Progressive Scan doesn't work anymore (PS2 games on PS3)

LFLFM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hi people!
I have a 60gb PS3 and I used to play God of War 1 with progressive scan turned on (which made the graphics a little less ugly to look at)... this was quite a while ago. But recently I bought God of War 2 and when I turned progressive scan on, the screen went black for a while then returned to a non-progressive scan mode.
This would indicate that my tv doesnt support it, but my ps3 is hooked via hdmi to a full HD tv: the same used with God of War 1 before.
Tried to turn it on a few times, always the same result.. so I thought, let me try GoW 1 again... SAME RESULT! I cant switch progressive scan on GoW 1 either now! Same TV, same everything!
I think it must be something wrong with some PS3 update since I played the first game... I always update via web when new updates are available.
What's funny is that when the game is switching back to non-ProgScan; I see ProgScan graphics for a second before it actually switches to non-progScan.
Anyone else having the same problem? Can anyone on latest update turn on prog-scan in ps2 games? Are there any PS3 settings that I can try?
Thanks in advance!

(btw, yes I'm playing damn old games in PS3... I wanted to play through the whole story of GoW before the third one comes out :p)

Progressive scan works fine for me in PS2 enabled games. 1080P Samsung TV over HDMI, 60GB PS3.

Which resolutions does your PS3 detect as being supported when you plug in the HDMI cable?

Mm... your setup seems to be the same as mine... Even the TV; mine's also a samsung 1080p (specifically 40" LCD full HD).
It detects all resolutions... including 480, 720 and 1080p.
This is really wierd :whistle2:(

MMm... yes, it was; so i turned it off and then i could turn progressive scan on... wierd; Im pretty sure i didnt change any settings before and i dont remember playing the game on a 4:3 square... i think i did use it with upscaling turned on.

I tried all 3 settings, off, normal and full screen... only with upscaling off I was able to enable prog-scan...?

bread's done
Back