Problem playing Dissidia and upgrading firmware

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
My brother bought Dissidia today , but in trying to play the game , the system says it needs to upgrade to Firmware 5.5 (currently using 3.51 I think). Every time it downloads and trys to apply the firmware though , it stops and gives an error message (DADADADA). Any ideas what I can do to resolve this problem?

I acknowledge there is the possibility that CFW might be the root cause of this , and if that's the case I'm not trying to cause a problem with this thread. The PSP I have was bought used , and I have no real idea about the firmware that was on it , and whether or not it might have been CFW.

Check the firmware first. It it has something after the number it is CFW. You have to pdate to the latest custom firmware. Once you install CFW you cant install official firmware.

[quote name='62t']Check the firmware first. It it has something after the number it is CFW. You have to pdate to the latest custom firmware. Once you install CFW you cant install official firmware.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that , I just assumed that new official firmware would overwrite whatever old firmware was on the system.

I'll double check it tomorrow and go from there.

bread's done
Back