Problem with Wii Bowling?

Plinko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Anybody else having the problem of the ball ALWAYS going to the left? I've tried everything--aiming to the right, swinging my arm all the way to the right, etc., and the ball still goes to the left. Any suggestions?

It's how your hand ends up. Just swing as you normally do, and pay attention to how your hand is turned at the end of your swing. Usually you'll find that the remote is tilted to the left. I managed to straight mine out so it usually goes straight, or even a little bit to the right which looks odd, while my fiancee pretty much has the same problem as you.

If you can't fix it, you can compensate by using the D-pad to either move or change your throwing direction to the right.

Yeah i had that problem at the beginning until I really started concentrating on my hand. If it is tilted or turned i guess in the slightest you get spin on the ball.

i curve it too.
it's the way i hold it in my hand.

i just move to the right to compensate.

do the bowling training. that might help you out.

Yep, I have a natural left curve as well, but as you all have said, it is just a testament to how well the Wiimote's accelerometers work. If I try to correct mine, I totally screw up so as Botticus said, I just compensate by aiming way to the right. I got three strikes in a row last night doing that.

I REALLY wish Wii Sports was online.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Is it possible that having the sensor bar not centered relative to the tv would do something like that?[/quote]I'm not positive, but I don't think bowling uses the sensor bar, I think it's all accelerometers.

I just learned to compensate for it by rotating my hand to the right a bit just before the end of my release.

I pulled off a 170 game after figuring that out... after getting 106-108 for my first two.

[quote name='lebowsky']
I REALLY wish Wii Sports was online.[/quote]

i was just thinking about that.
that would be awesome.

maybe down the road..

When I bowl, I try to get it to curve left, gets a better shot at the pins.

Just try to start by aiming right a little, that should get it to get a good start at the two side pins

what's everyone's highest score?

i scored a 255 last night with 8 strikes in a row.

and when you get Pro in bowling, you get a ball with stars on it.

[quote name='botticus']I'm not positive, but I don't think bowling uses the sensor bar, I think it's all accelerometers.[/quote]

Yeah, you're right. None of the actual gameplay in Wii Sports uses the sensor bar. You only use it when you are in the menus.

[quote name='Plinko']Anybody else having the problem of the ball ALWAYS going to the left? I've tried everything--aiming to the right, swinging my arm all the way to the right, etc., and the ball still goes to the left. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Thank GOD it's not just me! haha. My friend also has this problem.

[quote name='lebowsky']

I REALLY wish Wii Sports was online.[/QUOTE]

I can see nintendo doing a clubhouse games, type of game for wii, with online play.:drool:

Yeah. Mine always end up to the left, but it's because of how my wrist turns. I do that in real life all the time. I remember people always trying to help me not twist my wrist, but I just couldn't do it.

[quote name='Plinko']Anybody else having the problem of the ball ALWAYS going to the left? I've tried everything--aiming to the right, swinging my arm all the way to the right, etc., and the ball still goes to the left. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm a lefty, so ... no.

I always curve to the right, dammit.

[quote name='trq']Well, I'm a lefty, so ... no.

I always curve to the right, dammit.[/quote]

I was just about to post this. I'm always curving it to the right!

This, to me, was a testament to the awesomeness of the Wiimote. I bowled in a league for a couple years in HS and college, and a few times casually since then. The ball in the game rolls for me JUST LIKE IT DOES IN REAL LIFE; that being slightly right of center with a teeny tiny curve back to the left.

My wife has that serious curve to the left that you're talking about. She compensates by moving to the left, than angling toward the right side of the lane. She gets some great throws that way. Much more power than throwing straight.

Yeah...even when I tried twisting my wrist to go right, it still went left...
I only played one game though; I'll have to try again, but it is hard to ignore Zelda...

It's sort of weird, though...other people say it is the same thing they do in real life, but I definitely don't get any spin when I bowl...

at first I was getting tons of gutter balls, but I figured out that my arm was not going high enough. Once I corrected that, I was getting strikes and spares. it really does work alot like real life, although I'm better at wii bowling....

it's alot of fun :)

bread's done
Back