PS+ 1 month code credit card issue

joshuatly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Hi,

I have several PS+ 1 month codes, but I cant use it because it require a valid credit card. I tried enter mine, but it refuse to accept, probably because 1st, its a debit card, or it can be because im not in US

Anyone have the same problem? Any known ways to bypass this?

I used a prepaid debit card to redeem a few of these. I know of people who couldnt use several cards on psn, for whatever reason im not sure of. If you cant get it to work and wanna part with some of the codes let me know :)

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Got 3 US PS+ codes with that Amazon Black Friday Vita bundle, but since I live in The Netherlands and have a Dutch billing address, they won't accept my creditcard info on the US store. Which is pretty damn stupid to begin with, but normally you can just get around that by buying prepaid cards. Sadly, the PS+ codes are all trial codes so they will auto-renew up to 3 months unless you turn that off, so they need to have your CC info on file.

There's no loophole that I know of but I also haven't tried anything. Who knows, perhaps if you already have a PS+ subscription running it won't ask for your CC info, but I can't be bothered to try that as it would require me to go buy PSN credit.

My suggestion is to try and get rid of them in the Trading Forum.

I already have an active PS+ account, but i cant use the 1 month code without entering credit card. i've PM some that claim they can help, but still havent get respond from them.

My question is, will the 30 days PS+ code actually add 30 days to the existing PS+ subscription? My codes are asking for CC info too, I'm just wondering if I can redeem the codes and delete the CC info immediately after...

1. Yes you have to enter CC data to redeem the free codes
2. Yes you can delete CC data right after code redemption
3. Yes redeeming a code extends an existing PS+ subscription

One other thing, make sure you turn off auto renewal - redeeming a free PS+ code turns on auto renewal.

bread's done
Back