Problems with OPM demo disc!

Sgt. Baker

CAGiversary!
So, I picked up the November issue of OPM today because of the GH2 demo on the disc. It won't play on my PS2. Regular games play fine. So, I dropped the disc in my PC to see what came up, and yep, it reads. Anyone know what the problem is? Or am I just screwed?

[quote name='Sgt. Baker']So, I picked up the November issue of OPM today because of the GH2 demo on the disc. It won't play on my PS2. Regular games play fine. So, I dropped the disc in my PC to see what came up, and yep, it reads. Anyone know what the problem is? Or am I just screwed?[/QUOTE]

What happens when you try to play the disc? The first time I put it in (this morning) I had my SG controller plugged in and the demo locked up at the main screen. I powered it down and then plugged in my regular Logitech controller and it worked fine. Once I started the GH2 demo, I just swapped controllers.

I've had a LOT of problems with Sony demo discs in the past. A lot of them lock up on me. I have a launch PS2 BTW.

[quote name='lebowsky']What happens when you try to play the disc? The first time I put it in (this morning) I had my SG controller plugged in and the demo locked up at the main screen. I powered it down and then plugged in my regular Logitech controller and it worked fine. Once I started the GH2 demo, I just swapped controllers.

I've had a LOT of problems with Sony demo discs in the past. A lot of them lock up on me. I have a launch PS2 BTW.[/quote]Basically it keeps going, but ultra skippy. I just notcied that. If I leave it on, it goes very slowly. e-e-e-e-e-e-e-f-f-f-f-f-f-o-o-o--r-r-r-r-r-r-r---e-e-v--e-r-y-one------

[quote name='Sgt. Baker']Basically it keeps going, but ultra skippy. I just notcied that. If I leave it on, it goes very slowly. e-e-e-e-e-e-e-f-f-f-f-f-f-o-o-o--r-r-r-r-r-r-r---e-e-v--e-r-y-one------[/QUOTE]

Is the disc all scratched to hell?

[quote name='lebowsky']Is the disc all scratched to hell?[/quote]Not at all. But just to make sure, I did a good old fashioned cleaing with some Windex, but that didn't seem to work.

Sounds like it wasn't manufactured properly, either that or your PS2 needs cleaned. If it's the disc, since you bought the news stand edition, look in the magazine on the demos page, it'll mention what to do(mail the demo w/ receipt to the address). If you were a subscriber, it'd be easier cause all you've got to do is call CS and they'd send another disc.

Aight, so, here's what happened. I called OPM, and they said they would send me a new copy. So, cool. However, 3 to 4 weeks. BAH! By then, the games out. So, I just went down to the grocery store where I bought it, and picked up a new mag. Hopefully, that will help. But it shall have to wait until I get home from work.

Same thing happened to me, but for some reason I tried it today, and it worked perfectly. I played a few games of Guitar Hero II, and eventually the demo went back to the main menu. I picked something else, and I got a black screen. It's now dead again.

bread's done
Back