Problem with MY video card

jam3582

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
OK Im wondering for any hardcore pc people , it seems for some odd reason that my video cards fan has stopped from functioning . I really have no clue why . but heres my question what are my options , how could it have happened how can I prevent it . I have called asus customer support but the dude gave me a number to call a replacement center or something like that and they are closed .I cant play games anymore cause the damn thing over heats ( sorry guild wars :cry: ).Oh by the way my video card is the radeon x800 xt PE if that helps.

[quote name='Moxio']Nice card.

Overheats? Have you been overclocking?[/QUOTE]
I think he means it overheats because his video card's fan stopped functioning.

[quote name='jam3582']how could it have happened how can I prevent it .[/QUOTE]
As far as I know the fans sometime just die for no good reason after a long period of use. Was it extremely dusty? If you've bought the video card recently and it has some sort of warranty, you should be able to get it replaced.

[quote name='Moxio']Nice card.

Overheats? Have you been overclocking?[/QUOTE]

thanks , its the fan it just stoped on me for no reason dunno why and how I could fix it so right now im not even using my pc because of my fear that i might damage the card. im on my girlfriends mac very annoying.

[quote name='jacobv']I think he means it overheats because his video card's fan stopped functioning.

As far as I know the fans sometime just die for no good reason after a long period of use. Was it extremely dusty? If you've bought the video card recently and it has some sort of warranty, you should be able to get it replaced.[/QUOTE]

damn it was kinda dusty when I went to clean it . that sucks they just die for nothing well I got this card back in december gonna check out the website to see if my warranty is still good . I really wanna go play guild wars I was having alot of fun too. Any other suggestions anyone ?

EDIT: I just found out my card is covered for 3 years wooo hooo thank you ASUS . im still open for suggestions.

Did you consider about replacing that fan with those top of the line 3rd party video card fans? Something like this or this could do better cooling than stock fans.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Did you consider about replacing that fan with those top of the line 3rd party video card fans? Something like this or this could do better cooling than stock fans.[/QUOTE]

ahhh my savior thats what I was lookin for I was wondering if I could use that now is this safe to change i mean i can change my cpu motherboard and othe pc components but I have no idea how I would go about changing this . ANy one with experience ?

also SOStrooper which do u think is better for the job ?

I think the hardest part is to pull your stock fan out. Clamping the new one in should be a cake like a regular CPU fan. There might be articles out there that shows you how to extract the stock fan without damaging the GPU and other components.

I would get the 2nd one, unless you have lots of room in your PC to fit that big hunk of godzilla fan. I never read reviews about them (you can look for those on google), but both should do the job better than the stock fans, in terms of cooling. But noise level is expected to elevate.

alright I went ahead and got the zalman fan from the looks of it it has gotten really good reviews . Installation looked pretty simple right on zalmans website they have a flash video playing showing how to install . Thanks again SOStrooper much appreciated :applause:.

bread's done
Back