Prince of Persia 3: emo++

Sneaking up at enemies...at full speed? Ok....

The protagonists with attitude thing is getting kind of stale, but I hope they have tons of the level hopping and not focus the game to be more combat oriented.

The protagonist with attitude thing is even more annoying because the Prince was normal and cool in Sands of Time. Then they decided to emo-ize him and make him all "dark and brooding." And now they're making it worse? Come on.

Indeed. Oh, a "darker" Prince caused by his manipulations with time. How...meh. Really liked the simplicity of the original prince compared to PoP:WW

But anyone with a mental age of 12 or younger thinks it the most BADASS THING EVER.

Which means essentially everyone in college and below.

Oh SHITS. Dark hair! TEH AWSUMS.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Indeed. Oh, a "darker" Prince caused by his manipulations with time. How...meh. Really liked the simplicity of the original prince compared to PoP:WW[/QUOTE]

I think that the explanation that the Dahaka made him "darker" was lame. It MAY have made him darker...or it could have made him something else. Why "darker" other than to make him seem cooler?

My dark evil twin took over babylon while I was having sex with a woman that made a dagger out of sand that could control time... Like thats the first time I've heard that line... :roll:

this looks really lame to me... the first prince of persia was almost perfect, i just dont get why they keep trying to get away from the things that made the first POP so good.

I'm playing through the first Prince of Persia again right now, and i kind of wish there was no combat involved. The level design and figuring out which way to go was the best part of the game for me. i put the 2nd one in for about an hour and i really don't like it.

Ubisoft just can't do no right with this game. PoP sands of time was an amazing game but didn't truly appeal to the mass market because the guy wasn't BADASS enough. Then WW tried to appeal to the masses and it had some success but I didn't like it as much as Sands of Time. WW was suppose to be BADASS whatever that means and he turns out to be this emo whimp. The third one seems to take this emo BADASS prince (God knows I HATE emo) and transform him into Sam Fischer (Nice touch...NOT) hopefully it sells well cause they have truly have done wrong to this franchise.

This game should mix the action parts of God of War with its own superior platforming IMO, this way they can satisfy everyone.

This game could definitely do without the "hyper Xtreme IN YOUR FACE Prince"

[quote name='Strell']But anyone with a mental age of 12 or younger thinks it the most BADASS THING EVER.

Oh SHITS. Dark hair! TEH AWSUMS.[/QUOTE]

Hey! some of us college people are smarter than that! not many of us, sad to say...

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only person disappointed with how they changed Warrior Within. Sands of Time needed a bit of tweaking to give some more vatiety to the fighting, but really it had all the best things that everyone loved about the original PoP.....beautiful animations and great jumping/switch-throwing puzzle-throwing action. They shouldn't have changed anything....I'd much have preferred a story that followed up with him and that Princess. In the beginning of Sands of Time, when you play through the entire first level before the credits begin rolling, and the Princess runs forward to try and stop the dagger being inserted into the hourglass, screams "Noooooo!....." in slow motion, it was one of those great moments in videogames for me, when the storytelling of a videogame becomes movie-like.....gave me shudders. Great stuff, I wish they would go back to it for the third outing.

[quote name='Strell']But anyone with a mental age of 12 or younger thinks it the most BADASS THING EVER.

Oh SHITS. Dark hair! TEH AWSUMS.[/QUOTE]

That second line is just great...

Thanks for the laugh

[quote name='munch']I'm playing through the first Prince of Persia again right now, and i kind of wish there was no combat involved. The level design and figuring out which way to go was the best part of the game for me. i put the 2nd one in for about an hour and i really don't like it.[/QUOTE]

I went through the second one until a bug allowed me to get stuck at a sand warp near the end.

I eventually had to login to the boards at UBI and Gamefaqs to find out where to go.... only to find I was a chapter or so away from the end and I was stuck with the bug which could only be undone by starting over....

Done with that game.

And as everyone already knows but keeps asking the first one sold like crap so if the second sold better then that means it is better as far as UBI is concerned.

They made some quality games but now I am afraid they will go the way of EA.

[quote name='bookishboy']I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only person disappointed with how they changed Warrior Within. Sands of Time needed a bit of tweaking to give some more vatiety to the fighting, but really it had all the best things that everyone loved about the original PoP.....beautiful animations and great jumping/switch-throwing puzzle-throwing action. They shouldn't have changed anything....I'd much have preferred a story that followed up with him and that Princess. In the beginning of Sands of Time, when you play through the entire first level before the credits begin rolling, and the Princess runs forward to try and stop the dagger being inserted into the hourglass, screams "Noooooo!....." in slow motion, it was one of those great moments in videogames for me, when the storytelling of a videogame becomes movie-like.....gave me shudders. Great stuff, I wish they would go back to it for the third outing.[/QUOTE]

Beat the original on Easter moring two years ago. Half my family sat down to watch the last couple of levels and the ending. I threw it in to waste some time early afternoon and before I knew it i had an audience.

[quote name='Snake2715']I went through the second one until a bug allowed me to get stuck at a sand warp near the end.

I eventually had to login to the boards at UBI and Gamefaqs to find out where to go.... only to find I was a chapter or so away from the end and I was stuck with the bug which could only be undone by starting over....

Done with that game.

And as everyone already knows but keeps asking the first one sold like crap so if the second sold better then that means it is better as far as UBI is concerned.

They made some quality games but now I am afraid they will go the way of EA.[/QUOTE]

exactly: PoP2 was more accepted by the casual gamer, so, by the numbers, Bad-ass prince is better than Good Prince...

BUT WAIT! ALL HOPE MAY NOT BE LOST!!!
So there is now a good prince and an evil prince: perhaps your actions in the game decide whether in the end the you are the good prince or the evil prince in the end, almost like KotOR.

Final Level: The Prince is about to go face to face with his twin. Depending on choices in the game (did you kill human guards? did you take easy ways out of obstacles, which would lead to property damage; or did you take the hard route, keeping Babylon beautiful by avoiding the easy path) The level is the main palace of Babylon, as it is revealed that the twin has taken over the city.

Good Ending: The twin is revealed to be evil prince, who looks more like prince from PoP2. You kill him, everything is hunky dory, and the entire city of Babylon rebuilds itself while cheering your name.

Evil Ending: The twin is revealed to be the good prince (PoP1), who has already been doing a great job as King, except it is revealed that the evil prince has been harassing the city for months, in hopes of finding good prince and killing him, taking the throne for himself (he believes good prince is the time twin) There is a battle and evil prince wins. Babylon continues to burn and you go to fuck your girlfriend.

Damn, I'm good

bread's done
Back