(Probably YMMV) $5 off $25 Target Coupon (New Stores Only)

edavis0780

CAGiversary!
scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

Just got a card in the mail because of a new Target store opening nearby. Inside was a $5 off any $25 purchase coupon card (no toy purchase BS). However, the card does state "Offer valid only at new Target stores", the front says "Just our way of saying hello", and all the standard "void if copied" stuff. I have received and scanned an original copy of the card so I can point out any "alterations" of this card. Let's not give CAG a bad name and commit coupon fraud. We already walk the fine line by printing copies, but altering text and removing information is illegal.

Once again:

1. Coupon appears to work only at "new" stores
2. Coupon might work at other stores
3. No specific items have to be purchased (like the other $5 off $25 coupon)
4. Do NOT alter the text of this coupon in order to improve acceptance rates

They got smart now and sent out physical coupon cards instead.

Last time they did the toy coupon in an email so everyone has to print it out in order to use it, which increases the abuse rate.

[quote name='TimPV3']You're telling us not to commit fraud, yet you posted a coupon that isn't intended to be copied...[/quote]

Generally on these boards it is acceptable to try to use a coupon that says void if copied. YMMV on that being accepted.

It is not acceptable to edit any of the text in the coupon and then try to use it.

IANAL and I do not know where the target employee stupidity line ends and the fraud line begins.

Local Targets have signs at the checkout now stating they will not accept the "$5 off $25" Toys coupon because of recent fraud.

I did get one of these cards as well, there is a new store opening in a few weeks.

I was at Target earlier this week and I saw a sign printed with the infamous $5 off $25 coupon at the register. They're no longer accepting it. Definitely YMMV

[quote name='nlyonssmith']Generally on these boards it is acceptable to try to use a coupon that says void if copied. YMMV on that being accepted[/quote]I'm fully aware, I just found this ironic. With the whole $5 off $25 fiasco, I think any printed coupon is looked at closer now, ESPECIALLY one with the same value.

[quote name='JJSP']Is this for the new La Habra store?[/quote]

Yup. I think they're closing down the one on Harbor and Imperial. Looks like everything (inventory, employees, and the kitchen sink) are being shifted over near Beach now.

You guys must be in Cali? Because I am in South FLA and I also have a new one opening up near me and got one of these. HOWEVER, the CODE is different which is odd since I cant remember them ever being different before...then again I never really paid attention so long as it would scan.

Everything else is the same. The pictures with the balloons, expiration date, etc. etc. But I noticed that the bar code is different. Which may or may not make this a one shot deal.

Goodluck.

PLEASE DONT ABUSE, if it works, use it wisely as abuse will shut this deal down in the blink of an eye.

Its cool to be a CAG, not cool to be just an ass.

EDIT: I would also like to add that at least over here, I have been to most Targets in the Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach areas and they are REALLY strict and dont even want to accept their own coupons which are on their own site. TL- "We cant accept coupons that are printed on paper anymore." ME- "But I just printed this from your own website and I can do it from your own kiosk right over there" TL- "Sorry but we dont accept these anymore" ME-"I know you dont accept the 5 off 25 TOY coupon anymore but this isnt that one. This is the Lean/Hot Pockets coupon thats on your own website right now. Its not expired and its valid." TL- "Sorry but we cant do it" (hired security guard agrees)...This has happened in at least 4 stores in my area.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IronsideGrunt']You guys must be in Cali? Because I am in South FLA and I also have a new one opening up near me and got one of these. HOWEVER, the CODE is different which is odd since I cant remember them ever being different before...then again I never really paid attention so long as it would scan.

Everything else is the same. The pictures with the balloons etc. etc. But I noticed that the bar code is different. Which may or may not make this a one shot deal.
[/quote]

That's definitely a wrench thrown into the mix. We'll see how things go (may vary from state to state), but it looks like Target may have actually started printing up individual coupons this time.

[quote name='edavis0780']That's definitely a wrench thrown into the mix. We'll see how things go (may vary from state to state), but it looks like Target may have actually started printing up individual coupons this time.[/quote]

Yeah I know.

I actually had no idea until I really looked at the coupon in the OP and remembered that the one I got today ended in 74, not 70.

The only numbers that match are 9856-0112 then after that they are different.

THANKS for the coupon though brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not this coupon. That's the Toy one the news clip is talking about. The 'other' one that the dude is talking about is the altered fraudulent toy coupon.

The issue here would be (if this one scans) if you can get the now paranoid and overzealous cashier and team leader, manager or whatever they are called there to accept it. They are suppossed to be accepting everything but that specific one. The problem is some stores are taking it too far.

If they do take it, then all's well for you and as long as you dont abuse it, you should be fine for the duration of the coupon. If they deny you well...there's not much you can do.

bread's done
Back