Princess Mononoke (DVD) - Studio Ghibli - $8.99 + FS - Buy.com

MrMan2k3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Princess Mononoke (DVD) - Studio Ghibli - $8.99 + FS - Buy.com Hayao Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke is on sale for $8.99 at Buy.com with free shipping.

Studio Ghibli movies are rarely sold for a price this low. The lowest price I can find it elsewhere, in stock, is Walmart at $14.96. (Or around $13 shipped from third party sellers on Amazon.)

I have not heard any news about a Blu-ray release yet, so this may be the only form you'll be able to watch the movie in for a while.

Fantastic movie. I actually bought this when they first released it here in the states for around $18 some years ago. They just need to run a sale on his entire library now. Definitely worth $9.

Buy.com is horrible. If there's a problem with your order, don't expect them to do anything to fix it. They might say they'll do X, but they won't. Then you'll file a dispute. They'll say they'll fix it. Then the dispute magically goes away as being resolved despite there being no resolution.

Fantastic, thanks OP! Princess Mononoke is one of the few anime DVDs I've wanted to purchase but never did due to the higher price. Now I can finally add it to my collection :cool:

[quote name='Mikerocosms']I own this from way back too. Love it! Too bad it doesn't have the original Japanese language track.

M[/QUOTE]

I own it and my copy does.

Bought! I wish there was news of a Blu Ray release but it will be out in due time. Great movie that introduce me to Miyazaki :)

Awesome, I grabbed one. Nine bucks brand new with free shipping! Couldn't pass that movie up for that price. Thanks!

Im on a Ghibli kick right now. Just watched Kikis delievery service, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind and castle in the sky. In for one as I never got this for my collection.

[quote name='PocariSweat']This is sold through Inetvideo. Anyone know if it is the same as the American version?[/QUOTE]

The listing on iNetVideo looks like the same version as on Buy.com and it is listed as a Region 1 DVD. The price is $1.49 higher at iNetVideo and you have to pay shipping, though.

[quote name='MrMan2k3']The listing on iNetVideo looks like the same version as on Buy.com and it is listed as a Region 1 DVD. The price is $1.49 higher at iNetVideo and you have to pay shipping, though.[/QUOTE]

It is a Region 1 DVD. I should clarify. I meant, is it the R1 Canadian version or American version? INetVideo tends to sell Canadian versions of films.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Thinking about pulling the trigger on this one, but I think I want to hold out for a blu release.[/QUOTE]

You'll be waiting a few years, seeing as it's not out on Blu-ray in Japan yet, nor has it even been announced.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']You'll be waiting a few years, seeing as it's not out on Blu-ray in Japan yet, nor has it even been announced.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the info. Order placed.

Snagged it, thanks. I have it on my computer, but the quality isn't great and it would be nice to be able to watch it and play my more graphically intense games.

bread's done
Back