PS+ Automatic Update

Luriden

CAGiversary!
Feedback
694 (100%)
Any PS+ users use this feature? I'm trying to find more instructions on how to use it or how it works, but all I'm finding is how to enable it. If I set it to turn on in the middle of the night, will it literally turn itself on, make the BEEP noise as if I turned it on manually, show my friends that I'm online so it can download updates, and then shut off? Also, I read that it automatically downloads certain demos, is there a way to tell it what demos to download or does it download any new demos?

I have that feature on and it'll update your saved games you allowed, sync up your trophies and if you have downloads ready, it'll continue to download until complete or I think for a certain time you let it on.

I don't do demo's so I can't give you a good answer, I thought there was an option after setting the time though.

As for boot up etc, I don't think it makes the noise and shows you as online. I have mine set to go at 4 am and have been up once or twice early enough to see it updating, and it is a different screen than normal.

I have had some friends ask my why I was up playing PS3 at 4:30am when it ups my trophies though (since they post to my facebook) :)

Though I haven't watched it turn on myself, I believe it's using some other way to get on PSN and check for updates and such than the way you typically would. I use it for uploading new saves for the games I've set to auto upload, downloading updates, syncing trophies, and occasionally to installing stuff if I'm lazy and don't need to play them right away.

I don't think Sony's pushed any demos to PS+ members since at least before I joined in March, so that aspect may not be an issue any more. It seems like they're far more interested in offering pre-order deals and launch sales for PS+ members plus the usual slate of free games to play.

I have it and use it. It doesn't beep when it turns on, it will turn on during the time that you setup and just for the duration that you set. Any download that didn't complete during that time will be added to your download list (under the Network section) and will resume next time you turn on the console (or when the automatic updater runs next time)

It will do the following: Sync all trophies, sync saves of titles where you've enabled it, update games that require patches (little requirement: you need to at least have started the game AFTER your PS+ subscription begins, otherwise they won't be considered for the update)

If you have any pending downloads they will be downloaded as well

Great, thanks for the replies, I'll give it a shot. I think I was more concerned about the thing beeping and waking me up in the middle of the night than anything else.

[quote name='Luriden']Great, thanks for the replies, I'll give it a shot. I think I was more concerned about the thing beeping and waking me up in the middle of the night than anything else.[/QUOTE]

Luriden

For someone who does gameshares this is an epic feature!

Not only does it do what the folks above said, but the main thing is that if you set it up to run and say you buy a new share and set it up to download then turn it off and go to bed. When you wake up the game will be fully downloaded and installed ready to go!

I was leary at first but now I love it!

[quote name='shadowkast']I've never had it download demos or videos like it suggests, only stuff I've queued up[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's how I do it. Que a bunch up before bed and they are installed ready to go the next day! Brilliant!

bread's done
Back