PS+ Now or Later?

Cromzz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I'm getting paid soon, and I was wondering if it'd be a good idea to get PS+ now to cash in on the free games it offers, or wait until later, closer to PS4 launch. I'd be getting a 1-year subscription, regardless.

now , its 40 at bestbuy.com and it hardly ever goes on sale, Also it doesnt have to be activated right away, so you could just wait until PS4 launches if you dont have a PS3 or just wanted to save it for PS4 stuff later this year.

Now if you have a PS3 and/or Vita and time to play the free games on those platforms since one PS+ sub will work for both those and the PS4 when it launches.

They've got a ton of free games right now.  I'm not a PSN+ member but I took a look at the games.  It would be a compelling month for people to sign up if they haven't played most of them already.  Personally, I've played through all the PS3 games on that list that I want to play.

Yeah, it's mostly older stuff that people who've had a PS3 for a long time, and gamed on it a lot, would have already played.

It's great for me as I didn't get a PS3 until Jan 2012, and still have mostly played 360 since then until recently, so I've played hardly any of the stuff they put up.

The real answer to this question would have been yesterday :)

That would have allowed you to lock in on closure, inFamous 2, LBP 2, and Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One which are now gone from the collection unless you were already signed up and added them to your account.

I'm thinking of getting it again, and honestly not even for the games. Mostly for the automatic updates and cloud storage.

I currently do not own a PS3. Is it at all possible to purchase a PS+ membership, active it online, and add the free digital downloads to a Q to then download them when I pick up a PS4...? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I currently do not own a PS3. Is it at all possible to purchase a PS+ membership, active it online, and add the free digital downloads to a Q to then download them when I pick up a PS4...?
Games purchased digitally on the PS3 will not transfer over to the PS4. So if you indeed got a plus subscription now and don't have a PS3 now or anytime soon, I would just wait to activate it until you get a PS4. Go ahead and take advantage of BB having it $10 off for a year sub.

When does the Best Buy deal end? I was about to purchase PS+, but then I noticed I could get a mic + stand + pop filter for a little over $40 and did that instead.

When does the Best Buy deal end? I was about to purchase PS+, but then I noticed I could get a mic + stand + pop filter for a little over $40 and did that instead.
According to the thread with the deal 6/22. It also says it on the printable coupon for the deal. Who knows if they could decide to yank the deal earlier or not.

Now the games are insane i always said i'd never go PS+ but i went with bestbuys sell i just couldn't pass up this months offerings. my backlog is huge and PS+ just made it jump even more its insane i probably won't have to buy any games till KH3 or FF15 comes out incase i really want a game

Just bought one for 40 bucks, and might go ahead and buy another if its true that ps+ is hardly ever on sale.

Gonna just hold the one I have until ps4 launch. Have a ps3 but its basically a blu ray player as I really prefer 360 right now.

Damn you MSFT, I feel like im breaking up with a chick or something, one who went all crazy and got overly possessive and started leaving engagement ring hints when we were not even remotely close to that.... 

When i go to the website it say 49.99
  1. Login to your BestBuy.com account (Free Account Sign-Up)
  2. Link your Best Buy account with your BestBuy Reward Zone (Free Account Sign-Up)
  3. Sign-up your Best Buy Reward Zone with Gamers Club Reward Zone Program.
  4. Add items to cart (prices reflect at checkout)
Just bought one for 40 bucks, and might go ahead and buy another if its true that ps+ is hardly ever on sale.

Gonna just hold the one I have until ps4 launch. Have a ps3 but its basically a blu ray player as I really prefer 360 right now.

Damn you MSFT, I feel like im breaking up with a chick or something, one who went all crazy and got overly possessive and started leaving engagement ring hints when we were not even remotely close to that....

If you haven't done so already, log into HOME and do a few fetch quests to get 1 free month of PS+ where you can download the free 18 PS+ (12 for PS3 , 6 for vita) games and play them for a month. Its free and a good way to check out PS+

bread's done
Back