Problems with the DS lite

dcfox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was wondering if anyone was having the same problems as I am. Occasionally the lite would freeze in the middle of the start up screen. Also every so often the lite won't recognize that there is a ds game in the slot. I had the same problems with my DS phat so I passed it off as normal but thought I'd check with everyone else. Thanks.

Nope, only thing wrong with my DS is on that NSMB minigame where you have to blow into the microphone, my Yoshi goes nowhere, so I guess my mic is busted :(

[quote name='Negator']Nope, only thing wrong with my DS is on that NSMB minigame where you have to blow into the microphone, my Yoshi goes nowhere, so I guess my mic is busted :([/quote]
That sucks. Have you tried to use the mic in other games? I thought my mic was broken on my DS phat because it would never pick up my voice in Phoenix Wright but outside of that game I've never had a problem with mic.

never had those problems. mine only freezes when you take a game out while it's on.

Mine only didn't reconize a game while it was in just once. Thought it was weird, I restarted it and it worked. Never had that problem again though.

[quote name='lilboo']Mine only didn't reconize a game while it was in just once. Thought it was weird, I restarted it and it worked. Never had that problem again though.[/quote]

Same here. My guess is that one time the game card wasn't aligned in the slot properly.

-HM

My mic on fat ds won't work with PW , or brain age(at all, not just blue) but it works with princess peach and nintendogs..

[quote name='Hollow Man']Same here. My guess is that one time the game card wasn't aligned in the slot properly.

-HM[/quote]
But to have it happen several times is kind of weird, unless I just happen to suck at putting the game in the ds. Plus I'm afraid that if it is a mechanical problem, it might be one that could worsen over time. I'd rather have it fixed now while it's still under warranty. Thanks for the input guys.

And I guess no one has had the freezing problem?

I agree with you - I think you should get it looked at. I've owned a Lite since the day it came out and have only had the problem where it didn't read the game card once. Recurring problems of that sort are a symptom of something being broken.

And yeah, that freezing of the start screen has never happened to me.

-HM

[quote name='Negator']Nope, only thing wrong with my DS is on that NSMB minigame where you have to blow into the microphone, my Yoshi goes nowhere, so I guess my mic is busted :([/QUOTE]

You're too close to the mic and blowing way too hard. Try holding the DS about 2-ish feet away and blow into it as if you're blowing bubbles.

Three of my friends who got DS Lites all thought their mics were broken because of this exact same minigame - until I showed them how to work it. :)

[quote name='UncleBob']You're too close to the mic and blowing way too hard. Try holding the DS about 2-ish feet away and blow into it as if you're blowing bubbles.

Three of my friends who got DS Lites all thought their mics were broken because of this exact same minigame - until I showed them how to work it. :)[/quote]
HAHAHA! It worked, and I feel like such a dumbass now! Thanks for that!

I have the same problems. Since launch of the lite, I've had 4 card read errors (doesn't recognize the card) and 2 start-up screen freezes. It doesnt really bother me much since it rarely occurs.

Mine has frozen a few times when connecting or messing with wifi crap, and once when playing NSMB when i paused and closed it mario kept repeatedly saying "its me mario, bye bye" like over and over and over. Other than that no problems.

bread's done
Back