Printer Ink

SpiderLocMTGO

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I've heard of people buying generic black and/or colored ink and using it to refill the current cartridges in their printer instead of buying new cartridges to save money, anyone know where I would go about getting that kind of ink? A link to an Amazon page for something like that would be great, I just don't know exactly what to search for or what it is specifically called, thanks!

I went to Staples and bought a pack of 3 small bottles for ~$13. You have to be real careful you don't spill the ink and stain anything cause that stuff's not coming out.

Simple. Just do a search for "ink cartridge" on any search engine like google or yahoo and you will see all kinds of links to sites selling generic ink cartridges. Here's a link to the terms they use to describe the different kinds of cartridges. They also sell them in many B&M stores, but be careful as some stores may not take them back after they're opened. I tried buying some from a B&M specialty outlet but found that they would not even work with my printer, I was able to get my money back though.

Thanks guys, I'll check Staples and those other office stores tomorrow for some generic brand ink bottles. Hopefully it'll be straightforward enough for me to not end up getting pen ink or fuck cartridges.

my exp with these hasn't been overly great. I'v used the ones where you use a syringe to fill the cart (until lexmark decided to super glue the caps on the cart) could never get my older hp to print right after refilling either. The one's i had were bought from walmart, and were cheap for both black and color. And can be VERY messy- prevouse post is right, that stuff does not come out of what ever it gets on

Some selected Walgreens Drug stores will re-fill your ink cartridges for about half the cost of new, just so long as you don't have a Canon or Epson printer.

http://www.walgreens.com/printercartridge/

I don't have one close to me to verify that they are any good, but my sister has used them before for her HP printer without any problems.

I think it's a lot better than messing with those crappy re-fill kits.

I got my HP printer inks refilled at Walgreens. Positively awful. Less than half the prints of a new ink cartridge.

There's a chain store called Cartridge World that does quality work for a reasonable price, but if you're really planning on blowing up your printer ink, I would suggest getting a full blown system for your inks. Something along these lines:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Continuous-ink-...ryZ99320QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you this route, do your homework. Some are great, some are really crappy.

bread's done
Back