Prototype 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition $39.99 (X-Box 360) Best Buy YMMV

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
WOW! I just got the email for a $25 coupon for the steelcase mixup at Best Buy and they are also going to send me the correct version of the steelcase for the 360 today. That was really nice of them to do.

The bigger news though was I went to my local Best Buy (Pinecrest, FL) to price match the CE price of Gamestop that dropped to $59.99 today. They did an in store price match, but their X-Box 360 Prototype 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition ringed up at $39.99 and they gave me back $40 credit instead of $20 that I was expecting.

There were no other copies on the floor to verify and I looked at my receipt and it does show their MSRP for the Prototype 360 CE at $39.99 today. I have no idea if it is MSRP now or a glitch due to the steelcase debacle as they also have their standard edition at $39.99. I don't see it at that price online so it may be YMMV or simply in store only???

Absolutely YMMV !
I tried today all variations at my local BB (ya the gaming salesman was cool) with and without steelbook, scaning steelbook first and last and all of this, but the PS3 version scanned at $79.99 with free steelbook and that it was the best coming out. I could not try XBOX 360 version since they were out of stock. So I think it is working in some stores and not in others.

[quote name='ivos']Absolutely YMMV !
I tried today all variations at my local BB (ya the gaming salesman was cool) with and without steelbook, scaning steelbook first and last and all of this, but the PS3 version scanned at $79.99 with free steelbook and that it was the best coming out. I could not try XBOX 360 version since they were out of stock. So I think it is working in some stores and not in others.[/QUOTE]Or it's restricted to the :360: version. :whistle2:k I didn't have time to check my BBY (which has the :360: CE in stock) to see if scanning the steelbook then the CE would work, but I'll try on Sunday.

[quote name='ivos']Absolutely YMMV !
I tried today all variations at my local BB (ya the gaming salesman was cool) with and without steelbook, scaning steelbook first and last and all of this, but the PS3 version scanned at $79.99 with free steelbook and that it was the best coming out. I could not try XBOX 360 version since they were out of stock. So I think it is working in some stores and not in others.[/QUOTE]
It must be just the Xbox CE then.

[quote name='style_unseen']It must be just the Xbox CE then.[/QUOTE]

This could be it. I also tried every possible variation I could think of with the PS3 CE today and the lowest it would go was the price-matched $60 Gamestop price. There seem to be a fair number of these at BBY, so I figure I might as well wait until they try to clear them out.

[quote name='style_unseen']It must be just the Xbox CE then.[/QUOTE]

Must be, coworker got it too. Had them scan the steel book first and it worked. No pricematch needed. We both went to Mt. Laurel, NJ store.

Couldn't find the steelbook for either x360 or ps3 at several local BBs. Anyone had to asked the employee to pull from the back?

[quote name='gundie']Couldn't find the steelbook for either x360 or ps3 at several local BBs. Anyone had to asked the employee to pull from the back?[/QUOTE]

Same here...none around me. There are some around 50 miles away, but cost of the gas used to get there would outweigh the money saved by getting this deal. Oh well, Thanks for posting OP!

Hey guys, the one I bought was also the PS3 version,(didnt work) they were out of stock on the 360. So lets see how many people have it work with the 360 version if possible

I know that this is unrelated but I got the regular xbox version and the ps3 steelbook. I was wondering if the ps3 steelbook is smaller than the xbox version. Again sorry for the noob question.

I tried every combination of this and this does not work. I tried the proper order as stated where steelbook first then CE and just rings up regular price. Tried it reverse way and regular price. I tried this with and without price matches and Nada. This is YMMV for a reason but what a waste of time and gas at multiple stores this was for me.

[quote name='cheapgamerone']I tried every combination of this and this does not work. I tried the proper order as stated where steelbook first then CE and just rings up regular price. Tried it reverse way and regular price. I tried this with and without price matches and Nada. This is YMMV for a reason but what a waste of time and gas at multiple stores this was for me.[/QUOTE]
You need a hybrid:lol:

It's working here in NJ. My brother in-law just got it too. He said first time was game then steelbook, and it didn't work. When he asked the bb employee to reverse it to steelbook then game, it worked. The employee then said he was going to get it for himself since there was only one steelbook left. My brother in-law also got some double poster(?) too. I think this was the Cherry Hill store.

This was again the 360 version. Also, we are both unlocked members, not sure if that means anything.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Might check tomorrow. They close in like 12 minutes here.[/QUOTE]

yup I will check in CT tomorrow def!

I was all ready to try this at my store, CE in hand...but no steelbooks were in stock (the employee looked in the back for me). :bomb: Oh well.

There was a 360 CE and steelbooks still available but I didn't even try to attempt it mostly because that shit had the spider wrap security and I can't take the dents on the box.

Where do they usually have the Steelbooks? Are the integrated with the games? I took a gander today, they had the game but no steelbooks.

[quote name='JMClarkent']Where do they usually have the Steelbooks? Are the integrated with the games? I took a gander today, they had the game but no steelbooks.[/QUOTE]I remember seeing some behind the little desk/register in the gaming department, but you might have to ask an employee to look in the back; AFAIK, they aren't integrated with the games.

They might just be on the rack with the other games, it is for my store. But they aren't packaged together.
Ex: The PS3 steelbooks are on the top racks and the game itself is on the bottom rack which is weird.
It's suppose to be alphabetized so it might be where all the "P" titled games are chilling on the display racks.

Just came back from BB that has a x360 steelbook and CE. Scanned steelbook first, then CE, still doesn't work. Still came up full price $79.99.

[quote name='gundie']Just came back from BB that has a x360 steelbook and CE. Scanned steelbook first, then CE, still doesn't work. Still came up full price $79.99.[/QUOTE]

Did you try price matching it to GS?
I thought that was key to getting the $39.99?

[quote name='iduncurr']Did you try price matching it to GS?
I thought that was key to getting the $39.99?[/QUOTE]

Someone mentioned PM is not even necessary to get the $39.99 price. Did I do this wrong? :cry:

[quote name='iduncurr']Did you try price matching it to GS?
I thought that was key to getting the $39.99?[/QUOTE]

That was not the key for me, I knew nothing of the GS price when I bought mine.

Price matching for me, co-worker, and brother in-law was not necessary. All three of us had luck when the steelbook was scanned first.

All were 360 and purchased in NJ, two in Mt. Laurel BB and one in Cherry Hill.

I've been following this thread to see if anyone else had luck, looks like just a few.

Sorry this was so YMMV, I would've never added my two cents.

I tried it at my Best Buy today in Riverdale, NJ and had no luck. Ended up caving and just purchasing it for $60.

So can I get a price match after having bought it on 4/24 to the Gamestop price? thought they would only PM their own prices after you already bought it

Surprised this post is still alive. Sorry more people could not benefit as I was simply looking at getting the $20 adjustment and when I got the game for $40 cheaper, I just could not let you all not know about this glitch. As many have stated, I did not have the steelbook when I simply tried the pricematch of Gamestop to try and get my $20 back (for the 360). I was trying to get it for $59.99 and it somehow rang up $39.99 and some people are successful with and without the steelbooks. I did not try to purchase the CE and steelbook from scratch and when they put in the GS price and then scan the UPC, this is when the game rang up as $39.99 for me. There was no return and repurchase or anything. I don't know if that helps clarify things?

Attempted this at the woodmore MD store no go. Price match steelbook first. I still picked it up I had a 5.00 coupon. The steel book was under the register.

[quote name='cagfansub']Can you buy just the steelbook? Is that $5 each?[/QUOTE]

This is a dead deal, but no, the steelbook rings at 49.99 I believe.

[quote name='slowdive21']This is a dead deal, but no, the steelbook rings at 49.99 I believe.[/QUOTE]

Wow? Just the empty case cost $49.99?

bread's done
Back