Pro Triggers for PS3 controller (replacement L2 & R2 buttons)

What the crap. I went to a Barnes and Noble (apparently located in the future) today and they had issue 104 of that magazine.

...:bomb:
Of course now I see that the AVS post is from December... But the AGE site says issue 98 was due out February 14th.

:roll:
I give up.

Anyone got these yet? The PS3 controller is really starting to piss me off. There is the Blu-ray FF/Rewind issue, Metal Gear characters saying stupid things during codec moments, and what is worse is trying to equip and use items in Metal Gear. I am seriously thinking about buying these blind I am so annoyed. When I do, I will let you guys know how they feel.

I actually liked the touchy buttons on MGS--very quick and easy to reload/equip.

[quote name='Sinistar']Amazon has them for pre-order now too (April 11th)
http://www.amazon.com/Messiah-Entertainment-M341-Hardwear-Controller/dp/B0013YNL6M[/quote]

Wow, talk about packaging overkill. I was thinking about checking at Fry's to see if they had the magazine, but then I just was busy or forgot. :roll: Dunno about $10 for these.

What I'd really like are some concave analog stick covers, to make them more like the 360. With convex sticks (Dualshock, GC, N64) I feel like I'm always having to readjust my thumb to prevent it from slipping off. I remember one of my friends had a 3rd party N64 controller with a concave stick. The controller sucked and made all sorts of creaking noises, but the stick sure was great. :lol:

I'll be picking these up ASAP, I don't care for the triggers on the ps3. So i'll picking these up with my gaming lagoon points. As far as the sticks go I just bought some of those geltabz from GS and they are an improvement over the mushroom tops.

Those are really cool but only necessary for FPS which is a genre I'd much rather play on PC/360. Still thinking about getting them just in case. Especially with Haze around the corner.

I'll be picking these up ASAP, I don't care for the triggers on the ps3. So i'll picking these up with my gaming lagoon points. As far as the sticks go I just bought some of those geltabz from GS and they are an improvement over the mushroom tops.

Those are really cool but only necessary for FPS which is a genre I'd much rather play on PC/360. Still thinking about getting them just in case. Especially with Haze around the corner.

I checked the manufacturer website it looks like these are going to be available at Game Crazy and Hastings .
I'll definitely get them if I can check them out at a B&M .

Well I was waiting for these to come out Amazon said the 11th, so I checked on the the 11th and they were OOS, but now it says they won't be getting them till mid may!

hmm.. interesting, but I dont have a problem with the ones on the six axis right now. And since most FPS on the ps3 use R1, I think these might be a little excessive and unnecessary.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']hmm.. interesting, but I dont have a problem with the ones on the six axis right now. And since most FPS on the ps3 use R1, I think these might be a little excessive and unnecessary.[/quote]

Yeah... I used to have problems with the PS3 controller until I started using both my index and middle fingers (I was used to using only my index with the 360 controller, and I still can't use both fingers on the 360 controller... just doesn't feel right). Now I don't have a problem with slippage.

[quote name='mguiddy']Yeah... I used to have problems with the PS3 controller until I started using both my index and middle fingers (I was used to using only my index with the 360 controller, and I still can't use both fingers on the 360 controller... just doesn't feel right). Now I don't have a problem with slippage.[/quote]

On the PS3, the only times I use the R2/L2 buttons is for grenades in cod4 and guess pitch on the show... I wonder if some third party company might release a 360 typr ps3 controller, with the r1 bunnons on the bottom and like triggers...

I know people complain, but I like r1 for a trigger, in shooters. It is a digital button, like a guns trigger. Guns don't have analog triggers, where you pull hard for a hard shot, and gently for a soft shot! Having said that, I will definitely be buying these. These is no reason I can think of that the controller shouldn't have shipped with this type of trigger.
~S

The mushiness of the triggers is what I dislike the most about the SIXAXIS. It's not like my fingers ever actually slip off of them, but it always feels like they might. It's always in the back of my mind when using them.

I also prefer the general form of the 360 controller, particularly in the layout of the thumbsticks.

So has nobody found an improved third party controller that combines the best of both?

[quote name='zengonzo']The mushiness of the triggers is what I dislike the most about the SIXAXIS. It's not like my fingers ever actually slip off of them, but it always feels like they might. It's always in the back of my mind when using them.[/quote]Amen to that. Just try playing F1 and then go back to Forza and you realize how imprecise the throttle control is with the horrid trigger design.

Still May 16th so far. But as soon as they are out I'm going to get them.They will come in handy for GTA 4, Warhawk, and to a lesser extent COD 4.

Someone already posted impressions of these online via video on youtube, said they worked great. The ones amazon are selling are the same trigger caps as in the review, except it's been packaged with that silly metal piece for the middle (which isn't required at all to use the triggers).

Amazon just sent me an email asking me to approve a delay to my order. Now there is no longer an estimate on the shipping date:

"Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date. You can cancel at any time."

Classic.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Links...? I can't find them.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, about that I edited my post to show the links.

Finally got mine in yesterday! (ordered from Amazon)

So far I'm happy with the triggers, takes a while to get used to, but they are sturdy and they don't seem like they will slide/pop off during gameplay. IMO, well worth the $10.

After spending some time with these, and playing GTA 4, MGS4, Warhawk, COD4. I think that these triggers should be standard on Playstation controllers. I hope that these will be sold by themselves, at a lower cost. The armor it's self is ok, it goes on and comes off without any issues it helps me distinguish between my two sixaxis controllers.

Finally ordered some RealTriggers from Amazon. I've been using them for about a week and I highly recommend them. I tried them with GTA4 and SOCOM and even popped in CoD4 for a bit to test them out. While I still prefer R1 to shoot (in SOCOM/CoD anyway), the RealTriggers are just much more comfortable than the standard L2/R2. As far as controller triggers go, these are much more comfortable than the 360's triggers, probably because they are wider and don't dig into your fingers as much if you have to hold one down for a while.

My only complaint about them is the underside of each trigger is "open" since they're just caps that fit over the existing buttons. This is really just an aesthetic thing though and doesn't affect gameplay at all.

I seriously thought about getting a pair of these, but, after playing my 360 for a while again, I don't think I'd like them. I've grown too used to using my index and middle fingers and having hooks on the bottom of L2/R2 seems like it would mush my fingers together like the 360 controller does. I was getting really annoyed when playing Project Sylpheed because it was nearly impossible to use both sets of fingers.
Maybe they wouldn't cramp my fingers together, but... I kinda like letting my middle finger slide down L2/R2 if I want it to.

I've had one of these for a few weeks now and it's definitely a huge improvement in the way the controller feels. Triggers are still mechanically quite mushy, but at least my fingers stay on there.

i actually got 2 pairs of these from like last year in GAME here in the Uk they are AWESOME they just feel more right now and more accurate aswell when playing! i hate taking them off just feels odd to play a game now when i do.

going off the rails a little here but I hold the controller a weird way and I was wondering if anyone else does this..

I do it with both 360 and ps3 controllers.. I'll try and describe this without taking a picture. I have my left thumb on the left analog stick and my left forefinger and middle finger on the Left triggers.
Then my right forefinger and thumb hold the right joystick in between them. Sort of like how you hold a pen. And then my right middle finger and ring finger rest on the right triggers.

[quote name='HowStern']going off the rails a little here but I hold the controller a weird way and I was wondering if anyone else does this..

I do it with both 360 and ps3 controllers.. I'll try and describe this without taking a picture. I have my left thumb on the left analog stick and my left forefinger and middle finger on the Left triggers.
Then my right forefinger and thumb hold the right joystick in between them. Sort of like how you hold a pen. And then my right middle finger and ring finger rest on the right triggers.[/quote]
Freak!
:lol:

[quote name='HowStern']going off the rails a little here but I hold the controller a weird way and I was wondering if anyone else does this..

Then my right forefinger and thumb hold the right joystick in between them. Sort of like how you hold a pen. And then my right middle finger and ring finger rest on the right triggers.[/quote]

That is insane.

But yeah my friend got a new PS3 from Gamecrazy & these were already in the box, which was odd. I liked them though. Im gonna have to pick some up

For those that want to buy them in person,it looks like gamestop is now carrying the real triggers now. I saw them on a display on their counter. $4.99.

Just an FYI, everyone that owns a PS3 should have a pair of these. They feel completely natural and make using the triggers effortless, just like they are supposed to be.

I had one of these fall off during a game last week (I was pressing way too hard, it shouldn't normally happen), and it felt really weird using the original R2 for a little bit. It just made me appreciate them more.

I specifically came into this thread ready to see ManaKnight defend the original triggers to the death.

5 pages in and a no show....

Color me shocked!

[quote name='infamyRISE']I specifically came into this thread ready to see ManaKnight defend the original triggers to the death.

5 pages in and a no show....

Color me shocked![/QUOTE]

:whee:

[quote name='ManaKnight'] That is why Ken Kuturagi wanted the boomerang .

ps3_screen001.jpg

[/quote]

:rofl::rofl:

bread's done
Back