problems with God of War

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewhsh2002

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
i'm not sure if i should post this here or not ...... sry if i'm not suppose to post these kinds of stuff here......
anyways.... i bought a copy of God of War at my local BlockBuster using the trade 2 get a game for $30...... when i came home.... the game didn't work! so i went back and exchanged it for another copy of God of War..... and it still doesn't work! the funny thing is.... all my other games work so i'm guessing that my PS2 isn't broken but than to think that both new games i got were broken is weird too......
so.... is there some sort of new technology used in God of War or something?
my PS2 is model SCPH-30001 R..... which is kind of old..... anyone else having problems with God of War? mine keeps saying Disc reading error..... while other games work fine..... and other new games like Timesplitters 3 work fine too..... someone help me!

I also heard that some PS2 have trouble reading the dual layered dvd disc like God of War because the PS2's laser or lense is too dirty. If your PS2's warranty has ended already you could try open your PS2 up and clean the laser or len yourself if you know what you are doing (but this will void your warranty if you still have it). Also you could try to place your PS2 vertically, someone said this reduce the dust inside your ps2. I have not tried any of these techniques but these are some of the info I gathered so it might be helpful.

[quote name='DenisDFat']Problem #1 - the game sucks[/QUOTE]

So does your avatar, but no one seems to be bitching about that.

Oh, I kid, I kid. But seriously, stop trolling.

On a more on topic note, the kid suggesting opening it up has the right idea imo, although if you still have a warranty, i'd contact sony about it.

I know it does. that's pretty much the point. To show how much Ocarina of Time sucked and screwed eveything up.

[quote name='BIG5']The disc is dual-layered, and older PS2s can't read them.[/QUOTE]

That's not true, I own the first model launch batch of PS2 and I'm playing God of War just fine on it. If you're getting disc read error messages on the game you should clean the lens with an alcohol soaked q-tip, it worked for me.

[quote name='russtophiles']That's not true, I own the first model launch batch of PS2 and I'm playing God of War just fine on it. If you're getting disc read error messages on the game you should clean the lens with an alcohol soaked q-tip, it worked for me.[/QUOTE]

Thats diff... you modified it.

[quote name='DenisDFat']Problem #1 - the game sucks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the avatar does suck.. and it's too big...

Plus, you stating that one of the best PS2 games ever sucks makes every future post you make be ignored.

Don't even bother responding to him. Granted, I'm commentating on him, but I'm not going to bother directly talking to him as all you'll ever read from him is something designed to solely get a rise. His whole reason for existence on these boards is to make inflammatory statements so people bitch at him. Although this is an assumption, I doubt he even believes in most every thing he says. Rather, he gets off on how angry people become when he says certain things.

[quote name='help1']Thats diff... you modified it.[/QUOTE]

I opened the case to reach the lens with a q-tip, other than than I haven't made any modification of any sort to my console. Very common method of lens cleaning for discs that won't read. I guess you could try one of those lens cleaning discs too.....I don't trust those myself.

[quote name='doodle777_98']Yeah, he usually responds with some high school banter. "Your mom this", "your mom that". No one pays attention.[/QUOTE]
Why hasnt he been B7 yet? His 1300 posts are a complete waste of space.

I have the same miodel ps2 as you and mind works perfect with that game, does not even go to the browser screen cause its so fast :)

mine seems to have some kind of tracking problem - occasionally a line will run up the screen - somewhat like a wave. But I assume that from outside interference and not the disc or my PS2 =)
I didn't know about the whole double layered thing though - interesting =)

[quote name='doodle777_98']Yeah, he usually responds with some high school banter. "Your mom this", "your mom that". No one pays attention.[/QUOTE]
That's what she said.

OOOOOH!

[quote name='DenisDFat']Your mom's the same stuff over and over.[/QUOTE]

ha, sounds like something i'd say. If i were Chuck Norris i would be giving a thumbs up right now.

[quote name='heffaji']Don't even bother responding to him. Granted, I'm commentating on him, but I'm not going to bother directly talking to him as all you'll ever read from him is something designed to solely get a rise. His whole reason for existence on these boards is to make inflammatory statements so people bitch at him. Although this is an assumption, I doubt he even believes in most every thing he says. Rather, he gets off on how angry people become when he says certain things.[/QUOTE]

BINGO, we have a winner!!!11!!!1

I just enjoy fucking around with him, it's like throwing rocks a retarded, three legged dog, only it's not inhumane, just hilarious :lol:

[quote name='joevan']mine seems to have some kind of tracking problem - occasionally a line will run up the screen - somewhat like a wave. But I assume that from outside interference and not the disc or my PS2 =)[/QUOTE]

This is a known issue with GoW. It suffers from screen tearing.

Also, the guy who claims older (or any) PS2 systems do not work with dual-layer discs is mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back