Prototype PS3/360 $19.99 Amazon DOTD

I'm pretty sure Prototype has been at 20 for a long time now almost everywhere...Granted it's a good time waster. I don't like it as much as inFamous(which it's usually compared to I believe) but it's fun.

[quote name='DM7000']I'm pretty sure Prototype has been at 20 for a long time now almost everywhere...Granted it's a good time waster. I don't like it as much as inFamous(which it's usually compared to I believe) but it's fun.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize it had already dropped. Come to think of it, I can't recall even seeing it on store shelves recently.

[quote name='DM7000']I'm pretty sure Prototype has been at 20 for a long time now almost everywhere...Granted it's a good time waster. I don't like it as much as inFamous(which it's usually compared to I believe) but it's fun.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's OFFICIALLY dropped or anything... I certainly haven't seen it readily available at that price... YET.

This seems like the type of game to hit sub-$20 soon. :roll: Not sure I want to pay more than $15ish...

Just seems like the kind of game that's neither great nor terrible... sort of lost in the shuffle.

it was pretty fun. pretty decent sandbox game. plus, I enjoy hucking cars from the top of buildings at groups of people.

is that wrong?

[quote name='Lord Darkstorn']Isn't this game basically a poor man's inFamous? Still tempting, however...[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I liked the gameplay more in this, and the controls felt more polished to me. But I think the story was better in Infamous. Plus, it's not that good of a comparison. If anything, this is much more comparable to Spiderman: Web of Shadows.

The game is good, though. But it's no longer worth the $20 they're trying to sell it at.

There are tons of similarities between the two games. But both had advantages. On Prototype you could climb up walls instead of jumping and grabbing ledges on Infamous. Story is better on Infamous though.

I'm debating this as well. I missed the last time this was DotD a few months ago for $20 as well. Since then it hasn't dropped in price. I want to get it, but with Starcraft 2 now and Mafia 2 coming in 10 days...then NHL 11 and Dead Rising 2 in September...I don't know if I'll have the time.

I've been trying to only buy games I'll have time to play, my backlog is pretty embarrassingly large. ;)

Hmmm...

zoidberg_bad.jpg

[quote name='Lord Darkstorn']Isn't this game basically a poor man's inFamous? Still tempting, however...[/QUOTE]
Actually all this game was was Hulk: Ultimate Destruction from the PS2/Xbox gen re-skinned and with some different enemy types.

Otherwise it's a straight up clone of that game.

But I still preferred Prototype over inFamous. Both are repetitive though.:cry::roll:

I'm about three hours in on this.. picked it up for $5 with singularity.

I like it.. controls aren't too crazy. Story so far is ok... has elements of alot of sandbox games (GTA, Crackdown, Infamous)

$20 isn't a bad price based on my playing time..

Kevin

If you like sandbox style games this is a must have game at $20, pretty fun blowing stuff up and shapeshifting is just awesome. I liked it much much better than inFamous

I'm pretty sure I got my copy for $10 a while ago.

Also, I've only played a bit of the game (at a friends house) and other than coming out around the same time, I fathom as to why this game is ever compared in the same light as inFamous...

I would like to buy it, but I don't get free shipping for this....I thought Amazon used to allowed free shipping when the list price is over $25 and sales price under $25. Or is it just for Lighting Deal, not Deal of the Day?

I bought it for $13 during the GameFly sale. Haven't played much since I got newer games I wanted to play first. It's fun to just fuck around in. It's more fun to play than inFamous, IMO. inFamous still has the better story.

[quote name='colwin']I would like to buy it, but I don't get free shipping for this....I thought Amazon used to allowed free shipping when the list price is over $25 and sales price under $25. Or is it just for Lighting Deal, not Deal of the Day?[/QUOTE]

Buy some batteries.

[quote name='Magikarp830']I don't think it's OFFICIALLY dropped or anything... I certainly haven't seen it readily available at that price... YET.

This seems like the type of game to hit sub-$20 soon. :roll: Not sure I want to pay more than $15ish...

Just seems like the kind of game that's neither great nor terrible... sort of lost in the shuffle.[/QUOTE]

My mistake then I thought I had seen it almost everywhere at 20. I agree with not paying more than 15 though. Like I said it's a good time waster but it does have it's flaws.

I decided to bite. I paired this with Ultimate Mortal Kombat for DS ($14.99...thanks again Fire Thief). With my $10 GC, total came just under $25 for both.

Thanks again OP!

bread's done
Back