Project Zomboid!

testisbest

CAGiversary!
Project Zomboid

PZ_Survive.png

So I just bought this game yesterday and I think it deserves to be shared with all of you fine folks. Project Zomboid is a zombie survival RPG developed by indie developers, The Indie Stone.

Survival:
You’re trapped in a quarantined city with a million zombies. There is no escape. There is no cure. The end is coming, so get used to it.
Project Zomboid is about the choices you make, and how you choose to live your last days on Earth. As a hero who goes out in a moment of heroic self-sacrifice to save a defenseless family? Or a callous coward who saves his own skin and leaves his companions for dead?
It’s these choices, and the story you weave in your adventure. That is what Project Zomboid is all about. Not saving the world with some pie in the sky cure, or flying away in a helicopter where everything will probably be okay. This is the apocalypse.

Crafting:
Build and craft items to help you stay alive. From weapons, food or traps to a simple plank of wood nailed to a door. In Project Zomboid you will be able to craft hundreds of items.

Planned Features:
  • Retro-isometric style with plenty of zombie insides thrown in for good measure.

• A massive city and the surrounding areas to traverse, explore and loot.

• Open-ended sandbox world – survival is your only goal, and we’re sorry to tell you… you WILL die eventually.

• Get infected. How will you spend your final days? Will you have a heroic moment of self-sacrifice, or end up chewing your best friend’s throat out?

• Meet other survivors who you can join forces with, trade with, undertake missions for, or fight with for resources.

• Loot, salvage, and build what you need to survive the apocalypse, from food and medical supplies, to weapons, even just booze to help get you through the nights.

• Advanced item crafting allows you to use looted items to build weapons, traps, defenses, and many other things to help you survive.

• Character progression. Learn skills and perks to help your character face the challenges of survival.

• Starvation, illness, loneliness, depression, alcoholism, drug addiction, suicide, insanity, trust issues. There’s more to zombie survival than shooting zombie heads off.

• Join your friends and survive the apocalypse together in co-op multiplayer.

• The world changes the longer you survive; power plants fail, plunging the city into darkness and making batteries and tinned food prized commodities. The army rolls into the streets to perform ‘clean up operations’ and other gamechanging events occur the longer you survive.

The game is currently in its pre-alpha stage and the developers have promised regular updates.

Those of you who are interested can download the Pre-Alpha Tech Demo here.

You can visit the main website here.
Right now it's roughly $8 USD.

I didn't know zombies lost all their hair lol.

I'd be interested in the multiplayer but sadly I have to much going on to pick up another game, let alone one with RPG elements. I get to sucked up into those lol

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to multiplayer. And I'm honestly more excited by the game's potential than the current state of the game as it is now. (Not to say it isn't a ton of fun)
And each game doesn't tend to last too long. I think I died within like 8 minutes my first time through. But it is addicting!

Right now there is no save feature. It is supposed to be implemented within the next few updates though. So I'd guess a few weeks from now.

This seems very interesting. Kind of like Dead Island, but with the survival aspect more fleshed out.

I also like that it is an evolving game that takes feedback directly from users ala minecraft.

Downloaded the demo and will definitely check it out.

I ended up buying it yesterday. Demo and the paid version are really different. Saw a lot of NPC humans running around the first day fighting back just to die. That or I killed them to take their weapon ... bwhahaha.

[quote name='DeathDream']Played the demo. Is there any way to save? Or are you just expected to die within an hour every time?[/QUOTE]
Got something else to do? Pause game, hibernate PC! ;)

The one thing that killed it for me is no saving. That is just too much.... oh. I see that the post above me says saving incoming? I'll have to try the demo again if it gets that update.

Just played the demo and loved it. Bought the game because if this is becomes even 1/10 of what Minecraft became, then there will be much more than $8 worth of game play here.

So I'm bumping this thread since the PZ update that allows game saves has finally rolled in.
The developers have also added a ton of new features and seem to be pumping these updates out regularly.
This update is currently a work in progress with its share of bugs but its still a ton of fun.

Those of you who have already purchased this game can download the latest update under the announcements section of their forums: Here

For those that haven't bought the game yet, the tech demo is still available but has yet to be updated. But it at least gives you a taste of what the game is like.
I believe they said they'd be updating the tech demo after this update is officially completed.

Good Luck, Survivors!

I'll probably be picking this up soon to lock in the price. Love minecraft, love zombies more. Picked up Fort Zombie recently and the concept was good but that game is a bit rough around the edges.

bread's done
Back