PS One Classics you would would buy on the PSN store if available

Josh5890

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
I thought I would start a thread like this since I didn't see one when I was looking. Anyway, tell us what PS1 games you wish to download...

Suikoden 2
Grand Theft Auto 1 or 2
Gran Turismo 1 or 2
Xenogears
Parasite Eve 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
X-Men vs. Street Fighter
Marvel Super Heroes

Also, if either of the Spider-Man games got released I'd probably play them more than the cumulative time I've already spent playing my PS3. Yes, I love them that much.

Intelligent Qube
Lunar SSSC and Eternal Blue
Thousand Arms
Star Ocean 2
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and Trilogy

Ape Escape
Parapa the Rapper
Dino Crisis 2
Ehrgeiz
FF9
Megaman Legends 1&2
Need for Spped High Stakes ( mostly for the soundtrack)
Parasite Eve 1&2

Im down for alot of the neo geo fighters and shooters as long as they add online gaming.

[quote name='Paco']Intelligent Qube[/QUOTE]

Good Call!

I remember back in the day, playing that on the ps1. It was actually just the demo. And both I and my dad just thought it was amazing. Years later he was talking to me wanting to play it again, but this time the full game. I did some searching and of course it had to be one of those rare cult games that's usually $50+ on ebay.:bomb:

[quote name='defmonkey05']Good Call!

I remember back in the day, playing that on the ps1. It was actually just the demo. And both I and my dad just thought it was amazing. Years later he was talking to me wanting to play it again, but this time the full game. I did some searching and of course it had to be one of those rare cult games that's usually $50+ on ebay.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

You do know that the game and its even rarer sequel IQ Final are on the Japanese PSN right? I have it, but I want a US release so I could put it on my PSP without changing accounts and losing access to all my American games.

Einhander
Crash Team Racing
Tekken 3
Final Fantasy 9
WipEout 2097
Parapa the Rapper
Gran Turismo 1 and 2
Tomba 1 and 2

Breath of Fire III/IV
Suikoden 2
Tomba! 1/2
Chocobo's Dungeon 2
Thousand Arms
Ergheiz
Star Ocean 2
Ape Escape
Mega Man 8
Mega Man X4/5/6
Lunar 1/2

Chrono Cross
Lunar: Silver Star Story
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve 2
Star Ocean
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Suikoden 2
The Legend of Dragoon
Xenogears

That pretty much covers it, possibly Suikoden 1 as well, but I didn't much like that game :/

[quote name='Verloren']Chrono Cross
Lunar: Silver Star Story
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve 2
Star Ocean
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Suikoden 2
The Legend of Dragoon
Xenogears

That pretty much covers it, possibly Suikoden 1 as well, but I didn't much like that game :/[/QUOTE]

Suikoden 1 is already up there.

Star Ocean was a Nintendo game. Good luck getting that one.

I would also like to get the FF Anthology? The one that had Chrono Trigger.

[quote name='wildcpac']Suikoden 1 is already up there.

I would also like to get the FF Anthology? The one that had Chrono Trigger.[/QUOTE]

Final Fantasy Chronicles had Chrono Trigger in it, along with Final Fantasy IV.

Even if they put it on the PSN store, I wouldn't be suprised if it was two seperate games.

Ape Escape
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Tenchu 2

-Edit-
Almost forgot Silent Bomber.

[quote name='lilman']Ape Escape
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Tenchu 2[/QUOTE]

yeah good call on tenchu. tenchu 1 and 2 would be great to get on psn.

Parappa the Rapper and Um Jammer Lammy
THPS2
a bunch of different RPGs

and that Japanese cooking restaurant game that was on some demo discs, haha

There are far too many to list honestly. Why Sony can't release just a single title per week on PSN is beyond me. They are sitting on a gold mine in which many people (myself included) want to pay to play again.

Intelligent Qube is close to the top of my list.

Final Fantasy IX
Parasite Eve 1 & 2
Chrono Cross
Fear Effect 1 & 2
Legend of Dragoon
Dance Dance Revolution
Lunar SSSC

I still own all of these games in their original format, but I wouldn't mind purchasing them again for the convenience of not having to mess around with discs.

I pretty much have every PS1 game that I want.

The only I would really love to see is Vib Ribbon. Since it never made it here and I'm not the importing type, it would be great to see it on PSN.

[quote name='Paco']You do know that the game and its even rarer sequel IQ Final are on the Japanese PSN right? I have it, but I want a US release so I could put it on my PSP without changing accounts and losing access to all my American games.[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't know that, but it wouldn't surprise me. jpn psn store has so many ps1 classics its ridiculous. I've thought about buying a jpn psn card, but finding anything on that store is a pain, because I can't read Japanese! :cold: I have a hard enough time trying to find any good themes on their store lol. I've only played a couple imports with english translations and would just wait for it to come here sooner or later.

UmJammer Lammy is already on the US PSN. What kills me is that some of the titles we want are already on PSN in Japan and a few in Europe as well. I'd gladly grab them and sell of my original copies of some of those games just so I can play them on my PS3 and still take it with me as a PSP game. I'd probably play them more than original PSP games if I think about it :p Like mtxbass1 said, releasing at least one a week would be a great idea. I mean if Microsoft can go releasing at least one XBLA title a week, why can't Sony do the same and give people a reason to at least grab one thing off PSN per week. Mind boggling stuff, indeed.

My personal wish list is as follows. I will probably echo what other people have already mentioned and what's already out on the JP store but a lil more exposure never hurt anyone... much.

-Ace Combat series
-Akuji The Heartless
-Alundra series
-Ape Escape
-Arc the Lad Collection
-Armored Core series
-Beyond the Beyond
-Blazing Dragons
-Breath of Fire 3 & 4
-Bust A Groove series
-Chrono Cross
-Crash Team Racing
-Devil Dice
-Dino Crisis 2
-Einhander
-Ergheiz
-Fear Effect series
-Final Fantasy 9, Anthology, Chronicles, Origins
-G-Darius
-Gunner's Heaven (JP release but has little to no Japanese in it)
-Incredible Crisis
-Intelligent Qube & IQ Final
-Legend of Mana
-Legend of Dragoon
-Legend of Legaia
-Lunar series
-Mega Man Legends series
-The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
-N20
-Persona 2
-R4: Ridge Racer Type 4
-Rival Schools
-Silent Bomber
-Speed Punks
-Suikoden 2
-Tales of Destiny series
-Tenchu series
-Threads of Fate
-Thunder Force 5
-Valkyrie Profile
-Tobal No. 2
-Vib-Ribbon (JP release but one I would love to play again)

I would also like to get the FF Anthology? The one that had Chrono Trigger.[/QUOTE]

First Departure, the remake of Star Ocean, is on PSP.

I wouldn't mind seeing that on PSN, as I don't plan on ever buying a PSP. Just don't like playing on a handheld.

Suikoden 2 cannot come soon enough. I beat it about 4 times when I had it originally on the PSX. I sold it in 2005 because 120 was too much to pass up on. The game is still $120 used on the ebay market. The price is going to drop like a rock once it is finally put on the PSN.

[quote name='wildcpac']Suikoden 2 cannot come soon enough. I beat it about 4 times when I had it originally on the PSX. I sold it in 2005 because 120 was too much to pass up on. The game is still $120 used on the ebay market. The price is going to drop like a rock once it is finally put on the PSN.[/QUOTE]

I'm not too sure about that as far as a price drop. Suikoden still gets good money ebay I think, and it is $5.99 on PSN. But you are right that it cannot come soon enough.

I know Suikoden is alreay on it, I only metioned it off-handedly.

As for Star Ocean, I didn't actually know that - The Last Hope International made me interested in the franchise so I want to play the rest. If it's a Nintendo game I will just opt for the PSP remake. I should really have checked before I posted lol, nevermind.

[quote name='BeerBro']Gran Turismo 4 , lol. i know it won't happen[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't really see a point right now since you can still buy a PS2 and a copy of Gran Turismo 4.

Ehrgeiz
Wild9
&
Other tings lol.

I still own many of the PS1 games I would want but I never got to play certain games at all. Since I didn't play them it's hard to remember the names but if I saw it it'll all come back to me.

[quote name='fizzywix']Parappa the Rapper and Um Jammer Lammy
THPS2
a bunch of different RPGs

and that Japanese cooking restaurant game that was on some demo discs, haha[/QUOTE]

Um Jammer Lammy is on PSN, so spend away!;)

Suikoden 2 is my most wanted so far; along with other very rare RPGs. Any other RPGs would be great too; I'll take all I can get!

Yep, everyone's got it right - Suikoden II. And for completion's sake Persona 2 Innocent Sin. Then again, I'd rather get a disc release, but I'll take what I can get!

I truley think that Suikoden II will be available in the not so distant future, seeing as the first one has been out for quite a while now.

FFIX for sure.
Never got to play some of the rarer titles (nor will I pay a premium to now), so definitely stuff like Xenogears and Vagrant Story.

bread's done
Back