Price matching at Best Buy

Capocci 007

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Okay, so I never price matched before but I know every BB does price matching. How does it work? Reason I'm bringing this up is because I see people saying they are price matching at best buy to get LA Noire cheaper. Basically TRU is giving a $15 GC, so if I price match this at BB I will get the game for $45 right? Also, how exactly do I price match? Do I bring in the weekly ad to the register when I'm about to purchace the game? Or what other ways can I prove it to them?

One more thing about price matching. Does it work with online retailers? And to what extent does BB do price matching, like do they only price match top retailers. Would the price match something from EA Store, Amazon etc.

Bring the ad with you to the store, take it to the register with the game, show them the lower price. As far as I know, they will only price match their own website and not other internet retailers like Amazon, and if anyone gets it to work, it's extreme YMMV. The "bitch" thing they do is say they have to call the store to make sure they have it in stock before they will match. If it's protocol, then fine, but I've tried matching before with a Target ad and a Target store literally in the same parking lot, and they bullshitted me, saying they couldn't match because Target was out of stock. I walked next door, bought said item they said was out, brought it back, and got a $20 gift card from the store manager for the cashier lying about calling when she really just walked to the back, did nothing, and then told me no. Many times, it's far smoother than that experience, but know that stuff like this could happen if you get a lazy/mean employee. Your best bet is to do this first thing in the morning on release, in case the store you're matching from does in fact sell out and they pull the "call" card.

You might want to look for their courtesy PC (it's a PC and printer near customer service that customers can use to print rewards certificates) so you can easy walk over and print out Best Buy's Price Match policy if they try to argue with you. If all else fails and you know you are in the right (and you want to risk being an giant ass and the repercussions of that) you can call the 800 number from the store and complain. However, after that you will likely be very known in that store.

I've never had any problems with BB and price matching. I have done it three times thus far. Just make sure to have the policy in print with you because not all cashiers are trained in the policy. Be firm, but polite, and generally you will get pretty far.

As far as online retailers, I don't think they price match anyone except for Amazon and perhaps a big name that everyone knows of. YMMV with online stores.

Good luck!

bread's done
Back