"Price Error" Rock Band 1 Bundle for PS2 $14.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='hernando57']Just got my cancellation email. it was worth a shot though[/QUOTE]

Same here.

"We regret to inform you that an error caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

Rock Band 1

In accordance with our posted policies on pricing, we are unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we have cancelled your order for this item."

Yeah, I wonder what constitutes a pricing error. oh well, I missed the deal anyway but feel bad for those who wanted the bundle for their kids; i would have done the same.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']
Aren't we sposed to complain and get a $10 credit or some such nonsense?[/QUOTE]
Complain on an error on their system that did not harm you in any way?

dohoho :lol:

WOOOHOOO! i ordered 2 so they said they could only send in one--n apologized for not being able to send both-so im like whatever as long as i get 1 for $15.:) hahaha

no j/k just got my cancelation as well-oh well nothing gain nothing lost.

Now I don't feel as bad as not ordering, though $15 isn't that low of a price for it to be a price mistake (I know it was a mistake but I mean it was possible to think $15 was the real price). Target had both the 360 and PS3 versions for $35 last year, I bought the PS3 version for $15 at KMart last fall and lots of people got the PS3 and 360 versions for $15 - $20 at Sears.

[quote name='zenintrude']Yar.... sucks that they didn't offer any future discount or anything.[/QUOTE]
Lol, because 99% of people who ordered it here didn't expect it to be cancelled...

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Now I don't feel as bad as not ordering, though $15 isn't that low of a price for it to be a price mistake (I know it was a mistake but I mean it was possible to think $15 was the real price). Target had both the 360 and PS3 versions for $35 last year, I bought the PS3 version for $15 at KMart last fall and lots of people got the PS3 and 360 versions for $15 - $20 at Sears.[/QUOTE]
When was this? :( The best I saw was Rock Band(2 Special Edition?) for $50 at Walmart, but that was too high since I didn't want it that badly, even though I still wanted to try out that type of game since I'd never played the Guitar Hero games either. I also saw a ton of Guitar Hero 3 bundles at a local store for ~$20 with wireless controllers, but I have too many ps2 games, so I decided to leave it.

[quote name='Crusher09']Lol, because 99% of people who ordered it here didn't expect it to be cancelled...[/QUOTE]

I didn't I though they would honor the deal since we had already paid

[quote name='cRodz']Complain on an error on their system that did not harm you in any way?

dohoho :lol:[/QUOTE]

Except the fact that what it equated to was a bait & switch? Honor your mistake, sell what you honored and make sure the one responsible for the "error" doesn't do it again. It isn't outrageous for a consumer to want the ticket price for an item, and it's honored in many retail outlets this way.

Now i'll just have to wait on a hold to lift for the rest of the week for those funds. Luckily it was a paltry $15 item...but how about if they priced the PS3 for $99 by "mistake" and suddenly you have a couple hundred bucks locked-in?

Their system is still managed by accountable hands(ie, people) that enter in and adjust all of that information as it's handed down. It isn't any more fair to shaft a consumer for a mistake a company made than it is for people that buy multiple copies for flipping purposes and abuse something they know is completely off for personal gain. Least they can do is offer some sort of a pittance to those affected in a bout to keep continued support and future purchases rolling through them.

You may argue it has no impact. I argue that the principle is what's impacted most.

A price mistake is nothing like a bait & switch. There are laws against bait & switch in most states because it is fraud. Fraud requires intent to deceive. A mistake is NOT intentional.

[quote name='Machine']A price mistake is nothing like a bait & switch. There are laws against bait & switch in most states because it is fraud. Fraud requires intent to deceive. A mistake is NOT intentional.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarification, and I retract the earlier sentiment about it being a B&S. I should have phrased it more that it just felt like one, rather than it being equated to one, but that's hindsight for ya.

I ordered the bundle and another game to qualify for free shipping. Haven't received my cancellation, but the bundle is not in the order. The kicker is that they added shipping to the other game. How sweet of them.

[quote name='therpson']Cancellation received. Arrghh...some guys are luckier than others.[/QUOTE]

It's not just luck it's also a lot of time/patience I think when getting deals like this. Whenever there's a pricing error just order it regardless and hope for the best.

People will always say "why bother it's just going to be canceled" and things like that but if you've got the time then there's no loss in ordering anyway just in case.

Everyone's got canceled though I'm sure so I don't think anybody got "lucky" here. Maybe next time?

[quote name='the4thnobleman']Except the fact that what it equated to was a bait & switch? Honor your mistake, sell what you honored and make sure the one responsible for the "error" doesn't do it again. It isn't outrageous for a consumer to want the ticket price for an item, and it's honored in many retail outlets this way.[/QUOTE]
exactly! if i walked into a retail store and there was a stack of RB Special Editions with a sign that said RB Special Edition $14.99, as per a law that was passed about 18 years ago they would HAVE TO give it to me for the advertised price. yet, on the internet, it's just a mistake and no one's obligated to honor anything...

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']exactly! if i walked into a retail store and there was a stack of RB Special Editions with a sign that said RB Special Edition $14.99, as per a law that was passed about 18 years ago they would HAVE TO give it to me for the advertised price. yet, on the internet, it's just a mistake and no one's obligated to honor anything...[/QUOTE]

I thought stores could deny anyone any transaction? Maybe that's not correct though.

As far as price mistakes on Amazon, I was able to save $10 on :ps2: Ar tonelico II when they initially listed it with an MSRP of $29.99 instead of $39.99. It was corrected a few hours later but I guess they didn't want to bother cancelling orders over a $10 difference. Makes me wonder if they have a fixed policy on price mistakes or if they take each item on a case-by-case basis.

I'm not one to judge when people take advantage of loopholes and such, as far as I'm concerned it's the retailer's responsibility to make sure their own prices and offers are correct. But when they do catch an obvious error like this, it seems mean-spirited to get up in arms about it. No harm in trying, it didn't work out, oh well, move on. It's certainly not a bait-and-switch situation when no reasonable person could conclude that Amazon might be intentionally selling it for that price.

[quote name='zenintrude']Pics or gtfo.[/QUOTE]

pics or Go To Fu***ng oklahoma?

j/k -but i do remember the first time i saw gtfo i was trying to figure out what it stood for. same with idk at first thought it meant --i do kid--(like im just playing around)- anyway

yeah if you ever see a price error just go for it youll be surprised that at times stores honor their mistakes. no harm in trying---thought it be nice to get like a $5 video on demand (not saying amazon owes me anything) just saying it be a nice gesture--for their mistake.

Getting the cancellation email and Amazon not honoring the error didn't bother me since I've received many good deals from them before and gotten a lot of good deals elsewhere thanks to you guys here. But I can imagine for those that don't do much online shopping or are new to Amazon, like my mom, this kind of stuff would just discourage her even more to not buy online or use Amazon. So potentially, they could have lost a few customers.

[quote name='youenvy']pics or Go To Fu***ng oklahoma?

j/k -but i do remember the first time i saw gtfo i was trying to figure out what it stood for. same with idk at first thought it meant --i do kid--(like im just playing around)- anyway

yeah if you ever see a price error just go for it youll be surprised that at times stores honor their mistakes. no harm in trying---thought it be nice to get like a $5 video on demand (not saying amazon owes me anything) just saying it be a nice gesture--for their mistake.[/QUOTE]

if you got though VERY EARLY (when 1 day shipping was still up) there would been a very good chance to get it.. I got the ROCKY COLLECTION off amazon on dvd years ago for 7.87 (it was to be 78.87) and since i did get in early and did one day shipping i got it .... 98% of all the orders of that was cancelled

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']exactly! if i walked into a retail store and there was a stack of RB Special Editions with a sign that said RB Special Edition $14.99, as per a law that was passed about 18 years ago they would HAVE TO give it to me for the advertised price. yet, on the internet, it's just a mistake and no one's obligated to honor anything...[/QUOTE]

Point me to the exact statute on that b/c as far as I know, there's no such law.

An offer needs to have two things: (1) consideration and (2) acceptance. There is no consideration in your example so there's no way that's an offer. In other words, no store needs to honor their prices. If Target ran a Sunday ad and it turned out all the prices were wrong, they could go ahead and deny every sale at the cashier. No law broken. Now, on a practical level, would Target do that? It depends; obviously, Target wants to have customers and may fear this harms their business but are they in threat of a lawsuit? Possibly. One customers could win? Nope.

Another example: think of all those new car prices in ads. Dealers NEVER have to honor those prices, and in fact usually don't. It's widely accepted among buyers that those prices are merely used to bring in people to look at cars. The law here sides with the businesses (and sadly, you'll find most laws do). In America, corporations can pretty much do anything they want. The sooner you realize that, the better.

bread's done
Back