Prince of Persia

I know you can get a package that includes Splinter Cell and PoP for $40. It's a great deal.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Target have POP on Clearance around $25 after taxes.[/quote]
I doubt you'll find it though...

Try GameStop, they have it new for $30, and the used is $25 (I think).

I've heard that the game sold very poorly...and mostly because of it's high price. Keep in mind, a game only becomes a Greatest Hits, Platinum Hit, or Gamer's Choice if it sells well enough on one respective system.

[quote name='freshzen']I've heard that the game sold very poorly...and mostly because of it's high price. Keep in mind, a game only becomes a Greatest Hits, Platinum Hit, or Gamer's Choice if it sells well enough on one respective system.[/quote]

Like Scooby Doo for PS2, Dave Mirra BMX 2 for GC, or Blinx for XBox? I think all 3 companies play pretty fast and loose with the rules... otherwise such games never never would have made it, and others like Wind Waker and Halo would have made it long ago.

[quote name='freshzen']I've heard that the game sold very poorly...and mostly because of it's high price. Keep in mind, a game only becomes a Greatest Hits, Platinum Hit, or Gamer's Choice if it sells well enough on one respective system.[/quote]

a lot of times they bump it down to stimulate the game sales. Also if other people think it sold well, uniformed people think that its good game so lowering the price is to make more money

I've heard different reports. EGM said it sold poorly because of the war on terrorism. I've also heard it was a best seller so I don't know.

[quote name='sj41']I've heard different reports. EGM said it sold poorly because of the war on terrorism. I've also heard it was a best seller so I don't know.[/quote]

Can't Americans tell the difference between Iran and Iraq?

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='sj41']I've heard different reports. EGM said it sold poorly because of the war on terrorism. I've also heard it was a best seller so I don't know.[/quote]

Can't Americans tell the difference between Iran and Iraq?[/quote] It didn't make any sense to me but that's what it said. :?: :?: :?:

Sorryto bump such an old thread but recently I played POP and now I really want it.
Is it really $30 at Gamestop B&M? On the website it says $39.99. Im not reallly intrested in the target deal since i already have splinter cell. Any orher deals for $30 or less. I dont really like to get used games.

^^^ I agree. Full price here too. It's one a handful of games this generation that I want to play through again, alongside Wind Waker, Tenchu, and Kingdom Hearts.

Meh it is worth 50, but its wayyy too overratted, a repeditive game like that does NOT deserve perfect scores left and right...

All right ive been convinced. Im gonna go to Gamestop and get it hopefully its $30 and not $40.
Which system would you guys reccomend it for? I have GC and PS2.

I now for a fact that to garner a greatest hits on ps2 . the game has to sell a million or be on the shelf for 9 months

I don't know where anyone heard it sold good, but every source I've seen said it sold pretty poorly. Along with Beyond Good and Evil.

Definitely the GC version. I've played both and some people can notice a difference in framerate on the PS2.

The same goes for Beyond Good And Evil, since both these games use the same engine. In BGAE the framerate was slower, there was no motion blur when looking throug the camera and other graphical features. In POP though, they seem to be equal, except in the framerate, and most people won't notice.

[quote name='eros']Definitely the GC version. I've played both and some people can notice a difference in framerate on the PS2.

The same goes for Beyond Good And Evil, since both these games use the same engine. In BGAE the framerate was slower, there was no motion blur when looking throug the camera and other graphical features. In POP though, they seem to be equal, except in the framerate, and most people won't notice.[/quote]

Didn't realize they used the same engine. PoP is platforming at its best IMO. The first time you do a wall run you will be hooked. These two games are in my top 5 of last year. Buy these games people, I want sequels.

Sequels for both are in the works. POP has been announced, and Ubisoft has had a press release stating that Beyond Good And Evil is a new franchise.

bread's done
Back