Prototype (PS3) - $36.99 on Amazon

For those who missed the gamestop deal I guess this is okay, Many areas have no gamecrazy so.

EDIT: Gamestop deal for 29.99 still live, my bad.

Too much for me. This was $15 at game crazy for BF. It also was $20 during a sale they held a few weeks back. I anticipate Steam will also have a better price for the PC version during their holiday deals.

[quote name='infini2001']$29.99 in Gamestop.
Game crazy had it at $14.99 on Black Friday!
So it is not a deal...
Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Now that's an even better deal! Just checked Gamestop, and they still have it for $29.99. Awesome.

Protoype is a bad game. With all the deals going on right now, this really shouldn't be at the top or anywhere near the top of anyone's list.

Just my opinion though.

Prinny, my thoughts also.

It's fun for a bit, but it's shallow and it just has the feeling of the other games the devs made. Like that hulk game. Now, Infamous. That's a game that should be on sale, that game is so cash.

I have to agree on Prototype being a poor game. Infamous is FAR better in every way. I'm actually surprised Prototype isn't already MSRP 19.99.

still dont understand how you compare infamous and prototype when these two games are competely different from each other. prototype was a solid game. it just didnt have as much replay value as infamous

both were sold at the same time marketed as the do whatever you want with powers games. everyone with a 360 went with prototype out of not having a choice, and ps3 people generally favored infamous. that's why their being compared.

[quote name='youngavatar']still dont understand how you compare infamous and prototype when these two games are competely different from each other. prototype was a solid game. it just didnt have as much replay value as infamous[/QUOTE]

No, Prototype and inFamous are extremely similar. So much so that after Platinuming inFamous, I started playing Prototype and had my worst gaming experience this year.

I'm not trying to be insulting when I say this, but it really, really feels like the devs were making a game for dumbasses. It's so mind-numbing boring and repetitive... God, this game frustrates me to no end.

Wrecking shit up left and right is fun for about... 5 hours, tops? The controls are ass, the graphics are mediocre, and the story is absolute nonsense. The game is short, no replay value, mindless collecting stuff and doing side-missions with no real rewards... I mean, the list goes on and on.

$30? No, buy any of the other hundreds of games on sale right now.

Both are mission based sand-box games with juiced up guys with super powers who can climb buildings like a monkey on a tree. Very similar and I'm surprised anybody would say they are COMPLETELY different. Now if we were comparing Prototype to NBA 2k10 I could see that remark popping up. lol

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']No, Prototype and inFamous are extremely similar. So much so that after Platinuming inFamous, I started playing Prototype and had my worst gaming experience this year.

I'm not trying to be insulting when I say this, but it really, really feels like the devs were making a game for dumbasses. It's so mind-numbing boring and repetitive... God, this game frustrates me to no end.

Wrecking shit up left and right is fun for about... 5 hours, tops? The controls are ass, the graphics are mediocre, and the story is absolute nonsense. The game is short, no replay value, mindless collecting stuff and doing side-missions with no real rewards... I mean, the list goes on and on.

$30? No, buy any of the other hundreds of games on sale right now.[/QUOTE]

lol funny thing is i can say that about many other games that got 90 in metacrtic but hey i understand prototype is not your type of game. just like im not into call of duty or halo.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Both are mission based sand-box games. Very similar and I'm surprised anybody would say they are COMPLETELY different. Now if we were comparing Prototype to NBA 2k10 I could see that remark popping up. lol[/QUOTE]

yea they are similar but they still compeletly different. example saints row 2 and gta4 they very similar in ways but their also different.

prototype has its own audience. It is fun game atleast worth playing once....i rented it and enjoyed it during those 4-5 days...i would certainly not call it garbage or a bad game........having said that all i would certainly not pay anything more than 20$ for it coz of its "NO" replay value....

Thanks for sharing OP

[quote name='youngavatar']yea they are similar but they still compeletly different. example saints row 2 and gta4 they very similar in ways but their also different.[/QUOTE]

Similar enough to say GTAIV is a better game than SR2 from a design and storytelling perspective. Of course games are different from others, but in the end they're still clones or derivatives of a certain genre. Mission-based sandbox in this case.

Same with inFamous and Prototype. Missions, sandbox, superpowers. Everyone has tastes, but my point was that there's much better ways to spend $30 because, in the end Prototype isn't for everyone (and in this case, everyone refers to a rather large % of gamers)

bread's done
Back