Prince of Persia Trilogy Ps3 versus PC

agentghost

CAGiversary!
Feedback
302 (100%)
Apparently the first one Sand of Time is out now on PSN. Can anyone tell me how good is the graphic? Is it worth a second purchase, considering I got the triology for PC for $8 3 months ago.

Any comment about the quality of this re-release is appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so I ended up purchasing the ps3 version and had a chance to compare between the 2 version PC versus PS3

PC Version

*Graphic: Very good, running on 1600x1200, strong contrast and nice texture. On the other hand, the CG movie is very ugly (i.e blurry and pixelated) since it is pre-rendered and don't scale up well on high res. This is one of the rare case I felt that the in-game graphic is much better than the CG movie. lol
*Gameplay: Run very smooth with superb audio. Had trouble figuring out for the gamepad Xbox 360 controller to work and still quirky even after I tried Pinnacle Game Profile software (the best choice out there to make the PC Sands of Time work with gamepad). Since the controller is mapped to the keyboard, there were instance of lag. And there is no rumble support for PC so whenever you scale wall and do consecutive jump (as in Ninja Gaiden), you will find it hard to do (read more about this below for the ps3)
Note: the PC version is very cheap and can be had for less than 10 bucks. while the PS3 cost 45 for the trilogy.

PS3 Version
*Graphic: not as good as the PC. If PC gets 8.5 for graphic, the ps3 gets 7.9-8.0. Texture is upgraded but the contrast is not as rich as PC. The CG movie is upgraded (YAY!!) and doesn't suffer the messy, blurry, low-res, pixelated quality like the PC.
*Gameplay: Everything works out of the box except that there were instance of audio and graphic lag. Gamepad works well and responsive. Trophy support is really nice. Rumble works well too. Whenever I jump from wall to wall, there is a slight rumble feedback which help me keep the rhythm and make successfully consecutive wall jump.

So if I have to choose, I'd pick the ps3 version over the PC due to overall accessibility and quality.

Hope it helps you guys to make the right purchase

bread's done
Back