Problems Streaming "The Interview" via Xbox Video

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Here's my situation...

I'm at my parents house. A year or two ago I gave them a spare 250GB S Xbox 360. I booted it up today, for the first time in awhile and did the mandatory updates. I then logged into my profile and purchased a 24 hours rental of "The Interview" for $5.99

I got a confirmation e-mail from MS as long as a billing notification from my CC company.

The movie won't play. It shows up under my purchases but when I click the "play" icon I just get a gray screen.

How is this fixed? First time I've made a video purchase directly through Xbox Video

If I let the screen sit gray long enough the following error message appears:

Media Usage Rights Playback Error:

The license for this video has expired. To play it, rent it again at the Xbox Video Store.

Status code: 803c0009

Of course the solution for this error code on the Xbox forums is to pay to rent the movie again.

It has literally been less then thirty minutes since I made and got confirmation of the purchase. 

Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

google search only gives me this solution:

I believe if you refresh your purchase history in the app, it will fix it.  

Open the Xbox Video app > Go to My Videos > Select Account Management > Press the X button.  Give it a few minutes to run, then try playing your rented movie again.

google search only gives me this solution:

I believe if you refresh your purchase history in the app, it will fix it.

Open the Xbox Video app > Go to My Videos > Select Account Management > Press the X button. Give it a few minutes to run, then try playing your rented movie again.
Yeah the video is already showing up in our purchase history.

Well after letting the screen hang for about 10 minutes it looks like it started playing.

Thanks everyone

bread's done
Back