Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - out now!

62t

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
professor-layton-and-the-unwound-future-screenshot.jpg

Some people already got this at Target. Hopefully this will be as good as the first 2 Layton games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rather excited about this title, and I'm glad someone started a thread about it!

I've only just started the second game in the series, but I've had Unwound Future on preorder ever since I finished the very first game.

I'd love to hear some thoughts from those who got this game early. Hopefully with spoilers properly tagged and hidden.

I love these games so much. I suck at the puzzles though, I have printed out the answers to the story puzzles for the first two game. lol...

I only have the first game (Close to finishing it though...). Is the 2nd and 3rd worth it? I don't care if the puzzles are hard... They are usually fun to complete :)

Well this snuck up on me, bad timing with Reach.

Got it though, will likely try to do 5-10 puzzles a night while I lay down getting ready to sleep.

[quote name='ThatAwesome1']I only have the first game (Close to finishing it though...). Is the 2nd and 3rd worth it? I don't care if the puzzles are hard... They are usually fun to complete :)[/QUOTE]
This is the third and they are all worth it.:D

Too many freakin' hint coins. Are they really trying to make easier for us players or will there be some ridiculously hard puzzles, harder than those princess ones from #1.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Too many freakin' hint coins. Are they really trying to make easier for us players or will there be some ridiculously hard puzzles, harder than those princess ones from #1.[/QUOTE]Honestly the only difficult Princess in the box one was the final puzzle. Now THAT was ridiculous.

just wondering if there's any word on if these would come out for the iphone. i don't have a ds anymore so i can't play these.

I highly doubt it...

I'm about 1/3 of the way. I'm liking the puzzles much more than the second game, which I thought were horrid (the three men and a heart puzzle in 3 is like many of the puzzles in 2). But the first is still best. The story to me is not as good so far as the first two though.

I've become randomly interested in these Professor Layton games. Always had some interest when I see the titles and art direction, but never bothered to pick one up. Would you recommend one start with the first game, from the beginning? Or is it not necessary to play all 3 and/or play them in order? Is there some kind of tie-in story-wise over the three games?

The more recent 2 of the three are part of Amazon's B2G1F deal thus I thought it might be a good opportunity to pick one/more of these titles up.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']I've become randomly interested in these Professor Layton games. Always had some interest when I see the titles and art direction, but never bothered to pick one up. Would you recommend one start with the first game, from the beginning? Or is it not necessary to play all 3 and/or play them in order? Is there some kind of tie-in story-wise over the three games?

The more recent 2 of the three are part of Amazon's B2G1F deal thus I thought it might be a good opportunity to pick one/more of these titles up.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

There is a tie in, but they do a decent job of recapping. There are also extra puzzles that are password locked in between the games. I say, go for the two that are available and if you like them, back track and get the original.

You don't really need to play them in order. The stories are independent, and not knowing who Fiona is is not going to make the games less fun. The stories take a backstage to the puzzles that it ultimately is.

I went down to best buy today and picked up all 3. I only intended to pick up 2 because I thought they did not have Curious Village in stock. I even brought my recently purchased copy of Fable III CE in to use as part of the B2G1F but I saw that they had all 3 in stock so I just picked them up.

Ruahrc

Well I finished the first Layton game this past weekend. I liked it- the story was good even though
I saw right through it and figured out they were all robots long before the big reveal
. The puzzles were challenging but never really cheap, with the exception of some of the weekly download ones where there could legitimately be multiple answers. Definitely for me though most of them were the "either you see it immediately or you don't and will need to use the hints" type. I'll admit I looked up the answers to a few.

Ruahrc

PS what is the point of the picrats? Is it just to be able to compare your score with others once you've beaten the game? Or is there some kind of unlock for finishing above a certain score? I think I earned within a couple hundred picrats of the "perfect" score but did not see any unlock/reward.

[quote name='Ruahrc']PS what is the point of the picrats? Is it just to be able to compare your score with others once you've beaten the game? Or is there some kind of unlock for finishing above a certain score? I think I earned within a couple hundred picrats of the "perfect" score but did not see any unlock/reward.[/QUOTE]

You need a certain score to advance the story. Otherwise, no real use.

This one still isn't nearly as good as the first. I like the freedom of movement restored (which was missing for half or more of the 2nd game), but what's with all the pointless backtracking? You're right at the tower, for example, but you can't go in and the guy says to go somewhere else... then when you get there, a different person says you just missed him and you need to go back to the tower. And I miss the plethora of hidden puzzles that the first one had. This is certainly better than the 2nd one, but the developers have not been able to re-capture the magic of the first game.

bread's done
Back