Prince of Persia Movie?

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Prince of Persia Movie?

Almost forgot the tidbit of Jordan Mechner writing the script for a Disney/Bruckheimer movie.....

This leaves me guessing....

Who will play the prince?

Jackie Chan has said that he would do no more fighting intensive roles because he wants more traditional roles to show off his acting skills.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']not trying to hate on everyone's selections, but would you not pick someone who at least looks middle eastern?[/quote]

Not a very popular look right now.

Remember when they considered Bruce Lee for the main role in Kung Fu?

[quote name='joystickz']
Who will play the prince?[/quote]
If they want the film to make money they will make the prince Orlando Bloom so every teenage girl in America sees it.

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='CaseyRyback']not trying to hate on everyone's selections, but would you not pick someone who at least looks middle eastern?[/quote]

Remember when they considered Bruce Lee for the main role in Kung Fu?[/quote]

Yea I agree, but can you really have a movie set in Iraq and not have Arab looking actors

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='eldad9'][quote name='CaseyRyback']not trying to hate on everyone's selections, but would you not pick someone who at least looks middle eastern?[/quote]

Yea I agree, but can you really have a movie set in Iraq and not have Arab looking actors[/quote]

Yeah but how many semi well-known, middle eastern actors are there? They probably need a big name to sell the movie, and they aren't really gonna find that with a middle-eastern actor.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='eldad9'][quote name='CaseyRyback']not trying to hate on everyone's selections, but would you not pick someone who at least looks middle eastern?[/quote]

Yea I agree, but can you really have a movie set in Iraq and not have Arab looking actors[/quote]

Yeah but how many semi well-known, middle eastern actors are there? They probably need a big name to sell the movie, and they aren't really gonna find that with a middle-eastern actor.[/quote]

thats why I said middle eastern looking. Case in point, Steven Seagal, he must have played every ethnicity on the planet by now.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']not trying to hate on everyone's selections, but would you not pick someone who at least looks middle eastern?[/quote]
serious. hollywood seems to be getting better about ethnic diversity a little though. heh, although of the Middle Eastern-descended actors just look or are thought to white though: kirk and michael douglas, casey kasem, etc.

bread's done
Back