Probelm with refund from heatdolphins45

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsheinem

CAGiversary!
Feedback
136 (100%)
I really didn't want to have to publicize this, but I am starting to think it is the best chance I have to get my refund.

I bought a used 5.5g 80GB iPod from heatdolphins45 for $140. The transaction went great - he sent pictures, threw in a free holder, etc. We chatted over Yahoo! chat and he answered any/all questions I had about the unit. I was very impressed with him, and had one good experience in the past with him when I bought an item in his lowabll sale (he threw in a freebie).

When the iPod arrived, it (and the packaging) REEKED of smoke. I have lived with a smoker, can deal with items that have a hint of smoke, etc. This smelled like an ashtray - it was unusable and I wanted it out of my house. heatdolphins45 had agreed in advance that if there were any problems with the iPod I could return it for a full refund. So, that's what I decided to do.

He apologized for the smell and we agreed I would send it back (with Delivery Confirmation). He confirmed that the iPod arrived last Thursday, but I still have not recieved my refund. It has now been a week.

When pressed, he has left me emails that mention it has been a "busy work week" and that he'll refund me when he "has the time." It takes less than a minute to issue a refund through PayPal - as much time as it takes to email me promising it! Yesterday, he indicated that he can finally refund me (and previously had some personal problems), but still has not done so.

He has been good at communicating so far, but I am starting to get nervous that I am out my $140. If anyone has any suggestions or related problems, please post them here!

Since I had good dealings with him before this past week, I am hesitant to think he is trying to scam me. But a week without a refund is just too long to let it continue to slide. I'd be glad to update this with a happy conclusion if/when the refund appears!

ive never personally dealed with him, but what ive heard about him from on CAG is that he takes an awful long time to do stuff sometime. Maybe he spent the money in his paypal, and doesnt have it there now to refund? I dont know.

Either way, good luck. Hope you get your money back soon

This is absolutely ridiculous..it been a week(7 days!). It's nice to see how the CAG community has it in for you with my perfect 97 feedback, I feel so welcome. dsheinem, I had to reset my paypal password last night, the payment will be sent as soon as I get home, I promise you..I continue to respond to everything you offer so I'm very surprised that you doubt me...

[quote name='the_grimace']maybe he spent the money in his paypal, and doesnt have it there now to refund?[/QUOTE]

I agree... I've never dealt with him either, but he probably spent the $ and is waiting for another payday. Not everyone has $140 to refund immediately. Most ppl get paid this Friday (tomorrow).

I'm not defending him... just saying... IF that is the case, he should have told you up front (I can give you a refund, but already spent the $, I'll refund you on 5/1 or something)

[quote name='heatdolphins45']I continue to respond to everything you offer so I'm very surprised that you doubt me...[/quote]

[quote name='phdeez'] IF that is the case, he should have told you up front (I can give you a refund, but already spent the $, I'll refund you on 5/1 or something)[/quote]

This is why I decided to publicize this - you have sent me several emails this week telling me that you'd more or less send my refund "when you get a chance" or "have time". Certainly in the course of a week you would have had the time needed to issue a refund.

If the case was just that you COULDN'T refund me until a certain date, you should have let me know that (perhaps even before I sent the iPod back). Again, I don't think you are trying to scam me per se, but you have been less than honest with telling me when I should expect a refund.

Your emails fit the pattern of some people who do indeed take the money and run, so that explains my nervousness. I figured a notice here would be an in-between step to actually filing a PayPal claim, which I haven't yet done. Like I said above, I'll be happy to post an update once the payment is recieved.

Man at least he was communicating and he had personal problems i would ahve cutted the guy some slack, perhaps he had serious money issues, but he is in the thread. At the same time OP I have been scammed and it does suck, and there is a whole lot of scamming going on but going off heatdolphins itrade id say your safe.

Or you could just do a few things to get rid of the smoke smell, take some non-crystal based cat litter (charcoal is the best) place a bag in a box, generously spread some in there.

Place a stand or something to place your ipod on amidst the litter (make sure the littler and or dust is settled) place your ipod in there, seal the bag, close the box. Leave it there when your not using it.

Smell should be gone in a few weeks. YMMV.

*edit* Should be noted i did this is a gameboy micro. So it worked, but it could of been the fact that i just kept using it outdoors...

[quote name='d3solut3']Or you could just do a few things to get rid of the smoke smell, take some non-crystal based cat litter (charcoal is the best) place a bag in a box, generously spread some in there.

Place a stand or something to place your ipod on amidst the litter (make sure the littler and or dust is settled) place your ipod in there, seal the bag, close the box. Leave it there when your not using it.

Smell should be gone in a few weeks. YMMV.

*edit* Should be noted i did this is a gameboy micro. So it worked, but it could of been the fact that i just kept using it outdoors...[/quote]

LMAO we have a Maguyver ladies and gentleman. Nice ;) Ill have to try this the next time someone sends me some smoke infested games.

If you had a problem with the time, take it to a mod instead of posting a thread. You will most certainly get your refund. If you have a problem with the length of time leave a neutral feedback. Heat has great feedback and there has been communication, cut some slack.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']This is absolutely ridiculous..it been a week(7 days!). It's nice to see how the CAG community has it in for you with my perfect 97 feedback, I feel so welcome. dsheinem, I had to reset my paypal password last night, the payment will be sent as soon as I get home, I promise you..I continue to respond to everything you offer so I'm very surprised that you doubt me...[/quote]

I don't think anyone has it in for you. Many have said to cut you slack. He just got nervous. I'd be nervous with 140$ too.

[quote name='rmb']If you had a problem with the time, take it to a mod instead of posting a thread. You will most certainly get your refund. If you have a problem with the length of time leave a neutral feedback. Heat has great feedback and there has been communication, cut some slack.[/quote]

I know he has a good feedback - even I have had good dealings with him in the past. But the emails I have received this week deviated from what I'd run into so far, so I felt like I had some reason to be alarmed.

If the consensus seems to be that I'm jumping the gun here, I'd be happy for a mod to delete this thread and I can go a different route.

I'm not out to make a bad name for the guy, but I feel like he needs an extra push to actually issue the refund or at least be up front about when I should expect it.

I just had to comment on this since I did a trade with Heat a long time ago. I sent him my half first, and everything worked out fine. He is a great trader. I don't see why you questioned him. I understand it has been a week, and maybe he didn't have the funds to give it back to at the moment. I could see that happening from time to time. Also If he was going to rip you off I don't think he would have replied to everything you asked him. Heat is a stand up guy. He will pay you when he has it/gets the chance.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']This is absolutely ridiculous..it been a week(7 days!). It's nice to see how the CAG community has it in for you with my perfect 97 feedback, I feel so welcome. dsheinem, I had to reset my paypal password last night, the payment will be sent as soon as I get home, I promise you..I continue to respond to everything you offer so I'm very surprised that you doubt me...[/QUOTE]

You don't have PERFECT feedback. Not even close.
http://gametz.com/user/heatdolphins45.html

I've traded with this guy before and he lied about his condition of his game, although I just let it go since I was relatively new to trading at the time.
He traded me a zelda twlight princess gc game which was not in 'excellent' condition but had noticeable scratches on it. He's also 5 Bad Trade Reports as well as 6+ canceled trades on GTZ as well. The only reason you have 'perfect' on CAG is because there is no in-between option for an accurate rating. It's either positive, negative or neutral.

[quote name='muhsheesuh']You don't have PERFECT feedback. Not even close.
http://gametz.com/user/heatdolphins45.html

I've traded with this guy before and he lied about his condition of his game, although I just let it go since I was relatively new to trading at the time.
He traded me a zelda twlight princess gc game which was not in 'excellent' condition but had noticeable scratches on it. He's also 5 Bad Trade Reports as well as 6+ canceled trades on GTZ as well. The only reason you have 'perfect' on CAG is because there is no in-between option for an accurate rating. It's either positive, negative or neutral.[/quote]

What website is this? Cheapassgamer.com, learn to read please..that's all I ask..the declining youth of America troubles me. And thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it, on my way home so you will be getting payment soon dshienem.

I personally think the buyer just had "buyer's remorse", I mean how does an electronic device like an ipod lock in the smell of smoke? That's crazy and I've never heard about it before. I know it happens to cars but that's because of the fabric of the seats and all but the ipod is metal.

[quote name='mcginnis']I personally think the buyer just had "buyer's remorse", I mean how does an electronic device like an ipod lock in the smell of smoke? That's crazy and I've never heard about it before. I know it happens to cars but that's because of the fabric of the seats and all but the ipod is metal.[/quote]

Nope. It reeked. The entire package that the iPod came in (and the mailer, for that matter) smelled even worse, but the iPod itself stunk as well. I don't think that it is all metal material, either, so maybe the smell attached to plastic parts/cords/body coating/etc. I even took the iPod outside to see if I could smell it when I was away from the packaging, and the smell was still nauseating.

heatdolphins45, is the 80Gb model on your TL right now the same one I sent back? If so, you might want to try to de-smellify it (maybe with the litter method?) before sending it to someone else. Otherwise, you'll want to make sure you are up front about the condition.

Just lock the thread up. He said your getting your refund when he gets home. If you don't get in a couple days then start up a new one, but for now this thread has done what you wanted it to do which is give him a "push" to get started on your refund.

No need to bring up the past and what not.

Ive traded with heatdolphins45 a lot, in fact he was the first person, i traded with on CAG. Sold him a ipod 80 gb which went perfectly well. I still trade with him and trust him. Ive never had any bad feedback with anyone on CAG.

I say just have a little patience.

Also anyone looking for a 60Gb 5th gen ipod in minty condition let me know.
Gotta buy myself a new 360 for my bday this sunday. Its still got the screen plastic on.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']What website is this? Cheapassgamer.com, learn to read please..that's all I ask..the declining youth of America troubles me. And thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it, on my way home so you will be getting payment soon dshienem.[/quote]

really? The youth of america is declining because someone brought up your bad trades from another website? Interesting. Even more so is one of your bad feedbacks on that site is from someone saying you took forever to issue a refund. :/ I dont doubt your a good trader with 97 itrade but come on. Dont insult someone because he called you on a lie. Doesn't matter what website it is.

heatdolphins45 why don't you just explain to the OP why you're slow on the refund? Everyone has their own difficulties. And OP you must understand $140 is not a small amount of money. Like others have said he might have spent it and trying to gather it back somehow to refund you. It has only been 1 weeks I think you might have overreacted. But in a few days (3-4 more days) and you still don't get your refunds. Ask him sincerely again the reason. If you don't get any communication here are your options: 1st alert the mods here. 2nd inform the postal office since you have his name and address.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Payment has been sent, case closed.[/quote]

Payment received. Closing thread now. Mods can delete if they see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back