Price Drops at Gamestop.com - Scurge $15, Gunpey-$20

nice, gotta get scourge hive now. I got Lost Magic and DQ:Heroes recently, so I'm filling out that most underrated DS list quickly!

I think I'll get Scurge for GBA as I thought that was received better than the DS version, which seems to have added some filler-material to make it DS-compatible. Reviews also state that the GBA is more polished than the DS port.

Has anyone played either/both platforms and can vouch for them?

[quote name='Caliburn']I think I'll get Scurge for GBA as I thought that was received better than the DS version, which seems to have added some filler-material to make it DS-compatible. Reviews also state that the GBA is more polished than the DS port.

Has anyone played either/both platforms and can vouch for them?[/quote]

The DS version turns into a very chaotic isometric platformer/shooter quickly. It works for most of the time, but it's annoying to have enemies coming from all directions when the diagonal inputs are rarely ever read by the DS.

I'd say $10.00 is the right price if you want to try it. IGN for some reason said the GBA version was superior, but since I only bought the DS version I cannot comment on it.

[quote name='dragonjud']The DS version turns into a very chaotic isometric platformer/shooter quickly. It works for most of the time, but it's annoying to have enemies coming from all directions when the diagonal inputs are rarely ever read by the DS.

I'd say $10.00 is the right price if you want to try it. IGN for some reason said the GBA version was superior, but since I only bought the DS version I cannot comment on it.[/QUOTE]

They claimed it had better graphics in a few parts, which makes no sense. The developer said they're identical, and no other reviews mention a difference.

Can anyone confrim this target drop for gunpey? target.com shows $30. Is this clearance YMMV?

[quote name='monkeypox']that's a great price for scurge: hive.

also, if you have a target nearby, most will have gunpey DS on clearance for $14.98.[/quote]

[quote name='FrankTheFrowner']::sigh:: remember when we used to have almost-daily EB pricedrop threads?[/QUOTE]

R.I.P. EB morning update with 25% off and classic games

[quote name='Apossum']R.I.P. EB morning update with 25% off and classic games[/quote]
Goodtimes. CAG15 WRU???

EDIT: Given the option, Gunpey or Scurge?

Would Golden Sun be worth it? I had heard of some older GBA games losing their battery strength and not keeping a saved game.

If the battery works (or do GBA games use flash?) they're good games. I wish Camelot made more RPGs :whistle2:(

Crap, were it not for low funds, I'd be all over Scurge and Pirates! Ah well, hope this holds up 2 weeks from now.

Guys, I highly reccommend Pirates!, if it's as good as the PC/Console versions.

Thanks OP. I'm going to order Capcom Mega Mix to add to my Strider Collection. I have almost all of the Strider games except the NES strider (which is on Mini Mix) and the god awful Strider Returns for the Sega Genesis (I'll never buy this because Capcom had nothing to do with it).

Scurge is very good. I don't know why people claim that the graphics are superior on the GBA, when the developer's themselves say otherwise.

Also, having the map on at all times (which you can't do on the GBA version) is reason enough alone to get the DS version instead.

[quote name='Wolfpup']If the battery works (or do GBA games use flash?) they're good games. I wish Camelot made more RPGs :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Some use flash (actually EEPROM I think, but same difference), and some use batteries. High-profile Nintendo titles use the former usually, and cheapo third-party titles typicall use the latter. I don't actually know the answer for Golden Sun, but its OOS now.

In for :ds: Scurge and :gba: Capcom Minimix. Thanks Alien Spider.

Is there a code for free shipping?

EDIT: yes there is its SAVER

EDIT #2: Thanks flybrione

[quote name='Apossum']R.I.P. EB morning update with 25% off and classic games[/QUOTE]

Ah, the memories.

damn it all, just as I make a deal for scurge here, the price goes and drops. oh well, didn't lose too much.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']In for :ds: Scurge and :gba: Capcom Minimix. Thanks Alien Spider.

Is there a code for free shipping?[/QUOTE]

SAVER

I was looking for Scurge...I have to try in store though as I have store credit.

As for the people wanting Capcom Mini Mix don't bother. It sucks. There are no save states so any game you want to play through you have to do in one sitting. I like Bionic Commando but in portable form (on the go) I wouldn't be playing through the whole game. That killed it for me.

[quote name='jkam']I was looking for Scurge...I have to try in store though as I have store credit.

As for the people wanting Capcom Mini Mix don't bother. It sucks. There are no save states so any game you want to play through you have to do in on sitting. I like Bionic Commando but in portable form (on the go) I wouldn't be playing through the whole game. That killed it for me.[/quote]

I mainly want it for Mighty Final Fight. Is that game worth it?

[quote name='jkam']As for the people wanting Capcom Mini Mix don't bother. It sucks. There are no save states so any game you want to play through you have to do in on sitting. I like Bionic Commando but in portable form (on the go) I wouldn't be playing through the whole game. That killed it for me.[/QUOTE]

That does suck, although Strider has a password system (horrible, I know).

I'm in for one, though.

[quote name='ma']That does suck, although Strider has a password system (horrible, I know).[/quote]
Although the NES version of Strider itself was total ass, unfortunately, which so happens to be in this set. :\

Save states would be nice, but it's not like the games had it originally. IMO it was a steal when I got it for $20 full price when it came out. Bionic Commando is still one of the best action games ever. The NES Bionic Commando that is, not the horrible arcade version.

I haven't played it since 1989, but I enjoyed the NES Strider MUCH more than the arcade version too.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I mainly want it for Mighty Final Fight. Is that game worth it?[/QUOTE]

I have that on the NES, and its quite fun. It's exactly what you would expect: Final Fight with Super Deformed (i.e. squashed/kiddy/cute) characters.

[quote name='Asgardian']Can anyone confrim this target drop for gunpey? target.com shows $30. Is this clearance YMMV?[/QUOTE]

check the target clearance thread for your area, but yes, most B&M stores have marked it down. you won't find it for that price online.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Hey, Bionic Commando Elite Forces for the GBC was pure sex. Don't forget that one.[/QUOTE]

I actually didn't like that much. In general I'm not a fan of Nintendo Software Technology Corporation (or whatever it's called).

Used the last of my Gamestop credit...picked up Scurge for $15 and Dragon Quest Heroes for $25. Thanks OP!

Title says it all. Hopefully this isn't a repost. I knew it had gone down to $20 but when I stopped by this morning it was $15 new so I snagged one.

a used and complete GBA version was selling for $10 FWIW.

[quote name='4est']Would Golden Sun be worth it? I had heard of some older GBA games losing their battery strength and not keeping a saved game.[/quote]

Golden Sun @ 5 bucks is a great deal. A lot of fun to play!! I recently picked it up for $5. Also Golden Age: The Lost Age is only $9.99 used. Hours upon hours of great gameplay for $14.98+tx. You can't beat that.

bread's done
Back