Prototype $54.99 AC @ Amazon

jkanownik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just received this in an email:

"Reserve your copy of Prototype today at Amazon.com and receive:

- A limited edition version of the Prototype Comic by Wild Storm. This Amazon.com exclusive takes a deeper dive into the world of Prototype and the hunt to capture the game's protagonist, Alex Mercer.*

- PLUS, save $5 when you pre-order Prototype at Amazon.com using the code "SAVE5PRO" at checkout.**
Expiration Date: 06/08/2009 11:59pm PST"

Amazon currently has it for $59.99, so it's $54.99 after the coupon.

Tack the ECA discount on for another $6 off bringing the total to $48.99

Edit: Oops, too slow :)

I've never really used Amazon, but if I use SuperSaver shipping, will I get it the day it comes out, or will I have to wait the 5-9 business days it takes after the game comes out?

[quote name='choffy21']I've never really used Amazon, but if I use SuperSaver shipping, will I get it the day it comes out, or will I have to wait the 5-9 business days it takes after the game comes out?[/QUOTE]

5-9 after it comes out. They won't get it to you the day of for free, lol

[quote name='choffy21']I've never really used Amazon, but if I use SuperSaver shipping, will I get it the day it comes out, or will I have to wait the 5-9 business days it takes after the game comes out?[/QUOTE]
Depends were you live and what shipping center they send it from. I've gottena few games on release day from amazon with FSSS. Recently I got Punch out on Wii about 3 days after it came out. I usually get them fast when they ship from their Nevada center.

Excellent news! I was waiting for a drop on Prototype, with the $5 coupon and the ECA 10%, this is a great price. Nice find TC. Thank you!

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Depends were you live and what shipping center they send it from. I've gottena few games on release day from amazon with FSSS. Recently I got Punch out on Wii about 3 days after it came out. I usually get them fast when they ship from their Nevada center.[/QUOTE]

Oh sick. I live in Arizona so it should be all good!

Sold! :bouncy:

Thanks OP! I'm not sure if I'll get this day-one but for $48.99 after ECA and your coupon, I'll place it in a holding-pattern for now.

[quote name='choffy21']Oh sick. I live in Arizona so it should be all good!

Sold! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Hey me too! What part of AZ are you from?

[quote name='Vader582']Thanks OP! I'm not sure if I'll get this day-one but for $48.99 after ECA and your coupon, I'll place it in a holding-pattern for now.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm doing too. Hopefully some early reviews will come out and sway me one way or the other.

Pre-ordering now. Thanks op. ;D
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='Pck21']Thanks OP! With the code and ECA discount, it came out to be $48.99. Not bad at all![/QUOTE]

Yup! Pretty good idd

[quote name='choffy21']Oh sick. I live in Arizona so it should be all good!

Sold! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Figures, I'm in Las Vegas and they just shipped inFAMOUS from Arizona.

Nice find! I put the coupon to use and put my pre-order in just now. With InFamous and Prototype, I think my open-world itch will get one hell of a scratch.

[quote name='kipz']Thanks op saved me an extra $5. Though I don't see anything about the comic on Amazon.
00.gif
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, OP, I've been looking forward to playing this. Looked really good from all the previews.

[quote name='choffy21']Glendale. Pretty sick[/QUOTE]

That's awesome, so am I. I usually get games pretty quick because I guess many of them are shipped from warehouses in neighboring states.

Nice! I was wondering when a good pre-order offer was going to come around. I'm not part of the ECA, but a friend is giving me a coupon. $49 sounds pretty good to me!

But i really only have the money for one game...so i'll renting Red Faction: Guerilla and Prototype through Gamefly and buy the one I think is better. I'm sure i'll eventually own both anyways.

[quote name='Pck21']That's awesome, so am I. I usually get games pretty quick because I guess many of them are shipped from warehouses in neighboring states.[/QUOTE]

Good. This is the first time ordering something straight from the Amazon warehouse for me so I'll see how it goes.

It says that delivery is expected on June 15th, but hopefully I can get it sooner

Hey anyone know if I preordered it now will it appear on my quick pick?

EDIT: Or if you have the XBOX360 on quick pick can you choose the PS3 one for the same price?

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely overlooked this, but it looks like Amazon is offering a $10 GC towards a future game purchase when you purchase prototype between 6/13 and 6/18. One more day left.

If I wasn't convinced the game will do a Red Faction Guerilla and drop to $40 in the next few weeks, I might've considered the deal.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Is a $5 discount really thread-worthy ?? This game seems like it'll drop quick but I suppose for people who can't wait $5 is better than nothing...[/QUOTE]

Plus 10% off with the ECA, it was only $47 for me so... yeah, it is thread-worthy.

[quote name='Pck21']Thanks OP! With the code and ECA discount, it came out to be $48.99. Not bad at all![/QUOTE]

You can say that again!
random.gif

bread's done
Back