Production of Glossy Xbox 360 S Ends

The Ebbtide

CAGiversary!
On Major Nelson's blog he's revealed that the production of the glossy 250 GB Xbox 360 is ending, and will now just be a matte black finish for both the 4GB and the 250GB.

While noting that both the Gears of War 3 console and the Star Wars console will be glossy, this is due to them being limited editions. Apparently, stores are stating that glossy 250GB systems will be around long enough for the holidays, but Larry Hryb says that it probably won't be the case.

Just alerting people who prefer gloss over matte.

I'm considering finally upgrading to a slim....don't know if I have a preference on glossy vs. matte. I think I just need to wait until the fall to see what kind of black friday deals or the usual fall game-bundle.

mine used to be glossy. now its covered in dust.. and i can see lots of scratches on it.. dont know where the scratches came from though

[quote name='Strell']Will there be any way to identify a gloss vs matte finish? UPC or something? I think I'd prefer matte.[/QUOTE]

the box picture.

happy they chose to change it to matte.

:applause:

holiday bundles aren't announced until october/november

I just hope that the "elite" model will still come with the slick chrome to differentiate it. Now that I think about it, I might like a snazzy chrome and matte model with a couple of bundle games this fall.

The glossy finish got scratched on mine when I tried cleaning it. It pissed me off. I would have bought the 4 gigger instead of the 250 if I had know it would scratch that easy. This is a good move.

Hopefully, when the non-glossy HDD-equipped Slim comes out, it'll get the drive upgrade to 320GB that the GeOW3 and Star Wars consoles are getting.

I would have preferred they release a white slim console, but I am glad I will be able to pick up a matte black 250GB without having to buy a 4GB and than an additional HD.

My arcade unit right now has the 512MB internal memory and since I added a hard disk it sees 2 storage devices now so pretty much every time I boot a game it asks which storage device I want to play from- it's really annoying. And ever since my Arcade unit RROD'd I refuse to put anything on the internal storage since it dies with the console.

I always hated the glossy finish of my slim. Huge finger print magnet and, like others mentioned, picks up a ton of faint scratches for whatever reason. Matte will be nice if I decide to pick up a backup 360.

[quote name='Ruahrc']
My arcade unit right now has the 512MB internal memory and since I added a hard disk it sees 2 storage devices now so pretty much every time I boot a game it asks which storage device I want to play from- it's really annoying. [/QUOTE]

Games ask me which storage device to use also even though I only have the 250 gig HD.

[quote name='shrike4242']Hopefully, when the non-glossy HDD-equipped Slim comes out, it'll get the drive upgrade to 320GB that the GeOW3 and Star Wars consoles are getting.[/QUOTE]

it'll be coming out in a few weeks, probably around september. if the drive were to be upgraded, he would have announced it. and the 320gb wont be in regular slims till after the holiday season because they want to push the gears/r2 as being special(they did the same with mw2)

[quote name='giantqtipz']mine used to be glossy. now its covered in dust.. and i can see lots of scratches on it.. dont know where the scratches came from though[/QUOTE]

Same here. Glossy looks better in pictures, but in real life all it does is collect dust. I have to wipe down my tv, monitor and 360 every other day to keep it dust free. I wish I had a matte finish on mine.

[quote name='Antipodes']I always hated the glossy finish of my slim. Huge finger print magnet and, like others mentioned, picks up a ton of faint scratches for whatever reason. Matte will be nice if I decide to pick up a backup 360.

Games ask me which storage device to use also even though I only have the 250 gig HD.[/QUOTE]

Some games are programmed to do this. But many if they only see one storage device will auto load / save without asking. I really hate that. I dont put anything on console storage.

I am waiting for the holiday bundle this year, at the very least we should be getting some retailer free gift card offers if we don't get a bundle, but I highly doubt we won't be getting a bundle of some sort this year.

bread's done
Back