Price match + GGC = Rejected?

azortex

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I went in to buy Kameo at Best Buy, brought a Circuit City ad for them to price match. They match the price but the cashier wouldn't let me use the coupon because it said "not good in combination with any other coupons or offers." WTF? Is this true now or was it just my bad luck I ran into this guy? :cry:

[quote name='azortex']I went in to buy Kameo at Best Buy, brought a Circuit City ad for them to price match. They match the price but the cashier wouldn't let me use the coupon because it said "not good in combination with any other coupons or offers." WTF? Is this true now or was it just my bad luck I ran into this guy? :cry:[/quote]

It's true, 99% of the time, you won't be able to get both.

[quote name='azortex']I went in to buy Kameo at Best Buy, brought a Circuit City ad for them to price match. They match the price but the cashier wouldn't let me use the coupon because it said "not good in combination with any other coupons or offers." WTF? Is this true now or was it just my bad luck I ran into this guy? :cry:[/QUOTE]

It's not the cashier, it's the computer... the computer will lock up and will override the price match to give you the coupon.

It's YMMV because sometimes a dumb cashier calls a manager who will manually override it.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's not the cashier, it's the computer... the computer will lock up and will override the price match to give you the coupon.

It's YMMV because sometimes a dumb cashier calls a manager who will manually override it.[/quote]
That's the real issue, yes.

Sometimes, CC will take competitors' coupons (none of mine out here do), so that might have been the only way you could pull that one off.

In any case, to the OP, if you tried to PM a game down below $19.99, the GGC wouldn't work anyway.

On a $30 game like Kameo, PM + 10% would have netted the game out at $18.99, which is a better price than the $19.99 @ CC.

PM + GGC or other coupon usage is YMMV for the reason Roufuss states above, the PM prevents any other adjustment save manual adjustment, and if the cashier isn't a fucking idiot, it won't work.

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary? Had to look this up. Is that how you guys are you using that acronym or does it stand for something else?

Also, is there a page I can bookmark with all the acronym used on here?

I tried this way back in Samurai Warriors came out PM from FRys ad and used the GGC as well. YMMV indeed...

bread's done
Back