Project X Zone $34.99?

i_am_error

CAGiversary!
just stopped into a gamestop in danbury, ct and noticed that the Project X Zone place holders in the 'coming soon' section all had $34.99 tags on them
employee confirmed that it will be $34.99 ... though website price is still $39.99

i didnt think to snap a pic... but im guessing all place holders are the same nationwide

Hmm haven't seen this price but since I already have a pre-order at Gamestop if it ends up being $34.99 at release sounds great to me!

The demo was recently put up on the eShop. I only had a few minutes to play it, but it seemed pretty fun.

I just got the PS2 emulator all setup on my new PC, so I can play the translation of Namco X Capcom now. So much crossover goodness! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
DeskLaser, on 05 Jun 2013 - 3:30 PM, said:I just paid off my preorder in store yesterday, and it was $39.99.
if this received an unannounced price cut today then youd get a $5 refund
i placed a preorder a while back and hope this cut is for real....

please, can anyone else confirm that they are seeing the same prices in their gamestops??

Would love if someone else could confirm this. Tried out the demo and loved it. The gameplay is a tad shallow and I wish there were more combos but overall I really enjoyed the gameplay. Also love the fact they put the .hack characters in it. 

I just got the PS2 emulator all setup on my new PC, so I can play the translation of Namco X Capcom now. So much crossover goodness! lol
Good luck with that. There's like 50 chapters. I'm only half way through and I started like 2 years ago cause it took me so long to complete a chapter (I may be doing something wrong...)

Good luck with that. There's like 50 chapters. I'm only half way through and I started like 2 years ago cause it took me so long to complete a chapter (I may be doing something wrong...)

How do you like it? I've not started yet, but I have seen some gameplay on youtube. It looks way, way different from Project X Zone. The idea is still really appealing, but the gameplay looks like a pretty generic TRPG.

there's no way the displays i saw were made for one store... bumping this in hopes someone popping into another gamestop will take the time to confirm

a bit off topic, but... im wondering if nintendo is cutting 3ds game prices across the board soon... granted older 1st party games are still 39.99 ... but the 2 newest releases, donkey kong country returns 3d and animal crossing, are both 34.99
add that fact to the displays i saw for project x zone and just maybe there's a pre-e3 hint at a new pricing structure... total speculation, but just maybe

@Zaku77

I like it. During battle phase, you control your character's attacks. You have a certain amount of time to perfrom attacks (I think it was like 13 attacks, there's a way to a link to make it a really good combo for lost of damage, but I never figured it. Which is why it takes me like 2.5-3 hours to complete a chapter)

There's alot of story and characters (good and bad) popping into battle. And when a character pops in, there's more story. And bad guys poping in usually bring like 10 minions with them.

I do enjoy playing it, but for me, I tend to complete one whole complete before I turn off. However, you can save mid battle so that's a good thing.

there's no way the displays i saw were made for one store... bumping this in hopes someone popping into another gamestop will take the time to confirm

a bit off topic, but... im wondering if nintendo is cutting 3ds game prices across the board soon... granted older 1st party games are still 39.99 ... but the 2 newest releases, donkey kong country returns 3d and animal crossing, are both 34.99
add that fact to the displays i saw for project x zone and just maybe there's a pre-e3 hint at a new pricing structure... total speculation, but just maybe
Then Atlus shits on nintendos pricing scheme with SMTIV, lol.

I bet it said $34.99 (after $5 deposit).
nope ... it was the same style price banners that were also printed on the donkey kong country returns 3d place holers ... red with white lettering $34.99, no small print or descriptors otherwise

and @stryderomega... yeah, shin megami will be $49.99, but that's from 3rd party publisher (atlus)... whereas project x zone, though published through namco/bandai is developed by monolith soft, which is nintendo 1st party ... so im still speculating that this could maybe portend to a future pricing strategy.

but fer real... i posted this on wed... noone else has noticed this at other gamestop locations?

I bet it said $34.99 (after $5 deposit).
nope ... it was the same style price banners that were also printed on the donkey kong country returns 3d place holers ... red with white lettering $34.99, no small print or descriptors otherwise
and @stryderomega... yeah, shin megami will be $49.99, but that's from 3rd party publisher (atlus)... whereas project x zone, though published through namco/bandai is developed by monolith soft, which is nintendo 1st party ... so im still speculating that this could maybe portend to a future pricing strategy.
but fer real... i posted this on wed... noone else has noticed this at other gamestop locations?
There is no preorder advertisements for 3ds games at the two game stops I frequent. Just Digital copy ads. ( which are confusing as shit since they use 3ds cases to advertise them).

The fact that its a limited edition copy makes it hard to beleive it will be $34.99 maybe it was for the digital copy or the stand alone copy OP. I really enjoyed the demo and looking forward to this game.

The fact that its a limited edition copy makes it hard to beleive it will be $34.99 maybe it was for the digital copy or the stand alone copy OP. I really enjoyed the demo and looking forward to this game.
That's what I have in mind. There's no way it's gonna be $34.99 for "limited edition"

this game is crap, btw. pre-order at your own risk.
I have JPN version and I like it a lot. I think it's personal opinion whether you like this game or not.

artbook, audio CD and other thing will keep me happy still :)

this game is crap, btw. pre-order at your own risk.
I've not tried the demo yet, so I don't have a horse in this race, but I could have sworn that the game was getting mostly praise from JRPG fans that have played it? Maybe it's just not your cup o' tea. That doesn't make it crap. Then again, maybe it is actually objectively crap. We will all find out pretty soon! lol

@Zaku77 I've heard an equal amount of praise and criticism for this game from those who've played the Japanese version. Someone had mentioned that the game was quickly relegated to the discount bin in some Japanese gaming stores. I personally enjoyed the demo but I'm going to wait and see what the reviews look like before I put any money down.

I went to gamestop and the employee told me its $35 when you put $5 down for pre order which still makes it $40 either way I pre ordered it because the game has gotten good reviews and the demo was good.

bread's done
Back