PROTOTYPE - Gen. Discussion & Info

Have you guys walked around the city bumping into people...the way they react to you pushing them or bumping into them as just Alex Mercer is pretty cool...once you pull out the claws they just run :D

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Have you guys walked around the city bumping into people...the way they react to you pushing them or bumping into them as just Alex Mercer is pretty cool...once you pull out the claws they just run :D[/QUOTE]

Reminded me a bit of Assassin's Creed, where you pretty much just brush off of their shoulders, and can push them out of the way, if needed.

So far, I must say, I'm really enjoying this. I'm very glad I re-ordered it.

I have no complaints about the graphics either, they are pretty good on an HDTV; especially for an open-world game such as this with so much going on. The game is also extremely fun, you can just walk around doing whatever you want for hours on end, and not get bored. If you do, go cloak yourself into an old lady, and bring rampage down upon NYC as an old lady, flying from building to building and wreaking havoc.

I still prefer InFamous, in the battle between the two; but as I said, I'm very glad I changed my mind on it and re-ordered it, thanks to some very solid "info" I was able to obtain.

Man this is probably a really stupid question but I seriously can't figure out how to get OUT of a tank once you get in there. It is the most annoying thing ever. I just wanted to grab an achievement with it and now I'm done, do I seriously have to quit out and the come back in to get out of this thing?

[quote name='NinjaMajik']Man this is probably a really stupid question but I seriously can't figure out how to get OUT of a tank once you get in there. It is the most annoying thing ever. I just wanted to grab an achievement with it and now I'm done, do I seriously have to quit out and the come back in to get out of this thing?[/QUOTE]

hold B

Anyone know, on avg, how long it would take to beat this game? Trying to figure out what game to play next, and want something under 15ish hours

I haven't finished it but I'm about halfway with 6hrs under my belt and I'm exploring/messing around a lot. It's definitely under 15hrs if you go straight through it.

[quote name='KongaKing']Anyone know, on avg, how long it would take to beat this game? Trying to figure out what game to play next, and want something under 15ish hours[/QUOTE]

My first playthrough was ~13-14 hours on Normal, and that included getting all 50 Hint orbs, all 200 Landmark orbs, and finding all the Web of Intrigue people. Also got around to doing a good bit of the missions, but haven't gotten Gold/Platinum on all of them just yet. And right now I'm 5 hours into it on Hard mode just blasting through the missions only, and I've completed 24/31 story missions. So it can be beaten fairly quick, yea.

Of course in an open world game, it all boils down to how much time you spend dicking about.

It will take a bit longer if you do all the events as well. I've been getting golds as new events come up, and I just broke 14 hours with 24/31 missions done. Haven't even gotten half of any of the Orbs/Hints/Webs.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Reminded me a bit of Assassin's Creed[/QUOTE]

I was going to ask if this is worth getting, but oy... if it's like AC, I'll pass.

I'm bored with it you do the same stuff over and over and over... Up to 23 or 24 of 31 and it's becoming a chore to keep playing. Maybe if I hadn't just played inFamous right before starting this game i'd have liked it more but it's just not working for me. I did have fun going around and destroying the city when I first got into a helicopter though. lol

It's as long as you want to make it, i'm at like 7 hours playtime and i'm as far along as the guy above who played twice as long but obviously does all the sidemissions and hunts for orbs.

Somebody was telling me this game got really boring and repetitive by the end, and they didn't say Assassin's Creed but that is what I was thinking. I want to demo it before buying, especially if people are getting bored with it before they finish the game and its a 30-60 hour achievement game.

This game definitely gets boring, but I put in about 10 hours before it truly got to where I could not play it anymore, this includes completing missions and just messing around. I think I had about 7 or 8 missions left, but decided to call it quits since I'm still wanting to try other 360 games.

What compels game designers to put in missions that are so unbelievably stacked in favor of the enemy? Seriously, when you have checkpoints in your boss fights, you know something's wrong.

The whole "keep the bloodtox (or whatever it's called) machine pumping" mission is so unbelievably fucking stupid that it's insane. You have two waves of 8 hunters, a quick pause, about 6 more hunters and some sort of super hunter, another pause, two super hunters, a pause, two super hunters, six hunters and fucking two of those stupid tentacle things.. all at once. And you can't block the punches of the super hunters, Alex is knocked back for one punch and they hit him like six more times before he hits the ground.. you get back up, and they're all on top of you, because there's fucking TEN OF THEM.

fuck this game, I'm done.

Character design/movement reminds me alot of it being sort of a Venom/Carnage sort of game. If you ever wanted a bloody game based off those characters (like X-men Origins: Wolvie) you'll probably find some pleasure in this one. Honestly it kind of feels like it was originally going to be a Spidey game and then they just whipped of a fresh IP to match the bill. Not a prob IMO. I just like a game where I can run around crazy like a superhero.

For a prototype v infamous thing I'd have to say about the character fluidity, motion, control:

[P]: pro: definately faster, more agile, and more powerful. I thought the general "sprint" button was nice since even running down the street he'll auto jump over cars and ledges which is nice.
con: It can be hard just to stay on the freaking roof since he wants to fly off the next edge before you're ready.
: pro: very clean animations with a control scheme/feel that you know what to expect when you make that next jump.
con: underpowered, slow, and overly "sticky"
us_maxcarnage.jpg

What's the trick to stealth consuming a guy inside a military base/warehouse (indoors)? Seems there are always too many people watching and his path never takes him out of line of sight.

None of the guides at Gamefaqs or elsewhere seem to cover this game mechanic well. And the game is sort of brief on it.

Also, if the base is under lockdown what do you need to do to escape? Not very many hiding places in there.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']What's the trick to stealth consuming a guy inside a military base/warehouse (indoors)? Seems there are always too many people watching and his path never takes him out of line of sight.

None of the guides at Gamefaqs or elsewhere seem to cover this game mechanic well. And the game is sort of brief on it.

Also, if the base is under lockdown what do you need to do to escape? Not very many hiding places in there.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes you have to stealth consume the other soldiers in the base to clear a line of sight to get the main person you're there for. It's annoying as hell but it's often the only way you can do it.

If a base is in lockdown the only way out is to kill all the soldiers in the base.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']What's the trick to stealth consuming a guy inside a military base/warehouse (indoors)? Seems there are always too many people watching and his path never takes him out of line of sight.

Also, if the base is under lockdown what do you need to do to escape? Not very many hiding places in there.[/QUOTE]

• Firstly, keep following your target around, but without bumping into him/her
  • Second, if you see someone staring in your direction, try to stealth consume them so they can't see you consume your target
  • My last tip is, in case the previous two don't work, sprint into your target, or someone who is watching your target, causing them to turn around and look at you

Wow, I'm on the last battle now and I totally see why people slam this game. They spent all this time developing these really cool powers, that work most of the time. Then they setup the missions at the end of the game so that most of your powers are essentially nullified. You spend the majority of your time scrambling and dodging, and trying to break line of sight and heal. It really seems like a big FU to anyone who bought their game. Very bizarre choice.

I also appreciate them blowing up the helicopters right after you eject. It's always nice to lose the 25% health.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Wow, I'm on the last battle now and I totally see why people slam this game. They spent all this time developing these really cool powers, that work most of the time. Then they setup the missions at the end of the game so that most of your powers are essentially nullified. You spend the majority of your time scrambling and dodging, and trying to break line of sight and heal. It really seems like a big FU to anyone who bought their game. Very bizarre choice.

I also appreciate them blowing up the helicopters right after you eject. It's always nice to lose the 25% health.[/QUOTE]

The ending is definitely broken. The only thing is that because there are so many ways to approach it many people beat it without running into the major issues. A lot of people like myself become incredibly frustrated because many of the strategies they used all throughout the game are rendered useless and/or broken.

Tip 1) Do not use your whipfist (it will always target something other than what you want it to).

Tip 2) Do not under any circumstances use your whipfist to get in helicopters. Sometimes they will go out of range and immediately end the battle. I can't believe how broken this element is.

Tip 3) Consume enemies to get health while he's doing his devistator.

Tip 4) The tendril devistator is by far the best move to use on him.

Tip 5) His devistator will override your devistator, so make sure he's not about to do his move when you start yours.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Wow, I'm on the last battle now and I totally see why people slam this game. They spent all this time developing these really cool powers, that work most of the time. Then they setup the missions at the end of the game so that most of your powers are essentially nullified. You spend the majority of your time scrambling and dodging, and trying to break line of sight and heal. It really seems like a big FU to anyone who bought their game. Very bizarre choice.

I also appreciate them blowing up the helicopters right after you eject. It's always nice to lose the 25% health.[/QUOTE]

I was having a little trouble with the timed section on Hard before I realized you can pick up the missles and helicopters littered around the deck. I suppose that proves your point; there's no reason to use anything other than Musclemass for the whole fight. Dozens of "useful" abilities and the game devolves into throwing big things at his head very hard.

How many people here have played this and InFAMOUS? Now that everything has soaked in and you look back at both which is the better buy?

Prototype remeinded me of the Hulk games. Run around and try to figure out what to do while fighting/avoiding overwhelming numbers of enemies.

I'm renting this now and I can tell you I wouldn't buy it. Its a decent game but definitely a rental. If you're into achievements its a tough game to 1000 as well.

late comer. just bought this with bonus t-shirt from Best Buy [proof of purchase available].

love it. great mix of gaming elements i really enjoy. yeah, draw distance is noticeable, making those blue orbs a pain in the rear to find, but otherwise very fun so far.

[quote name='5of9']Prototype remeinded me of the Hulk games. Run around and try to figure out what to do while fighting/avoiding overwhelming numbers of enemies.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Radical actually developed Hulk and Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, so no surprise that this reminded you of those.

[quote name='tcrash247']I beat Infamous and played half of Prototype then stopped. Infamous was much, much better.[/QUOTE]

I think comparing these two games is like comparing Gears of War and Modern Warfare, or Halo. There was a poster earlier in this thread, sorry forgot your name, that fairly compared each game's strengths and weaknesses.

bread's done
Back