Pro Evolution Soccer 09 (PS3/360) $40 (PSP/PS2) $25 at Amazon

Ooh, this is a pretty tempting alternative to FIFA 09. I always heard that the Konami games were superior to FIFA, and I really want to pick up a soccer game this year.

I also imported PES last year and was pretty disappointed. I loved the Winning Eleven games for XBOX but I've appreciated the FIFA offerings more this gen. Still 39.99 is really tempting.

[quote name='Vendetta']Ooh, this is a pretty tempting alternative to FIFA 09. I always heard that the Konami games were superior to FIFA, and I really want to pick up a soccer game this year.[/quote]

That used to be the case since, since this gen its been a different story. I would try both the demos before you decide.

great freaking link.

preordered both ps3 and ps2 version.

heard good things about the latest version.

but you didn't link and referred cheapyd.

While the Champions League license makes the game (and deal) appealing - I have to stick with FIFA for licensing reasons - I just can't stand playing as the North London Reds, so I'll stick with my PES 2007

[quote name='BigDirty']While the Champions League license makes the game (and deal) appealing - I have to stick with FIFA for licensing reasons - I just can't stand playing as the North London Reds, so I'll stick with my PES 2007[/quote]
i used to believe that also.

when i thought more licenses make the game better ?!

but i played winning eleven series for the first time, konami's gameplay felt much more real.

even when i hate those north london reds. it only took about few mins to change them to ARSENAL.

the version to get this yr is the ps3 version.

because the 'edit' mode will have more option than ever before. but there's the option file you can download and transfer them to your ps3 so 'every' team will customized to have real names, uniforms and emblems.

transfer made easy using a memory stick or usb drive

i preordered ps2,ps3 version

If I remember correctly, Seabass said that this version may have player transfers update thru PSN or Live. Like heyheyhey11 said, you can spend some time edit your team or just wait for someone to post the option file online.
I played the FIFA 09 demo and was impressed by its presentation but when the game started, all I gave it was 5 minutes and have never gone back. PES gameplay is way much better!

[quote name='heyheyhey11']i used to believe that also.

when i thought more licenses make the game better ?!

but i played winning eleven series for the first time, konami's gameplay felt much more real.

even when i hate those north london reds. it only took about few mins to change them to ARSENAL.

because the 'edit' mode will have more option than ever before. but there's the option file you can download and transfer them to your ps3 so 'every' team will customized to have real names, uniforms and emblems.

i preordered ps2,ps3 version[/QUOTE]

That still does nothing for the commentary and playing in a Stadium that isn't at Ashburton Grove. The presentation of FIFA, from the kits, to the commentary, to the stadium, and overall feel is what draws me to the game. I just don't feel right playing as Arsenal (or North London Reds) in a stadium where the fans are behind barriers or far from the pitch and have flares going in the stands. IMO - it's the entire atmosphere that makes the game, from the pitch to the booth, and literally everything in between, which has always been FIFA's strong point. The last Pro Evo that I really enjoyed was 9 (2005-2006 season) where Highbury was included in the Stadiums, and brought the BPL feel to the game.

im an Arsenal fan too, and I will be getting both titles this year. FIFA's gameplay ANNOYS me. Euro 2008 was making strides in gameplay and I was hoping that EA would adopt this system for FIFA. I downloaded the demo and I was dissappointed yet again, I find it better than 08-but its still not there- players seem like they are floating instead of running.

Nothing can match ProEvo and I would demolish my friends using ManU whenever Theo came off the bench- I liked to put him on in the 60th min. The difference in pace and control and even his lack of control because of his speed is perfectly captured in ProEvo.

but damn FIFA has the right atmosphere,presentation, and menus.

Last years PES was way better on the 360 but I am not sure which one to pick this year. I have been playing the PES series on the SNES and then PS, PS2, original xbox and then the xbox 360. For some reason, Konami decided to make last years version on the PS3 look and play like crap.

What do you think? PS3/360 this year?

[quote name='heyheyhey11']i used to believe that also.

[/quote]

Can I get a clarification on this? So, you're saying that the 360 version has that stripped down edit mode again but the PS3 version does not? This will greatly impact which one I get, since, the amazingly detailed fan made kits are one of the best things about this game.

Or are you just saying, because the PS3 has usb ports, it will be easier to install a fan kit on that system than on 360?

definitely PS3 version this yr for few reasons.

1. Option file that includes all real uniforms,names and emblems will be available only on ps3 version at winningelevenblog.com.
2. That option file will also include full German bundesliga.
3. Ps3 version supports in game mp3 and customizable chants.

The only bad thing is that all of my online gaming buddies are on xbox live.

anyone remember fifa98 on ps1? That was the last FIFA game that I really enjoyed. Even when the game physics are so 1998, the main feature was to guide your national team to 1998 wc qualifying stages. It had over 180 national teams had 20 major stadiums.

That was the last FIFA game I played passionately

The in-game edit mode will feature all-new templates for both versions. The 'option file' that relieves all the hard work that includes all the latest transfers ( one example is that MAnu's Berbetov is still on the fake tottemham team). Also includes all unlicensed teams will feature real names,kits, and emblem via in-game edit.

And as far as USB drive thing, the option file will be available on the ps3 because that option file will be available as a 'game-save'. And far as I know you can import that option file via
Memory stick or USB drive.

And winningelevenblog is only working on ps3 version.

It might won't even matter because theyre currently working on 'pal' version of the game which probably won't work on our us version

Well, I used to import the PAL versions for my PS2 precisely so I could use the many option files for it, but there were always groups working on option files for the U.S. version, too.
If worse comes to worse, I'll import the PAL one again, since the PS3 is region free, anyway. But I have to assume people will be working on option files for the U.S. version.

bread's done
Back