51s70EHn-BL_AA280_.jpg

Release Date May 11, 2010

Debut trailer.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/spike-vga-prince-of/59824
51BNnEwsDBL_AA280_.jpg

41v37bjlzXL_AA280_.jpg

412mPWR4cOL_AA280_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']Hopefully it's more like The Sands of Time and less like PS3/360 debut.[/QUOTE]

From the trailer it looks like it will be.

Currently playing this and it is awesome. The combat isn't as good as the Sands of Time trilogy, but it gets the job done. The puzzles are where the game shines (like it should be), possibly better than the previous Sands of Time games. Too bad they haven't announced a sequel, especially since there aren't any other games like this.

Good for you for digging up the three year old topic on this game!  Grabbed it from the PSN sale (having already 1000/1000 on 360) and looking forward to running through it again.  I really do hope they haven't abandoned the series (or worse - relegated it to being a mobile only franchise).

My fears are that they have. I am in agreement on FS, it was a good experience, though I also enjoyed the 2008 reboot too. I love any and everything PoP pretty much.

I've only ever played some of Assassin's Creed 1 but I'm not sure why that series gets all the love. I guess it sells better than POP did but the Sand Trilogy games were great. I haven't played Forgotten Sands yet but I'm looking forward to it.

Forgotten Sands is a major disappointment for a PoP game. If you treat is as an average hop there, use that skill, fight some enemies etc game - not that bad. But compared to trilogy and even PoP 2008 - too weak. 

I've only ever played some of Assassin's Creed 1 but I'm not sure why that series gets all the love. I guess it sells better than POP did but the Sand Trilogy games were great. I haven't played Forgotten Sands yet but I'm looking forward to it.
I agree. Frankly, Assassin's Creed is one of the worst games I've ever played.

AC2 and Brotherhood are better than either of the recent PoP games and I really feel that even the worst of the AC series is better than the piece of shit that was Warrior Within. I do love the PoP series though, and I hope a new entry pops up soon. I miss the Prince.

Warrior Within, they shouldn't have gone with the M rated/heavy metal stuff, but the gameplay was still awesome. Forgotten Sands, I really don't understand what's not to like if liked the previous SoT games. Yeah the combat sucked, but the puzzle/platforming stuff was just as good.

I can't speak for anything past AC1 as the game was so bad I decided not dive into the franchise, but as bad as PoP 2008 was, it blows AC1 out of the water. I really don't understand all the praise AC1 gets, it is one of the biggest pieces of garbage I've ever played.

I can't speak for anything past AC1 as the game was so bad I decided not dive into the franchise, but as bad as PoP 2008 was, it blows AC1 out of the water. I really don't understand all the praise AC1 gets, it is one of the biggest pieces of garbage I've ever played.
AC1 gets praise?

The same thing happened to me: AC1 initially turned me off from the series. And then, one day, I decided to give AC II a shot, despite my frustrations with the first title. Doing so paid off. Everything that AC fucked up (and there was a lot) was fixed in AC II, and then some.

If you're judging the entire series by your experiences with the first game alone, you're painting yourself a very inaccurate picture.

AC1 gets praise?

The same thing happened to me: AC1 initially turned me off from the series. And then, one day, I decided to give AC II a shot, despite my frustrations with the first title. Doing so paid off. Everything that AC fucked up (and there was a lot) was fixed in AC II, and then some.

If you're judging the entire series by your experiences with the first game alone, you're painting yourself a very inaccurate picture.
Almost everyone I talk to says how awesome AC1 is and it got almost universal praise from critics. Then all that praise makes me think the entire series is probably junk. I might give AC2 a try down the road, I don't know I just can't get the bad taste out of my mouth from the first.

Almost everyone I talk to says how awesome AC1 is and it got almost universal praise from critics. Then all that praise makes me think the entire series is probably junk. I might give AC2 a try down the road, I don't know I just can't get the bad taste out of my mouth from the first.
Heh, I don't blame you. AC1 frustrated the hell out of me for many reasons.

If you ever get around to trying AC2 or Brotherhood, though, I doubt you'll be disappointed. For what it's worth, the metacritic score went from 81% to 91% in the jump from AC1 to AC2. To me personally, it feels like a leap from a tech demo to a real game.

bread's done
Back