Problem with a seller on ebay. Need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Queen Serenity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
A few days ago I bought a couple of games on ebay. The seller listed in the auction description that the games/discs were flawless. Well, today I received the games and when I checked the discs they were nowhere near flawless condition. Two of the three discs have a good amount of scratches.

When I went on ebay I noticed that seller was now no longer registered. I promptly wrote to seller demanding that he return a portion of what I paid for the games. I just got a reply from him saying that he was having problems with ebay and paypal but that he would refund me what I asked for as soon as he fixes the problems. He also told me ebay suspended him for no reason.

What I need advice on is what I should do. What I am considering is giving him until Monday to fix his problems and refund my money. Should I do that or should I immediately file a paypal dispute?

By the way, the seller has a feedback of 162 with a 99.4% positive rating.

filing a PP dispute wont acconplish much if the seller is NARU. filing a chargeback cant hurt, but if the seller has no money in PP funds, you wont get and money. In the future avoid sellers with very little FB or have bad FB. chaul it up, hopefully you didnt pay a load of $$$. And if the games play, that isnt the end of the world.

I went ahead a filed the Paypal dispute/claim. I should get my refund in 10 days. If the seller does not have any funds, then I guess I will have to do a chargeback through my credit card company.

Quick question about doing a chargeback through my credit card company. Do I just call them and say I need to do a chargeback? What would I need to provide them with so that they will do it?

EDIT: Never mind. The seller came through and refunded what I had requested. Thanks to both of you for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back