Project Slypheed (looks to be awesome japanese shooter)

fathamburger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/821/821713/imgs_1.html

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/p/projectsylpheedxbox360

Its actually a sequel to Project Slipheed on the Sega CD from back in the day. Looks to be a fantastic Japanese themed space shooter, old school gameplay with next gen twist. Finally a shooter at retail and not just on XBLA! The 360 is not really starved for Japanese games, it's starved for good ones that really represent what people love about Japanese games. I think this will be one to do that. This comes out in the Summer and will come with 50 mins worth of SquareEnix CG goodness too and at only $40. I think this one will be a bargain from the getgo.

I'm very grateful that we're getting a real space shooter on the 360, but I'm kind of wary that it will just turn into a space opera. Fifty minutes of angsty emos screaching at each other?

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']I'm very grateful that we're getting a real space shooter on the 360, but I'm kind of wary that it will just turn into a space opera. Fifty minutes of angsty emos screaching at each other?[/QUOTE]

considering 90% of the screenshots are cutscenes with pics of the typical pretty boy anime guys with physics-defying hairdos...it looks like that may be the case.
I'll even spoil it for you:
The whole story will involve some mystical power and some evil guy or organization that wants to use it for evil. Everything will have a biblically related name, maybe mixed with some concepts from philosophy 101. The symbol of the holy cross will be used no less than 500 times. This gives fanboys the appearance of "depth." In the end, the space team kills the evil *insert biblical name here* and reverses the mana flow, thus saving the world.

This game is going to need a demo if it wants to make some relative success with the Xbox 360 community.

[quote name='Apossum']considering 90% of the screenshots are cutscenes with pics of the typical pretty boy anime guys with physics-defying hairdos...it looks like that may be the case.
I'll even spoil it for you:
The whole story will involve some mystical power and some evil guy or organization that wants to use it for evil. Everything will have a biblically related name, maybe mixed with some concepts from philosophy 101. The symbol of the holy cross will be used no less than 500 times. This gives fanboys the appearance of "depth." In the end, the space team kills the evil *insert biblical name here* and reverses the mana flow, thus saving the world.
[/quote]

HAHAHAH true, but instead of a j-rpg this will be in a space shooter. That's INNOVATION! To me this is Starfox with angsty emos. Mana in space!

bread's done
Back