Problem with buyer on Half

bil4ltool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
About a month ago my friends told me about how good Half.com is for selling buying and selling college textbooks. I bought almost all of my books for this semester on there and decided to sell all of mine. I list all of them, and they all sell within a day.
I ship them out the next day (January 12th) and use media mail like I'm supposed to. I've already recieved feedback for one of the books, and I assume that Half users aren't as good as ebay users at leaving feedback.

So two days ago a guy emails me and says "I ordered this Item for school and it is 3 weeks into school and it has not arrived. Please respond with tracking information and where my textbook is located."
I tell him "I can scan the receipt and send it to you". Of course there is no tracking number, as I'm 99% sure media mail doesn't have a delivery confirmation option. He requests the scan and I send it, simply to prove that I did send it, and that I did send on the 12th of this month.
A few hours later he writes back " first of all there is no tracking number, this book better get here by the 31 january. What kind of buisness you are running." So as of yesterday it had been 14 shipping days, but I've looked it up and read that many people sometimes dont get their media mail for upwards of a month.

Does anyone know Half's policy on textbook shipping? This guy obviously has no clue what he's talking about, even though I've told him that media mail takes a long time. Any idea what I should say? I'd prefer not to get negative feedback. Thanks!

Yeah you can get DC on media mail. Now DC (especially electronic DC) isn't really tracking and often doesn't show a packages current location in transit, but it will show when it's delivered.

How far away from you was it sent? Media Mail is very slow and it could take this long although it's getting to the point that it should have arrived by now unless there was some problem with the package. (Lost, misdirected, etc.)

If it doesn't get to him and you don't have DC showing delivered I assume Half will refund him and debit you the money. If he does file with Half I'd respond that you shipped it Media Mail and would like to give the USPS more time to deliver the package.

bread's done
Back