Problem with ebay sale. adcive?

TiKi2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I hardly sell anything online. I saw how much wii sports was going for so I decided to sell my copy. The game played great without a problem and had basically no scratches . Shipped out to buyer , now all of a sudden he tells me the game is too scratched up and doesn't play, which is total bullshit cause I played it. BTW he already sent me positive feedback before his email claiming the game doesn't work. What should I do?

Ask for him to send it back as proof if you wish, don't refund crap until you get it. If it looks destroyed, then don't refund anything and send it back. Or you can say ALL SALES FINAL and tell him to take it up with the post office since it obviously happened while it was being delivered.

[quote name='NismoZZzz']Ask for him to send it back as proof if you wish, don't refund crap until you get it. If it looks destroyed, then don't refund anything and send it back. Or you can say ALL SALES FINAL and tell him to take it up with the post office since it obviously happened while it was being delivered.[/QUOTE]

I had a feeling I might have a problem . He registered his account a day before my auction was up.

I've had buyers make accounts to buy my items, but none gave me too much hassle. You can do nothing and let it be or just ask for him to send it back since you can probably sell it again if it is fine.

Tell him to take a picture of the underside of the disc. If he refuses then you know that he's probably lying. Tell him to clean his system's lens while he's at it.

[quote name='Slackerchan']Tell him to take a picture of the underside of the disc. If he refuses then you know that he's probably lying. Tell him to clean his system's lens while he's at it.[/QUOTE]

This is the message I got form him. "I tryed using the Wii Sports game on my Wii, but since it was the disc was scratched, it wouldn´t read. To what address should the return be made?" I'll ask him to take a picture. Be he could be trying the old switcharoo who knows. Or he could be telling the truth.

hes making shit up. he probably has a copy scratched up as hell and wants to exchange it with yours. so tough luck for him, but let ebay know. btw did you stated that your copy had no scratches and in great condition in your auction? he did left a positive feedback. which means he either changed his mind and wants his money back or hes just an idiot trying to get lucky.

Sounds fishy. If you are positive that your item was in good condition, then you need to let him know that's the case. The buyer already left positive feedback, meaning that the item was as noted in the auction and working. It that wasn't the case, then why did he leave the positive feedback? I'm pretty sure this person just wants to pawn off some crummy scratched disk on you. Don't let him! But this is assuming you are being truthful in your depiction of the events.

I bet he is trying to switch out his scratched copy with your good copy. What did you ship it in? The cardboard case it comes in or a jewel case?

Thanks for the replies guys. A bit of an update . It seems buyer sent me the game back the same day he sent the email. I never had a chance to speak with him. Here are the dates of the events.

5-29 auction ended on ebay buyer pays
5-30 I ship out game
6-3 Buyer receives game and leaves me positive feedback
6-4 Buyer emails me saying disc is scratched asking where to ship it back to
6-4 I emailed back the buyer
6-4 apparently this guy shipped it back without consulting with me.
6-6 I receive game back and it has yet to be opened.

He has yet to contact me again via email. I don't know what I should do. any advice?

Your options are going to be limited based on your text in the auction. Did you offer a return policy? Was the item described as scratched, etc.

At this point I would refund the guy the purchase price less shipping and fees AFTER he has started an agreement to not complete the sale with ebay. Once that has gone through, then you'll only be out your time and you can relist the game (assuming that he didn't send you a bad copy).

I would open it up and see what condition it is really in. If its not like it was when you sent it don't refund the guy and take it up with ebay. If it is fine and it was probably just the guys Wii refund him minus shipping/fees and relist it.

[quote name='thelonepig']Your options are going to be limited based on your text in the auction. Did you offer a return policy? Was the item described as scratched, etc.

At this point I would refund the guy the purchase price less shipping and fees AFTER he has started an agreement to not complete the sale with ebay. Once that has gone through, then you'll only be out your time and you can relist the game (assuming that he didn't send you a bad copy).[/QUOTE]

Here is what I put "The disc is in good condition and works perfectly on the Wii." . I did not offer a return policy.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']I would open it up and see what condition it is really in. If its not like it was when you sent it don't refund the guy and take it up with ebay. If it is fine and it was probably just the guys Wii refund him minus shipping/fees and relist it.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll open it up and take a look.

[quote name='TiKi2'] I did not offer a return policy.[/QUOTE]

That is worth a hill of beans if you accepted paymant via PayPal and the buyer knows his rights.

If he sent back your game in the condition you sent it I recommend you refund him in full. Did he use delivery confirmation on the returned package?

[quote name='CGH']That is worth a hill of beans if you accepted paymant via PayPal and the buyer knows his rights.

If he sent back your game in the condition you sent it I recommend you refund him in full. Did he use delivery confirmation on the returned package?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember the exact condition i sent the game I am going to play it in a bit and see if it still works. he did use confirmation.

[quote name='CGH']That is worth a hill of beans if you accepted paymant via PayPal and the buyer knows his rights.[/quote]

Not necessarily, though the only real way to avoid losing a 'not as described' dispute is simply not to write anything in the auction.

[quote name='TiKi2']I don't remember the exact condition i sent the game I am going to play it in a bit and see if it still works. he did use confirmation.[/quote]

If the game I mailed was "scratch free"
and the game I got was scratched
and the buyer failed to use delivery confirmation

I'd refuse the refund. I'd keep the game and laugh at the *scam artist* who tried to trade-off his scratched game & keep my mint condition game.

bread's done
Back