Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney $29.99 Amazon Pre-order

$31.99 started at Gamestop.  Everyone knows that Nintendo never charges such a strange MSRP and Gamestop always charges too much.

Can't choose my local BB for pickup, wonder if it's too early. Haven't had that issue with any other pre-orders, though. Guess I'll wait until closer to release. 

Worst case is it gets to be about a week before release and I order for shipping then.

:eek: When you get great deals on Amazon, you enter the AmaZONE. AHAHAHA. That's my own joke! I just made it. Right now I am the most proud of myself than I've ever been in the last decade. This is the greatest achievement I've ever attained.. ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
This gets a physical release but Dual Destinies doesn't? Will not buy until Capcom does what is wright.
The thing is Nintendo has a hand in the Level 5 pool and they publish Layton stuff physical, so even this spin off gets a physical release. Capcom doesn't care enough for physical with Dual Destinies /Ace Attourney trilogy and that's their choice and the reason I haven't bought Dual Destinies yet.

This also why Fantasy Life is getting a physical release since it's Nintendo publishing it.

Updated on BestBuy.com as well now for $29.99. Add GCU ontop of that and not too bad a deal at all.
I knew it. I just knew that that would be the MSRP and Gamestop was just being their typical money-grubbing selves.

Looks like I'm cancelling my Amazon preorder.

The thing is Nintendo has a hand in the Level 5 pool and they publish Layton stuff physical, so even this spin off gets a physical release. Capcom doesn't care enough for physical with Dual Destinies /Ace Attourney trilogy and that's their choice and the reason I haven't bought Dual Destinies yet.

This also why Fantasy Life is getting a physical release since it's Nintendo publishing it.
After what Capcom did to me with Ducktales I can't trust them anymore. That was the last straw. The absolutely convinced me that a physical release wasn't coming because who the hell releases an empty box with a pin in it?

And I am the sucker who bought it. Only for a disc version to come out a couple months later or something.

Bastards.

Got a preorder in when it was 31.99. Hurry up with that Pre-order Price Guarantee, AMZN.
You should get the price change as it should record the lowest price before shipping. When they charge when it's shipping you should get the lowest price recorded between your order date and shipping date even if it's not reflected in your order price.

Got a preorder in when it was 31.99. Hurry up with that Pre-order Price Guarantee, AMZN.
Since you aren't charged for an Amazon preorder until it ships, you might consider just cancelling your original preorder and making a new one to save time.

I'm curious if it is in the store's preorder kiosk thing. If that's so then I can preorder it there instead of online and not have to deal with shipping. Best Buy's online preorder also puts a perpetual hold on your money, which is annoying, especially since the game is 2 months out.

Newegg has adjusted their price as well. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190420&cm_re=ace_attorny-_-78-190-420-_-Product

I'll stick with my preorder here, as there is no tax for me, and free shipping doesn't have any minimum amount requirement. Since Amazon has raised their free shipping from 25 to 35 minimum spent, I haven't bought nearly as much as I did last year from them. They also started charging tax as well, so now, there is "NOTHING" they do that makes them better than any other retailer for me, so they have now lost tons of my business.

bread's done
Back