Pro Triggers for PS3 controller (replacement L2 & R2 buttons)

Sinistar

CAGiversary!
screenshot_187956.jpg

Anybody try these? http://gioteck.com/ makes them.

I saw this listed on this AVS forum thread
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=956803

Apparently they are little "covers" that you stick on top of your L2 and R2 buttons that keep your fingers from slipping off the trigger buttons.

I haven't been able to find any of the magazines listed in that thread but hopefully they will start selling them online.

This website
http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/b...ilable-again-from-psm3-magazine-issue-98.aspx
has a quote on there that claims that they will be in PSM3 issue 98, which came out last week. I think that's a UK only magazine.. hopefully local BN & Borders will carry them.

So far I haven't been able to find a estimated time of official release of these things.

Might end up being vaporware outside of the magazine release.

I like the idea, but I just wish the front protrusion was a little more subtle. The front protrusion is too, too pronounced.

Still won't change the fact that the triggers are mushy as shit and yet react to even to slightest touch. To be honest their shape hasn't bothered me much.

I'll probably buy these.

And to the guys who are tagging thread with replies. This forum has a subscribe to thread feature, there's no need to reply to something just to tag.

I think I'll be looking for these. The triggers kill me when I'm playing the old Guitar Heros (would be nice if they could patch the new GH controller to work backwards)

*flame shield up*

I'm not saying this to start an argument, but I wish Sony would sell a controller exactly like the 360 controller. It fits my hand perfectly (although the "hamburger" aka "duke" controller for the original xbox fit even better) and the button layout makes more sense to me. I've been using a dual shock for as long as I can remember and to this day it still feels akward to me.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm not saying this to start an argument, but I wish Sony would sell a controller exactly like the 360 controller. It fits my hand perfectly (although the "hamburger" aka "duke" controller for the original xbox fit even better) and the button layout makes more sense to me. I've been using a dual shock for as long as I can remember and to this day it still feels akward to me.[/QUOTE]
i'm the exact opposite, i think the xbox controller blows, and it was one of the main reasons that i got a PS3, that i'm familiar with the controller and i like it a lot better.

The 360 controller is horrible for any type of game other then FPS games. Try DMC4 on it, its absolutely horrible. PS3 controller is superior for 99% of genres in existence, other then shooters, and anyone who says otherwise is usually playing nothing but shooters on the 360 (which is all it has going for it anyway).

[quote name='blitz6speed']The 360 controller is horrible for any type of game other then FPS games. Try DMC4 on it, its absolutely horrible. PS3 controller is superior for 99% of genres in existence, other then shooters, and anyone who says otherwise is usually playing nothing but shooters on the 360 (which is all it has going for it anyway).[/quote]

I agree, but you've obviously never played Viva Pinata. :cool:

[quote name='Unickuta']I agree, but you've obviously never played Viva Pinata. :cool:[/quote]

You know, I think it would be a better controller (the 360 one) if it were a tad lighter. It's probably going to be less of an argument now that the Dualshocks are coming for PS3, but the Sixaxis, and even the PS2 regular controllers (and PS1 dualshocks) were light, comfortable, and functional. I'd pay for a non-rumble 360 controller. :)

I never really dug the "Goliath" controller for the original XBox... (I have surgeon's hands... buuut my feet are huge... so keep the jokes to a minimum... :lol:)

My problem with the 360 controller is the face buttons. I am going to take the PS3 controller over that.

[quote name='Maklershed']*flame shield up*

I'm not saying this to start an argument, but I wish Sony would sell a controller exactly like the 360 controller. It fits my hand perfectly (although the "hamburger" aka "duke" controller for the original xbox fit even better) and the button layout makes more sense to me. I've been using a dual shock for as long as I can remember and to this day it still feels akward to me.[/QUOTE]

Relinquish thy shield.. everyone has a controller of their liking. If you like the 360 then that's fine. Honestly, I wish Wii and 360 had a controller like the PS3. Nothing's wrong with variety. If a 360 controller was offered for the PS3, that's good for some consumers, and if the PS3 controller was offered for the 360 then that'd be good for some consumers as well.

The PS3 cotnroller would be better if it didn't have the mushroom tops, and if it had a small protrusion from the tip of the triggers, just a little to keep your finger from sliding down,

Back on topic for the thread.... :)
I went to a local Barnes & Nobles and Borders yesterday and they didn't have the mag.. Not sure if they were sold out or they just didn't carry it.
What about GS/EB? Would they carry these mags?

My thinking is that Sony should make a completely new controller design, one that's somewhat modular.

Basically, you have the core area that has dpad, two sticks, and face buttons, maybe the shoulder buttons, it'd also have the rumble and motion sensors built in. But then the hand grips are a separate piece of plastic than can snap on securely. There'd be one or two default grips coming from Sony, but third party manufacturers would be encouraged to make more to suit other players hand shapes.

[quote name='Sinistar']Back on topic for the thread.... :)
I went to a local Barnes & Nobles and Borders yesterday and they didn't have the mag.. Not sure if they were sold out or they just didn't carry it.
What about GS/EB? Would they carry these mags?[/quote]
I checked my local BN, Borders, and Books-A-Million and none of them carry the magazine. I called a local Ebgames and they said they only carry Game Informer.

[quote name='Vanigan']My thinking is that Sony should make a completely new controller design, one that's somewhat modular.

Basically, you have the core area that has dpad, two sticks, and face buttons, maybe the shoulder buttons, it'd also have the rumble and motion sensors built in. But then the hand grips are a separate piece of plastic than can snap on securely. There'd be one or two default grips coming from Sony, but third party manufacturers would be encouraged to make more to suit other players hand shapes.[/QUOTE]

I think a modular controller is a great idea, instead of a one-size-fits all design.

Racing games are my favorite and my fingers tend to slide off of the stock triggers. I'd pick up a pair if they weren't too expensive.

That controller armor seems kind of useless to me. It has the trigger attachments, but the problem is, the metal part only covers the middle area, which sees less use.

[quote name='Vanigan']That controller armor seems kind of useless to me. It has the trigger attachments, but the problem is, the metal part only covers the middle area, which sees less use.[/QUOTE]

Buying these is still cheaper than buying the triggers off of ebay.UK or trying to hunt these down.

Nice find, Simplygriff

I might check those out. As was said, it is cheaper than tracking down a set from Ebay.

Thanks for bringing up the Messiah link. I though the only option was to import them, but after looking at it, GioTeck and Messiah are the same company (same exact products, just a different name in US). Kinda sucks that the release date is April 14 and that you can't buy the triggers separately from the armor.

[quote name='RawisJericho']That is one dirty controller. The triggers look nice by the way.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I was think the same thing.

One of the benefits of this is if you set down your controller, there's less a chance that one of the triggers will be pulled as the controller touches the table. This used to happen to me when I used controllers to control bluray movies.

I'd love to hear some first-hand accounts of how these work, particularly with F1. The trigger pull and the throttle control feel horribly out of sync in that game.

[quote name='62t']
triggersrz6.jpg

here is a picture my friend took.[/QUOTE]

Did they say how well they work? Do they stay on ok? Do they help/hinder in gameplay?

[quote name='seen']I can't find this damn magazine anywhere![/QUOTE]

Same here, I guess I will have to wait until April when the controller armor things come out.

bread's done
Back