Price Matching at Gamestop - HUGE YMMV!*UPDATE*

taiidanx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
UPDATE
Just got back from GS they will pricematch EB's website.
So DOA:U 19.99 for me!!!!

Not totally sure if it holds up for ALL websites, but EB.com is a for sure yes!

Ok so I just got back from the local Gamestop in Davis CA and I mentioned the 19.99 DOA:U on ebgames.com to the manager (we chat when I come in). He says that I can bring in a print out of the page and they will price match it. I ask sevreal questions to calrify:
- Yes as long as it is printed out and physically in the store (doesnt have to be an insert, just printed like from online). The printout MUST identify the store.

-This is nationwide and very recently implemented, they want to keep it quiet but they must admit to it if questioned or offered by the employee (like he did).

-It does not heve to be a competitor's store (ie, EB) it can be ANY store, as long as you have physical evidence of the price (THIS may or may not hold up, since this is new he was unsure of specifics)

-This may or may not be for used stuff as well, although he told me he would match used prices as well until told otherwise.

Dunno if this is really true or not, since I could not match DOA (stupid EB takes down thier pages when outta stock... grrrr).
I may attempt this with something tonight or tomorrow.
Good luck CAGS!

Perhaps, but I was told this by a manager. I'm gonna try to PM Otogi 2 from the online walmart ad tomorrow, so we'll see.

Uh... I don't know about other people, but my GS always PM'ed as long as you have the original ad. Are they not supposed to?

[quote name='Vinny']Uh... I don't know about other people, but my GS always PM'ed as long as you have the original ad. Are they not supposed to?[/QUOTE]

Did you read the post? What we're talking about here is how, according to the OP, that there is a policy being implimented where they will pricematch anything from any store...including printouts from online stores...ie, outpost.com, and things like that.

If it's true, then this could be seriously big news.

$25 Baten Kaitos, or $10 Rygar would make my day, as well.

That's good. I've got a Gamestop but no EB Games or Gamerush or anything like that, so I might actually be able to get in on some of the good deals out there.

Thanks for the heads-up OP. I've got a Gamestop (more specifically a Babbages) really close to my house. Even though I do most of my shopping online, this will certianly help with any spur-of-the-moment purchases.

[quote name='taiidanx']^Exactly, tomorrow I'm gonna try Baten Kaitos and DOAU for 24.99 and 19.99...
I'll find out soon enough.[/QUOTE]

Dude, tell me if this works. I go to UC Davis too and that gamestop is walking distance for me.

I work at Gamestop and from what I have been told the only people that can price match are store managers and they will only do it if, it's a store like EB or another direct competitor, but most of the time they won't do it if the price is way lower and they usually want an actual ad instead of a print out from the net. So as the thread states this is a huge YMMV.

Hmm...well, I'd still like to hear what kind of luck others have been having. I sure would like to get some $10 Rygar and $10 Maximo VS Army of Zin...

The guy at the Eden Prairie, MN Gamestop said they don't price match. I showed him the return slip for FF:CC $9.99 (returned because jesus all what 10 "new" copies were repackaged and stickers underneath the crappy seal), but he sounded like that they don't price match whatsoever.

I'm going to try to price match Circuit City tomorrow. I hope EB still has the price going on, I'm sure they'll still be in stock tomorrow.

OKay an update, after speaking with the manager again, he is goign to ask during thier phone conference tomorrow. So I will know definitively by tomorrow night/afternoon.

[quote name='taiidanx']OKay an update, after speaking with the manager again, he is goign to ask during thier phone conference tomorrow. So I will know definitively by tomorrow night/afternoon.[/QUOTE]

you better find out because I am in Davis too!

bread's done
Back