Prince of Persia: TFS $19.99 at Target (PS3,360,Wii)

Picked it up for $15 at BB a few months ago. Still hasn't opened it yet. Silly Ubisoft. They're conditioning me to never buy any of their products on release date considering how fast their games drop in price.

Only played the Wii one so far and I liked it, but many presentational aspects about it sucked.

The music was barely there, and what was there was weak.
The story was almost nonexistent and the little that was there, was really just plain dumb.
The voice acting was bad, especially for the lame ass genie that constantly talks.
Graphics should have been better for a Wii game, not look like a PS2 game running in widescreen.
Overall art style is boring compared to Sands of Time or The Two Thrones. Roughly as bad to look at as Warrior Within was.
The end of the game was so damn anticlimactic, the final boss is just a lame character (both in terms of character development--of which there is none--and in terms of looks). I didn't even know I had reached the final boss until I was fighting it. NOT a good sign.

With that said, I still liked the game, and plan on playing it again, but only because the gameplay was decent (outside of the lame waggle to attack) and I love POP platforming and this game has it in spades! And once you're near the end of the game you get so much freedom with the abilities you've earned, it's awesome fun! Too bad many aspects of the game bring it down.

So yeah, check out the Wii version if you enjoy POP style platforming, but note that the controls have been slightly simplified, the Jump button now allows you to wallrun which felt really odd to me at first, became second nature after awhile.

Got mine at BB for $16.XX after using the @gamer coupon. I'd wait until it hits the clearance cycle which I'm sure isn't to far away. This franchise keeps getting worse, I think it peaked at Warrior Within and has gone down hill ever since.

was $13.98 at my target. Had a clearance tab but was with the regular games in the newer cases attached to the cord. Same price on rainbow six vegas 2.

[quote name='shadowkast']was $13.98 at my target. Had a clearance tab but was with the regular games in the newer cases attached to the cord. Same price on rainbow six vegas 2.[/QUOTE]

The 2008 PoP is on clearance, don't confuse it with Forgotten Sands. Unless your Target is just way ahead of the curve.

Magic price point reached. The last POP, the cel shaded "literally no game over screen" version was atrocious, glad they went back to the sands of time roots

bread's done
Back