Prince of Persia Sands of Time Trilogy for PC 4.97/w free shipping no starforce DRM

Great deal... but don't really have time to play em right now, guess I'll wait for the Steam deal, assuming they'll have one. Movie comes out soon, so I'm hoping soonish for Steam.

[quote name='Brownjohn']How well do these work with the 360 controller in windows?[/QUOTE]

Seconded. I had held off on buying a 360 controller for use on my PC, but this may seal it. $5 for the trilogy is a steal. Of course, the 360 controller will likely be an anal-assault.

[quote name='Brownjohn']How well do these work with the 360 controller in windows?[/QUOTE]

I can only comment on Sands of Time since I got it on D2D, I'll just assume it's the same for the other 2 games. Playing wise, it's fine. Better than using KB/M for me for these types of games.

But I had to use an external joypad program to get it to work (the game did not detect my wireless 360 game controller automatically). Something like Joy2Key and set your configuration and it'll work fine.

This is a fantastic series of games, and I recommend that everyone purchase them at this price if you don't have them already!

This is an "everything but the box" purchase, so be aware of that when you order. I would have paid for it if it only came with a box! (I own them on steam already)

Just to let everyone know, the retail version of Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones has the highly dreaded Starforce DRM on it, which is why I bought the trilogy on the cheap during the Steam Holiday Sale.

I don't mean to be the party pooper here, but buyer beware...

Thank you for posting this deal. I was saddened that I missed the $1 D2D sale on Sands of Time, but, now, I've made out amazingly well with this new deal.

I'd be interested to see if Steam ever offers the trilogy at a similar price. However, I like my physical copies, so, whatever the sale turns out to be, I'll still be happy with this.

You can use a free version of Xpadder with the 360 controller, it works great.

Nvidia 8800 owners (and possibly others) will need to change a setting in the .ini file to avoid horrible graphical corruption. It's as simple as toggling a 0 to a 1, and a 1 to a 0. I remember the two lines were back to back, and one had to do with fog, but the details can be found in the Steam forums.

Works fine with 7 64bit, btw.

Never liked the older PoP games when I originally played them, but PoP 2008 got me back in to the series, and the new PoP (TFS) was also quite good, so I'm willing to give these another chance. Ordered them; thanks OP!

I first played SoT on PC and didn't like that the 'extract sand' button was the same as key as 'use sand.' I'm going off of memory here, but I was glad to play the game again on Xbox and see that they were seperate keys. I don't know about the sequels.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Just to let everyone know, the retail version of Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones has the highly dreaded Starforce DRM on it, which is why I bought the trilogy on the cheap during the Steam Holiday Sale.

I don't mean to be the party pooper here, but buyer beware...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a deal breaker, I don't want that malware on my computer.

I was concerned with the Starforce copy protection as well and did a little searching earlier today after getting the email. It appears this Encore package only has disc checking protection. No Starforce.

"sanceman, I actually own both the original PoP T2T (us release - 3 cd's) & this collection pack from encore. I don't know what version you bought but I just reinstalled the encore dvd version & I can confirm that it dosn't have any form of starforce included. It only has a disc check."

It seems like a pretty safe bet to me. So, I ordered it!

I am not being anti DRM, but how about the two Thrones, it has the Star Force stuff around the worse version of Starforce and os comparability issues...??????

EDIT:

Just read on the steam forums, apparently The Steam version of Two Thrones does not have the StarForce so I will have to wait on the Steam Trilogy Sale for the impending movie release....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mercilessming']I am not being anti DRM, but how about the two Thrones, it has the Star Force stuff around the worse version of Starforce and os comparability issues...??????

EDIT:

Just read on the steam forums, apparently The Steam version of Two Thrones does not have the StarForce so I will have to wait on the Steam Trilogy Sale for the impending movie release....[/QUOTE]

This version also does not contain starforce.

bread's done
Back