PS One LCDs $13 @ K-Mart

L

larrytrain

K-Mart is clearing them out...$13 gets you a PSone LCD. I have no idea what other stuff is on clearance there, but I just picked up a couple to trade - if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

Sorry, can't be of help this time... my store sold all our clearance PS One's when they were marked at $26. Sold them all within two days of me making the post on CAG, actually.

There IS a 50% clearance event going on in the store right now, I believe... this could account for the recent drop down to $13.

[quote name='Roufuss']Sorry, can't be of help this time... my store sold all our clearance PS One's when they were marked at $26. Sold them all within two days of me making the post on CAG, actually.

There IS a 50% clearance event going on in the store right now, I believe... this could account for the recent drop down to $13.[/QUOTE]

50% off anything else gaming related?

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']50% off anything else gaming related?[/QUOTE]

The signs I've seen just said general clearance... I really didn't investigate it too much, since I don't have any more clearance stuff in my dept. since I sold through all the screens.

mine has ONE combo (been there forever) and it's marked at 80. i asked them to ring it up (mind you, this was a couple weeks ago) and it rang up at 80. too rich for my blood.

My Kmarts still have ton. Took a while for them to clearance them out. Anyone know if these will work with the fat PS2s as well?

I just want the screen too, so its pretty much useless to me to get the combos that my local store still has. Hopefully they have some other good stuff still left.

[quote name='Fire']My Kmarts still have ton. Took a while for them to clearance them out. Anyone know if these will work with the fat PS2s as well?[/QUOTE]
no. the system custom fits the psone. sorry

[quote name='Fire']My Kmarts still have ton. Took a while for them to clearance them out. Anyone know if these will work with the fat PS2s as well?[/QUOTE]

it will work with extra cable and couplers, for all other consoles/dvd/etc

i found one 3 weeks ago for $26. will they return the difference of $13 to adjust the current price or should i return then rebuy?

Thanks for the heads up I picked up one for 13. With the 25 dollar PS1 I got at Sears a while ago only paid 38 total not to bad at all. Cheaper then a new Laser if I ever need one and was even able to track one down. I did a price check on the combo they still want 80 for it. I bet it's down to 40 within a year or two.

Just got back from my Kmart - the combo was $80, but the 3 screens I bought were $13 =]

Now to figure out how to use them with PS2 and GC...

if someone has a complete ps1 screen that they're looking to trade, please see my list.

if you don't see anything there, PM me, I'm pretty interested in getting one of these screens.

thanks,
stew

I can confirm the 13 dollar LCD screen. Bought mine today. Plugged it in, turned the power on, hear music but the back light wasn't working. I think the back light went bad. Hitting the brightness buttons didn't do anything.

So back to Kmart Tuesday to do an exchange. Yay! :p

Checked out Kmart this morning and they had no ps one screens, but they did have 5 bundles of the psone and screen for $50 at my kmart.

[quote name='Prepster']Checked out Kmart this morning and they had no ps one screens, but they did have 5 bundles of the psone and screen for $50 at my kmart.[/QUOTE]

Thats not horrible

Went to another K-mart that was right next to my bank at lunch - picked up two more LCD screens , and a PSOne system for $30. Woohoo.

[quote name='maxg']I can confirm the 13 dollar LCD screen. Bought mine today. Plugged it in, turned the power on, hear music but the back light wasn't working. I think the back light went bad. Hitting the brightness buttons didn't do anything.

So back to Kmart Tuesday to do an exchange. Yay! :p[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you've got a little bit of time...try turning it on and off a few times (plug as well) a few hours apart. Some of both Toys R us and Kmart's stock had just been there so long the screen hibernated...but most woke up after a while.

Also, for those just now picking up screens, this was a thread i made under my old screen name about how to hook up any a/v device to the screen. 56K WARNING ..no, really, the pics are huge...and i have plans of someday straightening that page out and making them a bit smaller...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34554&highlight=screen

Yep, still active today.

Picked up two screens @ 13 each. I didn't see any in the electronics dept, so I asked the guy about them and he said "yeah, we have em, they're on clearance, I'll be right back." He went to the back and brought back 3, I bought two.

YMMV, but you might ask about them, as they may be in the back and not on the shelf.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Thats not horrible[/QUOTE]

Oh I know, i didn't mean to make it sound like it was a bad deal. But I might go back and ask someone that works in the electronics department if they have any screens in the back.

First Kmart = all gone

Second Kmart = JACKPOT! Picked up 3@ $13 ...left 2 more for other people.

Car modding inc ;)

Thank you OP!!!! I missed out on these with the TRU clearance.

I just called a local Kmart, and they said their screens were $79.99. Was this guy lying? Or perhaps that is the tag price on the box and he is too lazy to actually scan it. What are that odds that the price will be lower when scanned?

Also, does anyone have a UPC or something where I could call their customer service desk and ask for a price check?

Went to one of my local Kmarts all the had were combos tagged 79.99. I did'nt ask for them to scan they get pissed, there ass holes... But I did pick up the car power adapter for 4.00 they had a ton of them...

I have my PS1 LCD screen with the mod where it will hook up to any console..... If anyone wants it PM me and I will get some pics of it, thanks!

[quote name='Kfoster1979']Went to one of my local Kmarts all the had were combos tagged 79.99. I did'nt ask for them to scan they get pissed, there ass holes... But I did pick up the car power adapter for 4.00 they had a ton of them...[/QUOTE]

Both K-marts i went to had them at $13. One was marked at $104, and the other was at $91. So don't go by what you see. While both store employees were shocked, the second store said that they'd never keep items that discounted down, but voila!
He tried to sell me replacement plans for my lcd and psOne too - and acted all crazy like i was missing out on a great deal when i told him No 5 times.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Both K-marts i went to had them at $13. One was marked at $104, and the other was at $91. So don't go by what you see. While both store employees were shocked, the second store said that they'd never keep items that discounted down, but voila!
He tried to sell me replacement plans for my lcd and psOne too - and acted all crazy like i was missing out on a great deal when i told him No 5 times.[/QUOTE]
...if i remember correctly, it was somehere between 1 and 2 dollars if they got a replacement plan on something like that. I really dont miss working there...

[quote name='SpottedNigel']...if i remember correctly, it was somehere between 1 and 2 dollars if they got a replacement plan on something like that. I really dont miss working there...[/QUOTE]

Yea - i figured he either got a commission or something the way he was acting.

bread's done
Back