Prince of Persia: SoT Trilogy PC $8.69 at Amazon

[quote name='ninja dog']Nice, PoP:Sands of Time and two drink coasters for only ~$9.[/QUOTE]

:lol: But seriously, if you managed to not play any of the Prince of Persia series (I haven't, just got the package deal on steam during their 5-day sale) This wouldn't be a bad set for the price.

P.S. Take a look at the Combo deal. The 3-pack of PoP, the new PoP, and Mirrors Edge for 24.91 is a good deal

[quote name='ninja dog']Nice, PoP:Sands of Time and two drink coasters for only ~$9.[/QUOTE]
I thought I was alone on this one. When I played the latest Prince of Persia on my 360, I was so disillusioned by how boring it was that I went back to my PS2.

Really, only Sands of Time [and, in my opinion, the SNES version of Prince of Persia] was memorable.

[quote name='pigeon12']For me, Sands of Time was too repetitive. I have yet to try the other two in this pack, though.[/QUOTE]

Of course it was repetitive. You had to rewind time to play sections over again.

[quote name='agentghost']any DRM that I should know of? does this support Xbox controller?[/QUOTE]

Two Thrones has Starforce. Not sure about Xbox controller support, but I doubt it has native support.

In my opinion its the Two Thrones, a semi good game in the Sands of time and a large coaster with Warrio within

you're mental. PoP The Two Thrones was the best PoP ever made.

Too much hate ITT. Warrior Within wasn't as good as PoP, but it was hardly a bad game, just disappointing. And the big time change in atmosphere was unnecessary.

And the third game ties up the whole trilogy nicely. Overall, I think it's one of the greatest trilogies in all of gaming.

According to the Ubisoft official forums, this collection has no DRM. I cannot guarantee this personally as I will not get my copy for 2 weeks (I shipped it to my house and I'm a college, shipping all my stuff there so I can focus on finals). That is just the word of several forum users over there.

Edit: To address another question, I have searched the internet for a few minutes. It seems that this game supports 360 gamepads. I can't find any other information for other gamepads. Evidently it is plug and play, thus I believe it to also have support for other controllers but it could possibly just be the 360 controller. Hope this is useful information to everyone.

[quote name='agentghost']any DRM that I should know of? does this support Xbox controller?[/QUOTE]

I had to use xpadder for Two Thrones

[quote name='TheFa1thful']According to the Ubisoft official forums, this collection has no DRM. I cannot guarantee this personally as I will not get my copy for 2 weeks (I shipped it to my house and I'm a college, shipping all my stuff there so I can focus on finals). That is just the word of several forum users over there.

Edit: To address another question, I have searched the internet for a few minutes. It seems that this game supports 360 gamepads. I can't find any other information for other gamepads. Evidently it is plug and play, thus I believe it to also have support for other controllers but it could possibly just be the 360 controller. Hope this is useful information to everyone.[/QUOTE]

search around and the xbox controller support (or any controller for that matter) are really spotty

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Too much hate ITT. Overall, I think it's one of the greatest trilogies in all of gaming.[/QUOTE]

100% agree. The SoT trilogy was an excellent piece of work and a brilliant reinvention by Ubisoft. Sure, WW was needlessly violent but UbiSoft sort of HAD to do that given how poorly the first game sold (though in earnest, it was largely due to the first game coming out during a highly competitive holiday season).

The SoT trilogy never sold particularly well; I'm happy that I have the set on my XBX. These games were marvels for their time and have aged fairly well.

bread's done
Back