Prince of Persia (PC) - $5.21

[quote name='Arcturiang']still a ripoff[/QUOTE]

Cool story.

Nemesis that's a sweet price with Prime shipping. Thanks!

POP (2008) was great. Loved that game.
So worth $5.21, if you can of course find other stuff you want to push it past $25 for free shipping.

[quote name='polishpride212']They had this, among other games and HD-DVDs, at 5 below, ymmv perhaps.[/QUOTE]
Certainly my local pricing does vary, I am tired of non universal deals. lol

does the pc version have the "epilogue" dlc available? Or is that just the 360?

Never mind, just saw that it came out on PS3/360, but not PC :whistle2:/

[quote name='chair_home']does the pc version have the "epilogue" dlc available? Or is that just the 360?

Never mind, just saw that it came out on PS3/360, but not PC :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Yep - Epilogue DLC, didn't get a PC version.
Damn shame, since that was one DLC I was looking forward to, actually.

There was huge thread on UbiSoft's forums official PoP Boards w/ PC gamers complaining about the lack of a PC release for that DLC.

Well, I was going to order this deal, until I found out that shipping almost doubles the price.

But here's the good part -- about an hour later, I went to Half Price Books. I looked through the PC games section just out of curiosity, and lo and behold, there was the PC version of Prince of Persia staring at me, for $7.00. It looked like one of those games that HPB orders for itself -- meaning, there's a good chance you'll be able to find a copy for the same price at your Half Price Books, if you have one.

I already have the game for Xbox 360, actually I just beat it a few days ago. I liked it so much that I picked up the PC version at HPB without question. If you like a game that provides a real "experience", as opposed to just difficulty, then I highly recommend this game. It's one of the most artistic games I've ever played, not just in its visual style, but its audio, atmosphere, and characters as well. I think much of the impressions expressing lack of difficulty stems from the cleverly disguised checkpoint system. Yeah it's easier than the previous Prince of Persia games, but that doesn't mean you won't fall to your would-be death multiple times throughout.

There's one more reason you should buy this game. It's DRM free. Ubisoft ran an experiment of sorts with this game's release. They wanted to see what would happen to its sales if they left DRM out. While they never publicly announced the results of that test (as far as I know), they have stopped putting DRM in their games... so you can guess what the results were :)

I played this and hated nearly every minute. I like most of the Tomb Raiders, especially the recent ones, and am kind of lukewarm on the previous Prince of Persia trilogy games. The 2008 version though was just too un-interactive. And repetitive, and annoying.

I wasn't able to beat it, and probably gave up somewhere around 1/3 to 1/2 in but it is gorgeous, and moves really well. For $5.21 no question I'd recommend it!

(And you didn't hear it from me, but Elika or whatever her name is is super hot :whistle2:$ )

Not sure what the "fulfilled" thing means, but I guess as long as Amazon processes it...

bread's done
Back