PS Plus Free extra 30 Days - IF your Welcome Back PS+ subscription is expired

CaptainPiracy

CAGiversary!
Hey all!,

If you were like me and signed up for the PSN Plus on the welcome back package, you were a little bummed it came to an end. Anyway, I flipped on my PS3 today and saw it still said I was a Plus member in my status icon. Any time I tried to open up the items that were free under plus, they just froze or errored. I checked the expire date in my services and it said 07/03. So I was going to buy subscription for 3 months to finish up the games I got for free. So I went into the store and click the "EA Games Welcome Back" promo ad. In the ad the Playstation Plus subscription sub folder is at the top. I opened that and there was a "PS Plus 30 Days Free" option!! So I opened and hit "Get Now".. sure enough it went through. I checked my Services in transaction manager and BOOM.. extra month. Now I'm expiring on 08/02/2011.

See pictures below for evidence and steps! Receipt at bottom.
Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Check your Remaining Service

Receipt e-mail also below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your PlayStation(R)Store purchase.

A receipt of your purchase is below. Be sure to keep it in a safe place for future reference.

PlayStation(R)Store Receipt

Online ID CaptainPiracy
Name EDITED OUT

Order Number 240506XXXX

Date/Time Purchased 07/04/2011 @ 04:41 AM
Total Amount $0.00

Item / Service Details Price (Dollars)

IP9101-NPIA90005_01-PSPLUS30DAYSFREE-UJ99 PlayStation(R)Plus: 30 Days Free Free

(Next Renewal Date: 08/02/2011 @ 07:46 PM)

Sub Total $0.00
Tax $0.00

Total $0.00

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES--------------
PSN will make you turn on the Automatic funding for the wallet when you sign up for the free 30 days... you can turn it off immediately after.

To Turn off automatic funding:
On teh XMB highlight the "Playstation Network" group then go to:

Account Management
--> Transaction Management
--> Automatic Funding
--> Enter Password to turn it off / on

P.S. - shameless ask -
Please, if anyone has an Xbox 360 copy of the new Magic 2012 planeswalker game, I'd like the promo code for the free card if you don't want it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']That sucks, I just started my subscription free today.[/QUOTE]

I fail to see how that sucks.

[quote name='retrad']I fail to see how that sucks.[/QUOTE]

Sucks for me. :whistle2:?

Actually not a big loss, just been getting the free dynamic themes.

wow it worked it now expires 08/04/11 instead of 07/04/11 also I didn't have Plus before the WB package and I to redeemed the first day

[quote name='neuropunk']PSFreeloader+

I myself, am a legitimate genuine PS+ member. I'm VIP, not some riff raff lowlife freeloader.[/QUOTE]

We're all very proud of you.

Logged into my account again before going to bed last night and lo and behold, there was my free 30 days. I guess your subscription has to be closer to actually expiring for it to work, because I didn't see the option earlier in the day. Either way, thanks to the OP for pointing this out. I probably would have just let it lapse otherwise.

I myself, am a legitimate genuine PS+ member. I'm VIP, not some riff raff lowlife freeloader.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I find comments like these ridiculous. I am also a "legitimate" PS+ user until next August (15 months + 2 for Welcome Back), but someone isn't a "lowlife" for taking advantage of a technical flaw.

It's no different than when a store like Best Buy or Future Shop have two sales overlap each other online due to sale 1 not expiring right at 12am.

Seriously, grow up. Taking advantage of a video game offer doesn't make people lowlives. It just makes you excessive and immature for saying it.

[quote name='ddp72984']Has anyone had any luck with this, or was it a form of glitch?

I mean, as if today, July 7th?[/QUOTE]

Welcome Back program expired July 5th, so there's no way to get it now.

I don't understand then. Just because the op redeemed their original free month on the very first day, they get another offer for a free month off the bat?

I'm not calling anyone a fibber or anything, but I don't get why I miss out on another month of plus because I didn't claim my free month on the very first day?

EDIT: Just rereading it, so this was a glitch kinda like how the eu psn got a free copy of vice city stories for a few hours?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ddp72984']I don't understand then. Just because the op redeemed their original free month on the very first day, they get another offer for a free month off the bat?

I'm not calling anyone a fibber or anything, but I don't get why I miss out on another month of plus because I didn't claim my free month on the very first day?

EDIT: Just rereading it, so this was a glitch kinda like how the eu psn got a free copy of vice city stories for a few hours?[/QUOTE]

It was more of a loophole than a glitch. Sony intended to offer Plus for another day even though they knew some people would be getting a second free month out of it.

I didn't redeem my original free month on the first day (which I think was June 3rd); I did it on June 4th and the extra 30 day free listing showed up on July 4th.

sorry if anyone brought this up, but i just turned my ps3 on for the first time in about 2 weeks and im still marked as +.. i redeemed on the first day so it should be back to normal now..

they DID say this doesn't auto renew, right?

bread's done
Back