Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Have you guys read the recent previews or seen the recent controller tutorial yet?

This looks like it could potentially be one of the finest and well-executed transformations of a third-party franchise to the Wii.

Controller tutorial: http://media.wii.ign.com/media/827/827202/vid_2159050.html

IGN UK's impressions: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/826/826603p1.html

Unless the pointer interface is somehow crippled like early Wii efforts were, which is NOT the case judging by the video, this looks like it could be most of the most accurate and intuitive methods of playing console soccer ever.

Running based on where you're pointing on screen? Passing to where you point? Setting up lead passes? Telling EVERY man on the pitch where to run based on where you're pointing? All of that while still having a traditional analog stick in your left hand for controlling basic motion, if you so choose, and having several buttons available for other functions (which all set this apart from if they were to try this with a mouse on PC).

It truly seems to put the technology to good use rather than relying on cheap waggle thrills.

wowie wow wow...

this just looks pretty amazing...but i just can't believe that for another year in a row pro evolution soccer manages to out-class the almighty fifa franchise in control scheme department.

again...this control scheme [seemingly] blows fifa 08 wii out of the water.

I'm not sure what to make of this.

It does look awesome. Now instead of passing a through ball and hoping your guy gets it first in a good spot, you can control exactly where he runs and when in that run he will get the ball. The ability to better control what happens looks great.

On the other hand, the micromanagement that may be required to play well might make it too complicated for me. It looks like it'll take some practice to do anything well. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on it though.

[quote name='mikej012']

It does look awesome. Now instead of passing a through ball and hoping your guy gets it first in a good spot, you can control exactly where he runs and when in that run he will get the ball. The ability to better control what happens looks great.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!! I hated seeing an opening doing a through pass and the ball doesn't go where I wanted it to go. I think this will be great.

bread's done
Back